Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AA for PVP

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    It's magic damage modifier that affect reckoning damage, not magic damage bonus. Works the same as sin's detonation.
    30% magic damage modifier turns 150 damage (def. stance) to 1000+(frenzy)? rly basic maths )

Sin does like huge dmg in lotus spec compared to avatar spec,

why would lotus give 20% magid dmg modifer if it dont work on ablities like dart, FS, bomb

People saying only CR affects them but this needs testing out with man ablities like this not just with sin /gaurd

how about barb atg? its spell, or ablity cant use it on sin lotusoverload shield, so does that dmg come only from cR?
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Kandur View Post
    30% magic damage modifier turns 150 damage (def. stance) to 1000+(frenzy)? rly basic maths )
    More like 250 dmg in def stance (-10% damage penality) to 1100 in frenzy (+30% magic damage modifier). And how much is the spell damage multiplier for this ?
    I don't think only +50% weapon damage from Frenzy have so much impact on Reckoning damage. If so, why Reckoning damage is not skyrocketting with Full vengeance stack + volcanic rage ?

Reckoning is spell that's why it can be silenced and resisted by immunity, but it's physical damaging spell so damage depends on combat rating and weapon damage. The fact reckoning does much more damage in frenzy depends only on itself reckoning mechanics, but not on magic damage from frenzy stance. System just checking ur stance and that's it.
    Was tested long time ago. Bi need more tests or proofs.

But what i said is +Magic damage MODIFIER is not +magic damage bonus.

Frenzy stance does not add any magic damage. It takes the base damage spell/spell coeff and artifically augment the numbers from it, or something like that. Being it physical damaging spell or unholy or electrical doesn't change it, like you said, it's a spell so this base damage modifier modify it.

However, i admit it's kinda confusing (misty mechanics even tho actual devs doesn't have any precise idea), but like Derled said, Essence Detonation from sin works the same : damage depend of %weapon damage (sure) cr (not sure or by little amount ?) and Magic damage modifier. Pretty sure it's the same with ATG and OLP, but we can't have any +magic damage modifier on barb to test it.

You should try to understand differance from spell and magic, coz not any spell is magic.
    If you want to be sure compare reckoning with prime initiative which is same physical spell as reckoning, but frenzy increases PI damage much less noticeable like it works with reckoning.

And yeah you can't compare reckoning with detonation, coz detonation is unholy, which is magical damage. If you want to compare it you should compare with face stab which is physical.
    Last edited by Kandur; 24th April 2014 at 07:59.

Don't be misguided by the color or taste of the damage done.

barbs atg can be measured if it relies on magic damage - just wield ibis sword with bels mirth gem then proc it on target and test if deals more damage or not - i know it does

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    Don't be misguided by the color or taste of the damage done.
    Okay mate, you can stay on your misconceptions =)
    I just playing guardian almost scince relise and i remember times when guardian have not suck ability like reckoning at all. And i remember patch notes with reckoning mechanic explanation.
    Last edited by Kandur; 24th April 2014 at 13:11.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast