Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: make jagged cut/bone shatter 1hs dot crit!

lol

/10 chars
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard View Post
    Reaver needs some tweaks other then that I have no issues with it.
    sever and back in fray, problem solved
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;

If the class "sucks" (which is not correct), and you do not wish to read or understand what others write to you, change to another and enjoy some nasty fatalities and lethal hits from other barbarians in PVP.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

This combo already best barb have, no need to buff it further. Better look at cyclones.

Quote Originally Posted by throughthedoor View Post
    barbs suck in too many ways
    Yeah, seriously barbs suck so much!!! They probably have one of the most op abilities in the game! I haven't played a barb yet but I know reaver barbs have a skill which instantly cause damage on you bringing hp on my bs down to at least 6k hp. I don't know its name but it's instant and seems to be a cast. That is op! Is it taking the shot for barbs?^^ I am well aware that a barb might need to sarifice something to get those abilities and acutally I think barb is one of the most balanced classes, but those instant abilities are just...
    Bendowill (Ranger) / Liangxiao (BS)
    Gjalskia (DT) / Beacor (BS, Saga)

I guess the biggest barb burst would be Wreck Armor 4 fully buffed (Haste, impale, DoD, Armagedon) with At the Gates (AA instant cone attack).

That's what usually completely melts down anyone without bubble. But after that barb is out of CD.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    I guess the biggest barb burst would be Wreck Armor 4 fully buffed (Haste, impale, DoD, Armagedon) with At the Gates (AA instant cone attack).

That's what usually completely melts down anyone without bubble. But after that barb is out of CD.
    I agree although if you're using impale and armagedon in PVP you're doing it wrong. Just saying. The dmg adder / survival loss is too great. The extra damage output is negligible in PVP. Haste and DOD cool downs are not very long if you play in and out. Mixing in CC's and movement. Also Too many to count is an extra dmg buff for only 1 feat point. Works great in choke points like the halls in LT. Impel only scales well if you are using reaver stance. Even then it won't hit for more than 500-1000 most times at 15stacks. If you're using blood rage instead you stay alive longer, do more combos = more DPS. (battle proven personally)

Quote Originally Posted by PunkJiuJitsu View Post
    I agree although if you're using impale and armagedon in PVP you're doing it wrong. Just saying. The dmg adder / survival loss is too great. The extra damage output is negligible in PVP. Haste and DOD cool downs are not very long if you play in and out. Mixing in CC's and movement. Also Too many to count is an extra dmg buff for only 1 feat point. Works great in choke points like the halls in LT. Impel only scales well if you are using reaver stance. Even then it won't hit for more than 500-1000 most times at 15stacks. If you're using blood rage instead you stay alive longer, do more combos = more DPS. (battle proven personally)
    Impale has the same cd than DoD and it does more damages.
    I think you're confusing with Overpower, Impale doesn't depend of Reaver stacks.

Don't forget that barb can really burst only every 40 sec, although every 60 sec.

Best barb combos has 45 sec CD without 5/5 perk to reduce it to 35, and the second best 50 sec.
    It's not the same thing than many other classes, if you miss your burst, you can't come back 5 seconds later with the same burst like a sin, ranger, demo, etc etc.
    You also have to change weapons for any cc (I'm against changing it to 1h cc, switching fast and at the right moment is a major part of skills you need as a barb),anyway, not so simple to ''OS'' someone.
    This is why this class is balanced and really fun to play, you can be competitive if you're not bad, but it's not so simple.
    Last edited by Greshakei; 3rd October 2013 at 22:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post

This guy is totally right. After that short burst, the barb is nothing. So if the char has a bubble, the barb is screwed.

Btw, this is jyggernaut, I am a good for a barb; and compared to my other classes, I say the barb sucks.
    Dod is like pact of malacor for the dt; difference is that the pact lasts forever while dod is only once every 40 sec.
    Lastly my dt gets more dps on a parse than my barb does with 15 stacks op reaver (and my dt gets health tap with that while my barb has no hp regen except for pot)
    That is one example of a class that is better than barb (I just like to compare dod and pact of malacor, I think it is a good example and that isn't even mentioning vom)

Quote Originally Posted by Bendowill
    Yeah, seriously barbs suck so much!!! They probably have one of the most op abilities in the game! I haven't played a barb yet but I know reaver barbs have a skill which instantly cause damage on you bringing hp on my bs down to at least 6k hp. I don't know its name but it's instant and seems to be a cast. That is op! Is it taking the shot for barbs?^^ I am well aware that a barb might need to sarifice something to get those abilities and acutally I think barb is one of the most balanced classes, but those instant abilities are just..
    NO ability on reaver barb than gives insta 6k hit, unless its buffed with all the arsenal (like Vehl said), one insta hit ability barb has is the "Overpower" that inflicts around 1k with full stacks...
    highest insta ability barb has is the "At the Gates Perk" that, with no buffs or stance stacks, inflicts +1k damage with 30sec cooldown

with that said, a barb playing with that kind of arsenal looses a lot of survival, becomes more squishy than a sin in some cases or at least much harder to survive...

but still a balanced class, no matter if zerker build, reaver build or hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by throughthedoor View Post
    This guy is totally right. After that short burst, the barb is nothing. So if the char has a bubble, the barb is screwed.
    learn when to use it and on who, instead of spamming it...
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast