Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: make jagged cut/bone shatter 1hs dot crit!

Its more middle than end of food chain to be honest. And why people always compare Barb and Sin? They have different play styles and jobs in group. One is supposed to take clothies down fast while other harass group/caster with perma speed and unlimited ccs/breaks

- Best speed
    - Best survival right after soldiers
    - Best group harass ccs
    - Best cc breaks

What more can you need?

Adding more would make class over powered.

Quote Originally Posted by Greshakei View Post
    What kind of demo do you duel with your barb buddy ?
    Did you read what I wrote right after that? If you kb a demo he's pretty much dead. And with EB and the 2 CC breaks it's definitely possible to do that.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

"why dont play as main then"

I aleready told u that barb is my main atm, my pvp 10 sin is only waiting for weekly t4 runs. other time i spend with my barb, and with smaller toons doing maybe 1 js etc..

besides on that video, my batb is t1-t2 geared only t3 conq 1he
    and i were testing dmg on t4 conq, and dmg was not bad at all, sure i can drop him to 50% with two fast combos if i would go full reaver "dmg buffs"
    Last edited by Derled; 8th October 2013 at 06:09.
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusLL View Post
    In 1vs1? I can beat some conqs too, mostly the bad ones. What would this be supposed to prove, though? How often do you find yourself in a 1vs1 in a mini with no outside factor interfering?
    Try playing in one of those minis (more and more frequent) where 8 out of 12 players are using soldiers and on top of that you get "lucky" and get no healers in your group.

I find myself a lot more often in situation 2 rather than 1, so what's the consolation of knowing that for 10 seconds for every hour of PvP I do I can play in a situation in which I don't suck?

Answer me this: if you were to build a premade and you had access to players who can bring toons of any class you want, would you ever pick a barb for one of the 6 slots? And if yes, why? Which tactical role would the barb serve which cant be done better by any other class?
    well i would take barb on premaid because i like its survivality, barb dmg is wery good compraed to its speed etc, AOE combos / cone combos wery usefull aoe stun etc. nothing can run away from barb, but nothing cant catch barb so.

Not only that but barb is free dps / cc. cus there is no melee that can hit teleporting barb, xD
    The Law

Default the parse doesn't lie

the parse doesn't lie

Take about 20 minigames and if you parse all of them I promise you (Jyggernaut not included) that most barbs are at the lower 35%.

Also, if you parse what damage a DT can do in pve while tanking compared to a full out reaver dps barb, the DT in Kati HMs will out dps the barb if both playerskill and gear is equal t3(kati/coils epic) or t4.

Sorry, but 2 CC types, a couple more cc breaks (don't forget dt gets 2 cc breaks)& speed can't cut it when dt has hp taps (remember reaver for same damage) plus the dt has palate armor = less focused fire. (if you parse many minis you will see that the avg dt parses much higher than the avg barb.

If you look at the avg k/d ratio, I promise you that barbs are lower than most classes. Take the avg. statistics. (not the top 10% on what they CAN do, but take what they NORMALLY do)Like some smart people have said.

btw, I used DT as an example because I have one (and it is WAY easier with WAY less limitations)

If you don't believe me, the parse doesn't lie.
    Last edited by throughthedoor; 8th October 2013 at 07:33.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostFromThePast View Post
    Its more middle than end of food chain to be honest. And why people always compare Barb and Sin? They have different play styles and jobs in group. One is supposed to take clothies down fast while other harass group/caster with perma speed and unlimited ccs/breaks

- Best speed
    - Best survival right after soldiers
    - Best group harass ccs
    - Best cc breaks

What more can you need?

Adding more would make class over powered.
    I'm not comparing barb and sin, I'm comparing barb to an other class, and I show you what this class can do with crappy gear.

This thread turns to pathetic, in 2 pages, everybody will say : "yeah yeah for sure, barb is the best class ever". Seriously.

Best speed ? Only if you spec arcane marauder
    Best survival after soldiers ? Really ? more than bubble BS ? Even a ranger, if he runs each time he has troubles, has more survivability than barb.

- Best group ccs ?
    Now you're kidding I guess, do you think barb has better ccs than a POM, conq, ranger ?
    Just to let you know : an hybrid barb has to switch weapons everytime he wants to cc, and he has only 1 aoe cc, with 1min cd, reaver barb has only 2 CC, none aoe.
    Now do you really want to compare with conq, ranger and pom ?

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    Did you read what I wrote right after that? If you kb a demo he's pretty much dead. And with EB and the 2 CC breaks it's definitely possible to do that.
    Ok, any decent demo knows how to double-tap back when a hybrid barb is switching weapons, cause it's like if you were screaming "I'll KB you". And as a zerker barb, kb a demo is not enough to kill him.
    And a decent demo will not use instant kb when EB is running.
    So I have now an idea of which kind of demo you duel.

Well, it seems that you're saying the same thing since 2 weeks : barb is the best class.
    So I'll stop to debate here, I'm looking forward to see you in minis with your barbs guys, maybe you will show me how barb is OP.

barb dont even need to be good to do great,

tbh, like said in other post if i recall right. Im feeling much more usefull in mini than with sin. with both classes i two shot mage, but difference is that with barb i will harm anyone near mage with aoes and dot's / debuffs. and i wont even die because i always have 5% left while arcane marauder saves up my ass

if barb is crap, how the hell my t1-t2 gear manages to top kills in js right after t4 necro who resfarmed and got 48 kills i had only 31-3 and it was pretty even mini, it ended like 290-0

and in the end, im just average world pvp barb who like to gank pinpin and CE
    Last edited by Derled; 8th October 2013 at 09:08.
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    if barb is crap,
    I don't say barb is crappy
    I just never said that barb is crappy etc.
    No need to debate if we don't read each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    barb dont even need to be good to do great,

tbh, like said in other post if i recall right. Im feeling much more usefull in mini than with sin. with both classes i two shot mage, but difference is that with barb i will harm anyone near mage with aoes and dot's / debuffs. and i wont even die because i always have 5% left while arcane marauder saves up my ass

if barb is crap, how the hell my t1-t2 gear manages to top kills in js right after t4 necro who resfarmed and got 48 kills i had only 31-3 and it was pretty even mini, it ended like 290-0

and in the end, im just average world pvp barb who like to gank pinpin and CE
    Getting kills in a JS is based on the players you get. If you get 4 or 5 players who run around killing cappers and stick together it's pretty easy to get kills once the other team gets sh!t on 3 or 4 times and people start to give up. It's really easy to get kills when your rez farming the ones who don't even bother to hide at that point.

Getting top kills in a Sag just means you took advantage of the team you had and were quicker or closer to the bulk of the action to target people, but if you topped kills in pvp 1 armor as a barb I would say it was more to an inbalance in teams and lack of target priority on the other side rather than anything you did.

Most decent sags that are close to being balanced people play smarter and more conservative and the kill count never gets past 15-20 for any one player really. When you see scores of 30+ it means one side is getting farmed, nothing to really brag about.

Oh yeah, barb is pretty much fine if you think of what it has to offer. To compare it to a Sin (which is OP vs. casters) or geared tanks (which are OP against everything)is not really fair because you can't argue a balanced class vs. unbalanced classes.

*And to the person who said it's easy for a Demo to KB a barb, that's pretty much true. But on the other hand the range of the two barb stuns is pretty outrageous so you may be able to stun the demo before the KB.
    Last edited by Suctum; 8th October 2013 at 09:51.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Getting kills in a JS is based on the players you get. If you get 4 or 5 players who run around killing cappers and stick together it's pretty easy to get kills once the other team gets sh!t on 3 or 4 times and people start to give up. It's really easy to get kills when your rez farming the ones who don't even bother to hide at that point.

Getting top kills in a Sag just means you took advantage of the team you had and were quicker or closer to the bulk of the action to target people, but if you topped kills in pvp 1 armor as a barb I would say it was more to an inbalance in teams and lack of target priority on the other side rather than anything you did.

Most decent sags that are close to being balanced people play smarter and more conservative and the kill count never gets past 15-20 for any one player really. When you see scores of 30+ it means one side is getting farmed, nothing to really brag about.

Oh yeah, barb is pretty much fine if you think of what it has to offer. To compare it to a Sin (which is OP vs. casters) or geared tanks (which are OP against everything)is not really fair because you can't argue a balanced class vs. unbalanced classes.

*And to the person who said it's easy for a Demo to KB a barb, that's pretty much true. But on the other hand the range of the two barb stuns is pretty outrageous so you may be able to stun the demo before the KB.
    that who topped kills was in opposite team farming in sw, next one im my team was guardian with 25 kills, etc etc. it was wery balanced teams, thou there were some pvp 1 players who got farmed by that necro ALOT

Only classes need some lowering their ablities are conq / pom, maybe a guard and dt too, other classes need some fixes on broken feats but in overall, they are all fine. but the fact that conq / pom dmg is just supreme and their bubbles / cc's are way too strong
    The Law

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast