Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Common minigame rules! Updated 16.9

I join, I hide, YOU get me win and PvP XP

Thank You

/signed Useless (PvP-7)
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Good to see so many people reading this thread instead of posting crap troll posts. Maybe minis will improve in few months after people have learned right way to play minis

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    Fury trained RUSSIAN soldiers have always been strong and fun to play with, russians who mowed to fury due to merge was actullay hiding in TT also like 24/7, but they dont do that anymore cause they are fury trained atm =)

now americans you are on fury and u do mini games like fury wants or u are totally usless and get lot of hate in ur ass (this will decrease your e-peen size)
    hehe, I still remember the horrors right after RU/PL merge, when I wanted a fast TT minigame to fill my 5 minutes of free time and it turned into 20 min long chaotic team deathmatch in the center of the map, when I´ve had no control of the end result at all and if at least half of one of the teams knew what to do, it was auto-win for that side.
    aka Morte.. Morce.. Morte.. Morce again.. bah, whatever..

Quote Originally Posted by JinDjw View Post
    Good to see so many people reading this thread instead of posting crap troll posts. Maybe minis will improve in few months after people have learned right way to play minis
    not to be negative here but in your dreams m8 :P .
    On Crom its the same thing....all the new people that came they just chasing kills all over the mini....Yesterday we had 3 soldiers 1 BS and 1 ranger in team and none of them went for flag...and i took it as Sin.
    The only good thing is that minies pop more often now.
    Eaglesheart

US side definitely had their share of Kill-wh*res. I'm used to be the flagbot, both because of class, because few others would do it, and because it was how I could best support my team while learning the ropes (yes, I'm still learning). It used to be a position most other PvPers were derisive of; even your own teammates; even those who'd pop into hide as soon as they got their posteriors qwned more than once.

On Set I was used to having back-up 10% of the time. After the merge it's like 30% which is quite the improvement, but still room for more.

I find this whole post insulting, because after a few days of minis I find an equal amount of trash if not more on the EU side.

Ranged classes need to cap? So if the other side does not care about winning or capping your leaving 3 people without any melee support to fight it out 3v6 while the tanks, barbs, and sins get the win and not a single death by totem zerging? That's not PvP either. If it's obvious the other team is not trying to PvE you or have no game plan you don't need to send 3 clothies into a 2:1 fight.

I agree with telling new players how to PvP, you should move this to the newcomers forum, because odds are if someone has been playing AoC for more than a year and still does not understand how to help win a mini, they never will. This is basically an "American's are not only trash but stupid post"

*And BTW, most of the "American's" you are referring to are not Americans, you forget US servers included: US, Canadians, Brazilians, Koreans, Mexicans, Aussies/Kiwi's, ect...
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Argantes View Post
    hehe, I still remember the horrors right after RU/PL merge, when I wanted a fast TT minigame to fill my 5 minutes of free time and it turned into 20 min long chaotic team deathmatch in the center of the map, when I´ve had no control of the end result at all and if at least half of one of the teams knew what to do, it was auto-win for that side.
    Hehe, that was our thing - on PL/RU servers we had only one mini that would popup regularly and it was TT. We always killed each other until one side gave up and stayed on resp, that was signal for totem smashing. I still remember the look on Fury's player faces when we showed them our "tactics" for TT, it was priceless.

@Suctum

The point is USUALLY both teams follow these rules. It hardly happens that 6 go for cappers, because it just means losing mini.

Some people need a little guidance. If this guide learnt at least one new player how to do it Fury style than it was worth writing.

at the end of the day theres no deathmatch mini so i make the cap flag ruleset my deathmatch mini, qq to FC instead of the players for not giving us enough diversity in game modes

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    I find this whole post insulting, because after a few days of minis I find an equal amount of trash if not more on the EU side.

Ranged classes need to cap? So if the other side does not care about winning or capping your leaving 3 people without any melee support to fight it out 3v6 while the tanks, barbs, and sins get the win and not a single death by totem zerging? That's not PvP either. If it's obvious the other team is not trying to PvE you or have no game plan you don't need to send 3 clothies into a 2:1 fight.

I agree with telling new players how to PvP, you should move this to the newcomers forum, because odds are if someone has been playing AoC for more than a year and still does not understand how to help win a mini, they never will. This is basically an "American's are not only trash but stupid post"

*And BTW, most of the "American's" you are referring to are not Americans, you forget US servers included: US, Canadians, Brazilians, Koreans, Mexicans, Aussies/Kiwi's, ect...
    You can't take these threads and most post in global seriously. It is a "us and them" thing probably for certain people.

For example i remember the outcry and insults that came when the spanish rp-pvp server was merged into Aquilonia. Weeks of more than usual "noobs! l2p!" and drama followed, if people did not play as the former big bosses seemed valid.

Then the french merged...then the eastern europeans...then fury and now america.

Just replace "american" with a word of your choosing...always the same "arguments".

Usually the provocations die out in a few weeks and even the playstyles get merged.

Still the real serious problem here is the latency...and unless funcom is going to expand servers again (at least for pvp), it will only get worse (either more players and worse gameplay or less players and less minis and gaming overall).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 17th September 2013 at 11:31.

Quote Originally Posted by 2feet View Post
    not to be negative here but in your dreams m8 :P .
    On Crom its the same thing....all the new people that came they just chasing kills all over the mini....Yesterday we had 3 soldiers 1 BS and 1 ranger in team and none of them went for flag...and i took it as Sin.
    The only good thing is that minies pop more often now.
    Wheres the problem? Sins are excellent flag carriers with their speed. so why are you complaining? speed buff and run...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast