Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I like to "VENT"

Mostly, I like to Vent as well (though I'd rather Teamspeak, but still ...). A few days ago, I did a Yag loop with some people from Rogue Angels. It was all silent, even in Cavern (on Mitra, there were people who thought it outright impossible to do emotions without someone calling them out loud) and it worked. Still I was glad when they invited me to their Vent server. They turned out to be very nice people and they were patient with me, even though I had some troubles setting up the whole Vent-thing and was struggeling with the english language.

So, for me, the reasons to Vent/TS are mainly a social thing, like Boesch already said.
    Defon (Guard)
    Nejoo (Guard) Areana (DT) Willamus (Conq)
    Ichkruchka (Demo) Defina (Necro) Defhid (HoX)
    Sagittaa (Ranger) Phaictan (Sin) Alunn (Barb)
    Defure (BS) Deforia (PoM) Nutiaret (ToS)

Whenever we use voice communication in malice, we always say different emotes to people so they get confused. For example when we said both tank had to sit at the same time!

I've been playing to this game more than a year and I've never been in a T1 raid with voice. And the only 3 or 4 T2 pugs(w3HM) with voice so... I cant see the point of mandatory vent in t2 or t1.

Maybe former US server people don't know that but there are a lot of people who comes from EU servers that doesn't understand English enough well to be listen you in a voice chat but he can manage perfectly with the raid chat. And if you make ventrilo a must for your pugs they wont sing to it and you will loose a good player who knows exactly what to do in T2. And in T3 I think the only boss where voice chat makes a difference is at the first one of down floor.
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

Honestly guys, T1s/hms with voice are hilarious...especially if you have raid full of new chars, new players or drunks ofc you can even go as far as doing lower t3 without voice, that's fun to...especially if you have few people new to the instance and they do some stupid sh*t like openning gyas box while we're looting
    Valianoris - 80lvl Priest of Mitra
    Aelfronear - 80lvl Dark Templar

Quote Originally Posted by xiulo88 View Post
    ... And in T3 I think the only boss where voice chat makes a difference is at the first one of down floor.
    So if they won't understand in vent during a T1 or T2 ~ why would those people suddenly understand English and join vent for T3 as you state above ~ ?
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    So if they won't understand in vent during a T1 or T2 ~ why would those people suddenly understand English and join vent for T3 as you state above ~ ?
    They don't understand but join to t3 anyway because is the only option but in t2 or t1 they dont have to. If you never been in a t3 where is clear a player doesn't understand the commands... It means you're new in crom
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

Only americans need voip. I've started a few pugs since merge without voip, all EU folks stayed in raid and most americans left the raid or wiped everyone because they cant concentrate and read chat at the same time.

Same with Khitai HM's........
    Br,
    Roevhalt

I like voice comm, even as an euro... It's just more fun

But yeah, most of the dungeons are fairly straightforward so no need to voice chat if you're just pugging. Same goes for t1 or t2(though I would say t2 is much easier with voice)
    Valianoris - 80lvl Priest of Mitra
    Aelfronear - 80lvl Dark Templar

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123