Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I like to "VENT"

Default I like to "VENT"

Hope this finds you all well

Common' folks ! NOT using voice-Comms while trying to coordinate T2/3 raids is asking for trouble.

Please post in your PUGs whether or not your going to use ventrillo (or another prog) in Global so we don't waste our time.

Thank You
    Last edited by Mustaine; 16th September 2013 at 00:26.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Kind of feel the same way, also the social element is really lacking when it's just silence...

People raid without voice chat now? When did that happen?
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

Quote Originally Posted by Petridish View Post
    People raid without voice chat now? When did that happen?
    Been going on since Merge ~

I've been to 4-separate PuG raids that have denied using voice programs ; ALL 4 failed miserably

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

People raid on Fury t1 and t2 always without voice chat.
    I found it damn funny that on Crom you needed voice chat on t1 or you got kicked from raid, pug raids mainly

t3 and t4 sure needs voice chat and some harder dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by JinDjw View Post
    People raid on Fury t1 and t2 always without voice chat.
    I found it damn funny that on Crom you needed voice chat on t1 or you got kicked from raid, pug raids mainly

t3 and t4 sure needs voice chat and some harder dungeons.
    Well, perhaps, you're not taking into account the large number of new players that come to the game. I suspect you're also not grasping that T1 dungeons are new to a great number of those players.

/salute FURY ~ good on yah

If you bother to read my post you'll see that all I'm asking for is for the PuGs in Global to state vent or no vent . Simple.

Actually never saw a T1 raid on Crom with vent/ts/mumble mandatory. Most of the lead for T2 pug don't require it either, but often strongly encourage it when new people are doing stupid stuff in fight like against Yaremka or something.

But even if it was, I don't see the problem. It's usually more fun and more efficient, so why the heck not ?

Fun is argueable, but it can definitely make things more efficient and actually some encounters might require it (does not matter, if you personally think it is good or bad to design things around a third party tool). Still there are drawbacks:

- It is a tool not everyone can use and thus divides the population (people without micros, people playing without headset, people hard of hearing or mute)
    - If used people tend to rather grumble, mumble and shout over vent rather than type a few clarifying words, but always assume they are understood perfectly
    - it tends to create a "follow the leader" atmosphere instead of creating an atmosphere in which people can understand and learn the mechanics (as in explained tactics up front and then trying to adjust in fight, analysing what went wrong and good and what to improve)

But i definitely agree with the OP, that you should not assume things and simply avoid drama and confusion by simply adding a "vent/ts required" or "no vent/ts required" or even "vent required, no micro needed" etc.. It is a matter of respect and fairness simply.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    Hope this finds you all well

Common' folks ! NOT using voice-Comms while trying to coordinate T2/3 raids is asking for trouble.

Please post in your PUGs whether or not your going to use ventrillo (or another prog) in Global so we don't waste our time.

Thank You
    Been in 3 pug T2s no vent - fun and were fine.

I prefer not to use vent.

People can read, therefor people can understand instructions via raid chat / script.

What part of the raids you were in failed?

I've never been in a t1/t2 raid (except w3 hm) where they did use voice communication. It's fun when people get together and talk when killing boring trash mobs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast