Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AA for PVP

From the little PVP I do I found Counterweight + Master at Arms to be the most effective AA:s to use.
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Anatu View Post
    Counterwieght with deliberate reprisal is my favorite

Deliberate reprisal offers a hard fast hitting combo WHEN it crits and even if it doesn't you get a great armor buff with added critagation chance.

IMO best PVP perks for Guard
    Deliberate reprisal is not really that fast combo (8 hits are pretty slow) and not that hard hitting to. I would rather hit FA IV for quick dmg combo than that. so i rather use master at arms but if it works for you i guess its o.k.
    So counterweight and either one of these two will do for guard AA.

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    Deliberate reprisal is not really that fast combo (8 hits are pretty slow) and not that hard hitting to. I would rather hit FA IV for quick dmg combo than that. so i rather use master at arms but if it works for you i guess its o.k.
    When having such useless bottom tier perks, it would be nice if we could use a perk from top tier to fill out missing bottom tier perk. IE: have counterweight slotted and be able to put in precise strikes or protection perk. whatever you are not using in top 2 perks. I wish that was possible.

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    it is fast when compared to counterweight

anyways It can hit Hard but like I said when it CRITS...

its more about the buffs then the actual combo anyways

Well the only improvement compared to Guard V is a mere 10% critigation chance which is a waste with pvp gear. If I want the 10% armour buff (that you lose when switching to S&S for CC/debuff) I'd rather have it instantly and Guard V does just that while DR takes a few seconds. CW, SS and FA or even Disable crit way more often so I really wouldn't bother with DR in pvp. But whatever works for you, it's not like champion spirit or master at arms have much of an impact either (well, master at arms makes people with very bad gear miss everything cos of the hit rating debuff )

The "best" perk is definitely STA though cos of how stupidly bugged it is. Man, I used it in a siege vs packs of t4 demos the other day and I felt bad seeing them melt before I was even in melee range... I killed like 3 demos at the same time by myself everytime it was off CD.

I can't lower myself to using this crap anyway but I hate it.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Anatu View Post
    it is fast when compared to counterweight

anyways It can hit Hard but like I said when it CRITS...

its more about the buffs then the actual combo anyways
    Yes it is fast when compared with counterweight, but when CW crits it is really noticable
    Anyway if i ever need armor buff i use guard V, and if i want quick combo i use FA IV which crits roughly similar dmg to DR and its way faster. but mostly sticking to ss, cw, fa VIII and IV and disable and very rarely using guard V. Also trow guard destroyer here and there.

@Kalston i use STA very rare, not in long time in fact. but did it in one mini vs 3 sins and 1 demo and it was fun to watch silly dmg i did in seconds on 4 of them. demo died, i finished 1 sin off and 2 manage to run with low health, but ranger from my team finished one. It is in dire need of nerf for pvp
    Last edited by viroku; 14th November 2013 at 22:25.

Any of you guys had try or use precise attacks on guard? Is it noticeable ?
    Шторм-кнут

I don't see a lot of talk about which tier 1 perks to slot -
    Are most Guards going for Decisive / Pressing, simply because it can be used in PvP and PvE?

Has anyone fooled around with something like Decisive / Field of War?

Quote Originally Posted by UrZhu View Post
    I don't see a lot of talk about which tier 1 perks to slot -
    Are most Guards going for Decisive / Pressing, simply because it can be used in PvP and PvE?

Has anyone fooled around with something like Decisive / Field of War?
    Field of War is only good for magic damage, it's completely wasted on classes like Guards or Barbs.

Chromatic/DS for mage gang bangs, DS/PS for everything else.

If you really want to be funny take the constitution buff and the t2 5% constitution buff and amaze everyone with 20k health. You won't kill anything but 20k health is lols.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Field of War is only good for magic damage, it's completely wasted on classes like Guards or Barbs.
    thanks for responding, but i am confused -
    Why is Field of War only good for magic damage?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast