Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Funcom, what should we do about missing items?

Quote Originally Posted by Argantes View Post
    yep, was exactly my thought. too bad that also people with multiple beacon relocators, totems of origin etc. were affected as well, otherwise we could laugh now on all the exploiters who bought 2nd BB ring etc. and were hit by this mighty ban hammer
    Kind of stupid that the BB ring is Can Only Have One when the Amphitheater ring is more or less exactly the same...

Thumbs down

i lost my rings too, i lost t4 ring also,

BUT did anyone else lose social gear from item shop? i atleat miss 2-3 full fanity gear set... i lost like 50% from my stuff in invneotry (quest inventory) and the ****ing joke is that gm only recovered my bag + VETERAN SHOES Omg .

Quote Originally Posted by Balacai View Post
    Kind of stupid that the BB ring is Can Only Have One when the Amphitheater ring is more or less exactly the same...
    well, yes, but you have to keep in mind, that the BB ring was the unique one for like 2 years, only later they added the one from AoK.. and probably forgot to change "can only be one" requirement on the BB one also the bug with "can only have one" items being obtainable more than once already happened (at least) once in the era before the AoK ring was added (iirc) and there was quite a crowd in the BB cave during those few days
    aka Morte.. Morce.. Morte.. Morce again.. bah, whatever..

Angry

I didn't have two of those Have only One items, just one of each as the game allowed. Still I lost 3 rings.

The silly GM, although polite only restored the ring that was a quest reward as that can be verified easily to have been completed on a character.

I was then asked to tell them when I got the other two rings... SERIOUSLY?! Like I keep a logbook of when I get what item. I could only say that I had one for very long time and the other probably sometimes earlier this year.

I mean, Funcom's database Guys screwed up or their new improved Network code did somehow, this is definately a serverside/client error issue and thereby Funcoms full responsibility and they say I can only get my items back if I can tell exactly what I lost and when I got the items?! OMG!!!

Funcom alone has this information, they can just roll the server back till before yesterday and everyone will have everything back! Any backup from before yesterday afternoon will restore my 3 rings, and Funcom alone can do this. SO DO IT! Or give me back my rings, I'm clearly not the only one affected by this issue!

The only thing that I could possibly have had 2 of that I shouldn't have is milestones. I don't look to see if I have them or not before rolling on them, so yes it was possible that I did have a duplicate. I really can't say that I did or didn't, because I never looked. I usually just check them every few days and then go put them all down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    You either like the game or you don't. If you are hanging around because you feel like I am stringing you along with false promises, don't.

I think I got two flints in ROF on my PoM. Normally I click a few times on the quest dialogue of that guy and get a flint at some point. I shouldn't get any additional ones even if I click too many times, because it's a "can only have one" item. Last time I checked I had two on my PoM.
    Defon (Guard)
    Nejoo (Guard) Areana (DT) Willamus (Conq)
    Ichkruchka (Demo) Defina (Necro) Defhid (HoX)
    Sagittaa (Ranger) Phaictan (Sin) Alunn (Barb)
    Defure (BS) Deforia (PoM) Nutiaret (ToS)

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    Guys, I have just had a meeting with the DBA to get a handle on exactly what has happened, why and what the procedure for fixing it is.

This was a fix (not a patch but a database script) for the duplicate items bug that we saw after the merge. The fix was unfortunately a bit too aggressive and deleted some items from players who should legitimately have them.

There is, however, no way to miraculously restore those items perfectly, because there were many people with duplicates and many of those items were being used to exploit.

If any of your characters are missing items, you will need to submit a petition to the GMs who will be able to return the missing items. We will need to process this manually and I apologise that there will be some delays as the queue for GM support will be longer than usual.

Finally, I'd like to stress that this affects a relatively small percentage of the population. We should be able to clear this up quickly with a little patience and perseverance.

Sincere apologies to anyone and everyone this affects. We are reviewing how this went wrong and updating the operating procedures accordingly.

I'm sorry but this is really unacceptable. Small percentage of population? More than 50% of the people I know in game have multiple toons with missing items. Basically, anyone who did any k6 and happened to pick up a duplicate symbol is screwed.

What I'm worried about now is all the people saying, 'HAHA I'm going to say I had X Y and Z item that I didn't actually have.' How are your GMs supposed to handle that? Something tells me they don't all have the records to confirm every single item.

I also don't remember everything I had. What about symbols? I of course don't remember each one of them. What about quest items? UNBELIEVABLE funcom. Sad to say but that employee who decided to ninja in that database fix most likely cost the company many subs.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

And whats the big deal with 2 BB rings? It still cost 98 rares, 14 G and whatever MoAs. Its not like you got it for free. Hardly game breaking, the AoK ring is basically the same. This is in the top 5 biggest screwups of the game in the 5+ year history.
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

Quote Originally Posted by tman1991 View Post
    This is in the top 5 biggest screwups of the game in the 5+ year history.
    definitely!! first of all, it was fc mistake to enable people to get more copies of the "can only get one" items, then they made an even bigger mistake deleting items from people that acquired them rightfully... and that right after the merge that was supposed to revive the game.... i'm speechless....
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    i lost my rings too, i lost t4 ring also,
    Look already someone trying to jip the system. T4 rings are not 'can only have one'and therefore no way they are gone... unless your issue is missing bag which you didn't specify.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast