Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why does upheaval butcher do 50% more damage than cyclone

Can the ranger trigger as much heal as you in the same time? Guess not. Again ppl refering things without taking other abilities into account, which balance out damage differences for example.

Huh?! It's typically 1 bloodrage stack (tiny, unnoticable hp if that is the 1st...) that triggers in an Upheavel animation, and one more IF I have Without Warning in the perk bar, at the end. Unfortunately nothing to take into consideration here (well, there is, the Upheavel dot that is going to run after, but the ranger will have a similar dot applied too at the same time, so it evens out here), barbarian zerker dps is rock bottom.

With Butcher IX OR Upheavel 1-4 it is even worse, it's a nightmare to pvp with.

I remember that barb had the advantage of being a cc class when various levels of knockbacks were calculated against the armor type, zerker barb is an ancient class from that era. Unfortunately now everyone has a trillion of cc's (barb actually have less cc type now than a sin for example) and dps-wise, zerker barb was always subpar. Now it's subpar on every front.

the fight is over after one combo of each opponent? Oo Sorry, my barb is pvp6 and zerker and i do faboulus with it. clothie are a piece of cake most of the time soldiers are all to handle well and rouges is who crits first, wins. i did fats on sins with 50% hp left with upheaval, the damage is massive when it crits, especially with the damage buffs running, decap is fast and crits over 3k.

Really, i cant see your point. Yeah damage isnt as high as for other classes, but even healer cant heal better then a barb (when he knows how to handle its stacks), no other class is overall this fast as a barb (speedbuff is "on" nearly all the time) and he does have a lot of fast cc.

the trade in for a little less damage then other classes are a lot of really nice abilities.
    Last edited by Zatochi; 19th September 2013 at 11:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Ythor View Post
    Huh?! It's typically 1 bloodrage stack (tiny, unnoticable hp if that is the 1st...) that triggers in an Upheavel animation, and one more IF I have Without Warning in the perk bar, at the end. Unfortunately nothing to take into consideration here (well, there is, the Upheavel dot that is going to run after, but the ranger will have a similar dot applied too at the same time, so it evens out here), barbarian zerker dps is rock bottom.

With Butcher IX OR Upheavel 1-4 it is even worse, it's a nightmare to pvp with.

I remember that barb had the advantage of being a cc class when various levels of knockbacks were calculated against the armor type, zerker barb is an ancient class from that era. Unfortunately now everyone has a trillion of cc's (barb actually have less cc type now than a sin for example) and dps-wise, zerker barb was always subpar. Now it's subpar on every front.
    I really have zero issues as zerker barb vs ranger (and many other classes), and i do quite decent dmg in pvp hyrk mix.
    Btw there are no upheaval 1-4, its just 1 aa combo and i for sure have no complaint about dmg it does. If it crits it devastate cloth or up to medium armor users. And i really dont know where did you come up with 250 dmg per hit on upheaval.
    Put on top all this barb survivability, speed buf, cc, anti cc and you have one solid class and deadly in good hands...

Then maybe I'm playing on an Aeria server because we are not playing the same game for sure....

Quote Originally Posted by Ythor View Post
    Then maybe I'm playing on an Aeria server because we are not playing the same game for sure....
    Im not some uber barb but i think im decent one, if you are on fury send me pm and we can practice and duel so you can see barb is not all that doom and gloom

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    Well just no. Thats just wrong. its not terrible. Its actually quite balanced. In pve you can do nearly as much as reaver and in pvp it fits well with the high heal and survibility.
    on PvE group its not true, i do "twice" the damage on reaver side than zerker
    on PvE solo and PvP is more balanced, because of the healing factor+damage, meaning if barb is healing he shouldn't damage as much damage as reaver or else becomes overpowered (anyone plays conq? )
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;

Quote Originally Posted by PutchPT View Post
    on PvE group its not true, i do "twice" the damage on reaver side than zerker
    on PvE solo and PvP is more balanced, because of the healing factor+damage, meaning if barb is healing he shouldn't damage as much damage as reaver or else becomes overpowered (anyone plays conq? )
    Huum, zerker in pve can do almost the same as reaver thanks to the weapon damage buffs. It's certainly not "half" as much as reaver.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Actually it's something like 20% less, with tri-feat tree build

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    the fight is over after one combo of each opponent? Oo Sorry, my barb is pvp6 and zerker and i do faboulus with it. clothie are a piece of cake most of the time soldiers are all to handle well and rouges is who crits first, wins. i did fats on sins with 50% hp left with upheaval, the damage is massive when it crits, especially with the damage buffs running, decap is fast and crits over 3k.

Really, i cant see your point. Yeah damage isnt as high as for other classes, but even healer cant heal better then a barb (when he knows how to handle its stacks), no other class is overall this fast as a barb (speedbuff is "on" nearly all the time) and he does have a lot of fast cc.

the trade in for a little less damage then other classes are a lot of really nice abilities.
    One could not say anything better about barbarians, one of the strongest killers in PVP classes!
    Barbarians can not only heal themselves, deal high damage really quickly (Butchers take 20-30% of my health); they can also CC and run away as no one else.
    Fighting a barbarian with a two-handed sword can be a nightmare in PVP, especially with a healer on the opposite side.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast