Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Does funcom care about balanced classes?

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardus View Post
    Hilarious , seriously when transfers open pay a visit to fury to see how great you do in pvp =), and if you can say the same about class balance after.
    To be fair to him, there's a lot of trash tos and melee players on crom, so obvie his vies are skewed.

I dont see any reason to take hox, sin, barb for example in mini when conq do it all, want sin? why not just take heavy armor carnage conq with op Charge kb? or then just brute one ..

take hox in premaid? im sure it gets two shotted by mages / pom

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    take hox in premaid? im sure it gets two shotted by mages / pom
    Conqueror is a broken class, and everyone would pick it over anything, it seems; but at least they do not get as many kills.
    If you have an assassin, a ToS, a HoX, necromancer, conquerors in the other team, whom would you target first?

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardus View Post
    see how great you do in pvp =), and if you can say the same about class balance after.
    I have nothing to hide, and I have to be honest with others by showing my K/D: I am not good in PVP. I cannot even get DPS as high as other HoXes in our raids or groups. I feel that I have something to learn after each day of PVP or PVE; and I really enjoy how great PVP in this game is!
    On Crom, it was possible to get and maintain a not-so-bad starter K/D (around 0.5) for a fresh new HoX without AAs, in culture gear (tested it from a friend's account).

Anyway, Fury will be merged with Crom soon anyway. I am sure that Fury PVP players will teach Cromites a lot of lessons, especially at low-level minigames

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    I dont like to put people down but if you dont have much knowledge about something than you should not really discuss it
    It is my subjective perception. I agree that others see it differently.
    Why did I mention ToS? Three reasons: level 40-59 minigames, duels, and parsers in raids and groups (the PvE aspect; but you cannot balance PVP without PVE here, it seems). Fighting against ToSes felt a bit better before the latest revamp.
    Check these messages from others about ToS for more thoughts:
    http://forums-us.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=240571

To judge the balance as a whole, one must master every class, which is nigh to impossible (and you demand that people be silent if they do not have much knowledge - most of us do not possess it).

BS? Their damage became better, which is absolutely fine. Operating defensive values within really small (not Funcom's) increments may help the balance.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleroy
    I want you to play a tos in a few premades, then repost this, but for now, this is the worst suggestion.
    I may change my opinion on ToSes, yes. It takes a lot of time for me to learn the basics of a class, but I shall try it as soon as I level my ToS up! Now, I am levelling up my barbarian slowly for PVP.

Overall, people seem to agree on two classes: Conquerors and PoMs. Would a rollback to the previous pre-revamped state help?

P.S. For me, reading others' constructive opinions and testing the pointed out weaknesses and strengths is a way to reform and mold a new thought on overall balance. JinDjw and viroku said some valid (for me) points about classes and balance.

The worst imbalance in the game is the ping... For those with higher pings, shields act up when they move them, refusing to change. Their spells and combos hiccup, and rogues teleport around them.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 26th September 2013 at 05:16.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

I wouldn't say PoMs are that op... Sure, we do have crapton of great tools but in the end, we're squishy class. I could count many times when I felt like a god obliterating few casters/rogues only to get 2 shotted few secs later. And our burst is only viable in almost melee range so everyone instantly goes after you.

What I would like to see is conq toned down a bit... Or soldiers in general. It's those times when I see whole team focus on conq for few seconds only for him to pop shield after getting low and casualy walk away when I just want to stop pvping cause that's freaking ridiculous
    Valianoris - 80lvl Priest of Mitra
    Aelfronear - 80lvl Dark Templar

This lead to nothing more than "my class isn't op but this one needs a nerf". I don't think anything constructive will come from that thread, and anyway, when was the last time Funcom have considered class tweakings for the goal of balance/nerfing ? (revamps doesn't count)

Pretty much never...and I don't see any more revamps/tweaks happening at all. I say we should be happy to even get crafting and pvp rework one day.
    Valianoris - 80lvl Priest of Mitra
    Aelfronear - 80lvl Dark Templar

yep, crafting and unchained pvp is the best we can expect. Btw, i don't really understand this sentence from last GD letter :

Unchained PvP is the new minigame mode that I have mentioned in the past where we are aiming to even out the stats for all classes and make skill be the deciding factor over gear
    From the french translation of the letter, it means that they will balance stats of gear (not sure though, it's rather ambiguous). But nobody in the pvp community noticed it cause they focused on the great Hyborian race hype. So, according to you, can we expect a stat rebalance of PvP gear ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    yep, crafting and unchained pvp is the best we can expect. Btw, i don't really understand this sentence from last GD letter :

From the french translation of the letter, it means that they will balance stats of gear (not sure though, it's rather ambiguous). But nobody in the pvp community noticed it cause they focused on the great Hyborian race hype. So, according to you, can we expect a stat rebalance of PvP gear ?
    I believe he's talking about balancing stuff in the context of Unchained minis only, where all of this is set.
    In our current regular minis, where you can custom your gear any way you want, I don't see that happening.
    Last edited by Ieronon; 26th September 2013 at 12:33.
    -- Ieronon, QQror --
    -- Deutter, holy potato --

Quote Originally Posted by Ieronon View Post
    I believe he's talking about balancing stuff in the context of Unchained minis only, where all of this is set.
    In our current regular minis, where you can custom your gear any way you want, I don't see that happening.
    actualy, thing with using quotes is you loose perpective of full context.

Unchained PvP is the new minigame mode that I have mentioned in the past where we are aiming to even out the stats for all classes and make skill be the deciding factor over gear. It’s an ambitious undertaking, trying to put the classes on an even keel, and it seems likely that we will have to choose a single ruleset to enable with this feature first.
    what i interpret from this brief statement is
    unchained minigames will be only minigames available and they will choose 1 server to have this first, also they seem to have plans of revamping pvp gear for those unchained minigames.

personaly i wish they dont stop at unchained minigames every single place where pvp is enabled should have forced upon players some sort of default pvp gear, its only reasonable way to after that try and determine acurately wich class skills/abilities/spells/combos need to be adjusted.
    although i have pretty strong conviction wich abilities need adjustment already could be that some of them with gear/weapon adjustment loose its uneven status.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910