Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why does upheaval butcher do 50% more damage than cyclone

Default Why does upheaval butcher do 50% more damage than cyclone

I tested it and timed it.
    butcher combo does as much as cyclone combo (version of upheval)

and butcher combo takes 2 sec while cyclone combo takes 3 sec.

Why doesn't funcom fix the cyclone version so that it takes 2 sec too?

only good thing about cyclone version is that when you get reaver stacks you get 15% crit rating (IF YOU GET STACKS), still 15% isn't 50%.

Lastly 3 sec is long enough for a sin to kill me with sins of the flesh if it crits (which is even shorter) to put into comparison)

Quote Originally Posted by throughthedoor View Post

only good thing about cyclone version is that when you get reaver stacks you get 15% crit rating (IF YOU GET STACKS), still 15% isn't 50%.

Lastly 3 sec is long enough for a sin to kill me with sins of the flesh if it crits (which is even shorter) to put into comparison)
    Thats why most experienced pvp barbs use lower ranking combos for quickness and speed. Upheval is bad for pvp, great for Pve.

Default slow?

2 sec isn't bad (upheaval butcher) and finishing attack is 3.6k with rank 4 and 350dps

but funcom needs to really fix the cyclone version

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeball View Post
    Thats why most experienced pvp barbs use lower ranking combos for quickness and speed. Upheval is bad for pvp, great for Pve.
    This was true during combo skipping era, now most zerker barbs use butcher IX, staggering blow, upheaval and even butcher x sometimes but rarely

yeah just forget about the fact that you can use a lot more "power ups" with cyclone then with butcher combo. if cyclone would do as much damage on a regular basis like butcher, armagedon falls, impale and dance with dead need to be nerfed otherwise the damage would be way to high. truth is, cyclone is balanced to be used with those skills and thats way its "base" damage is not as high as butcher, which cant be used as effectivly as cyclone with those skills.

Cool

Why are you comparing barb and sin, barb got highest mobility in game, top 3 best cc's and aoe dmg combos, sin in the other hand is single target glass cannon. if barb dmg on single target would be same as sin it would be ridicilous, and if u use reaver, ur combos might not do the trick, but feated buffs will

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    yeah just forget about the fact that you can use a lot more "power ups" with cyclone then with butcher combo. if cyclone would do as much damage on a regular basis like butcher, armagedon falls, impale and dance with dead need to be nerfed otherwise the damage would be way to high. truth is, cyclone is balanced to be used with those skills and thats way its "base" damage is not as high as butcher, which cant be used as effectivly as cyclone with those skills.
    all said
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;

Default i am a reaver barb

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    Why are you comparing barb and sin, barb got highest mobility in game, top 3 best cc's and aoe dmg combos, sin in the other hand is single target glass cannon. if barb dmg on single target would be same as sin it would be ridicilous, and if u use reaver, ur combos might not do the trick, but feated buffs will
    I am a reaver barb, sin has more damage (buffs last for only 10 sec & if i am cc'd during it i am screwed until another min comes) also i have the WORST CC. I have one kb and one slow stun that last for 3 sec and i have to switch weapons to do it which makes it very obvious (so dueler can counter)
    btw, zerker barb has terrible damage.

btw, zerker barb has terrible damage.
    Well just no. Thats just wrong. its not terrible. Its actually quite balanced. In pve you can do nearly as much as reaver and in pvp it fits well with the high heal and survibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    Well just no. Thats just wrong. its not terrible. Its actually quite balanced. In pve you can do nearly as much as reaver and in pvp it fits well with the high heal and survibility.
    It's actually quite terrible. My Upheavel 5 with (T3 conq sword) hits a similar pvp 6 ranger for 250 damage per hit, while his Penetrating Shot (in melee!!) hits me for 1.800-2.000 damage without crit, in half the time my Upheavel combo plays. So yes, it is extremely terrible, lowest of all the classes a I play.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast