Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Common minigame rules! Updated 16.9

this is the fundamental difference between the way pvpers play and pvers.
    It happens all the time where one team runs the first flag in to cap while the other five players get killed 5vs6 then camps the flag at the pad in the vain hope of maybe dropping the better teams flag and capping again while the rest of the team gets destroyed repeatedly trying to kill the flag carrier.
    Where as pvpers will fight it out till one teams gets the upper hand then caps out once they are broken and demoralized.
    Personally i prefer to be on the losing team farming the other flag bots then winning with one cap and 20 deaths....

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    Wheres the problem? Sins are excellent flag carriers with their speed. so why are you complaining? speed buff and run...
    the problem is on first flag my 5 team mates where chasing kills only....opponent team had already taken flag and where heading to cap.Although i write it down none went to take the flag or interrupt opponent flag carrier.
    I know Sin can stealth take the flag and use speed buff for quick cap m8.
    The point is the objective and to win the mini game.
    If u have 3 soldiers in team the 1 of them should focus on flag till opponent give up or they all def and Sin need to ninja flag for quick cap.
    Eaglesheart

Quote Originally Posted by Osireis View Post
    this is the fundamental difference between the way pvpers play and pvers.
    It happens all the time where one team runs the first flag in to cap while the other five players get killed 5vs6 then camps the flag at the pad in the vain hope of maybe dropping the better teams flag and capping again while the rest of the team gets destroyed repeatedly trying to kill the flag carrier.
    Where as pvpers will fight it out till one teams gets the upper hand then caps out once they are broken and demoralized.
    Personally i prefer to be on the losing team farming the other flag bots then winning with one cap and 20 deaths....
    Winning with 20+ deaths is in no way a win...the amount of PvP exp you have out to the losing team makes the loss worth it as they lost very little exp with that amount of kills. Many games I know will be a loss I end up staying because I can get my PvP exp on kills...
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Winning with 20+ deaths is in no way a win...the amount of PvP exp you have out to the losing team makes the loss worth it as they lost very little exp with that amount of kills. Many games I know will be a loss I end up staying because I can get my PvP exp on kills...
    Why bother thinking about the XP others will win ? If you're in the team losing on kills it's rare you'll manage to reverse the course of the match so if you can win on flag it's worth it.

Or of course you can do like most players do and just leave the losing team and hope to be in the winning one next time.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    Why bother thinking about the XP others will win ? If you're in the team losing on kills it's rare you'll manage to reverse the course of the match so if you can win on flag it's worth it.

Or of course you can do like most players do and just leave the losing team and hope to be in the winning one next time.
    leave and try to log back with fotm maxed AA T4 pvp 10 toon seems to be best line, if u don't get back that one u can just join another one..

Why would you want to make it easy for someone to level? When I play a game I do so to better my account, not someone else's. Besides, I'm not going to be farmed out going for objectives...ill fight a loss and make the other team pay for every inch of ground and let objectives be fvcked.

Unless it ends in hardcore pad camping then I just leave, no reason to die 40 times getting pad camped especially when down on players.
    Doomsayer 2008

this is such a terrible way to play basically what your saying is if a army took a city but lost 200000 men they still won but not sure anyone would say it was worth it....

this is such a terrible way to play basically what your saying is if a army took a city but lost 200000 men they still won but not sure anyone would say it was worth it....
    When you have an unlimited amount of soldiers in your army (here : rezzes) then "losing" 200000 men is not a big deal, not as big as failing to take the city.
    It's even somehow rewarding : you "outsmarted" a team of people that are better at killing stuff than you (even though at this level you can't really call that "smarts")
    Last edited by Ieronon; 17th September 2013 at 14:55.
    -- Ieronon, QQror --
    -- Deutter, holy potato --

This is game, if getting killed hurt you that much dont play pvp. I always try to win game if it is possible and dont care if i will die in the process (i still have very good kd ratio on my chars), only when i see that team is total garbage and nobody is assisting nobody than i wont do nothing for them and leave

That's what you call a Pyrrhic victory, but in some video games (including this one) we just respawn after dying so it's "worth it" if you want to win and not polish your stats.

And yea, I die for the objectives and still keep positive k/d and w/l for that matter.
    Last edited by kalston; 17th September 2013 at 14:53.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast