Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: make jagged cut/bone shatter 1hs dot crit!

one thing have to be said when compering barb to conq - barb is pure dps class with broken desing and conq other tanks are tank with dps possibility cos of broken whole around pve design - to make peeps who do pve ( currently 70ish% game population ) grow bigger epeen since they will see how good they could perform in raids etc on dps parse (plus no other real agro tools holding then dps - s&s guard is exception) ...

one think about dots is epsecially conq ones you wont get that much as i said on brute build - tho you could crit more often but full power comes in dps spec > carnage plus nice weps while conqs get much more from that then barb since barb is cd whore at most and his stable weapon damage modifier is crippled and silly to be mentioned even to tanks ... btw dont look into first reaver tree cos its description is broken since long long time - it only works in reaver stance - make your stack give a lil bit more then normally would - anyway cripple for me since reaver is only for minigames where you can get heal - typical burst in gtfo for your life approach

tools at hand is trash - first what to be working you have to sacrafice (let it be to make working build or other aa)to much and if there would be 3rd gold perk slot then i shall think it could be gozu - ofc working with determination - atm if not atg then only reasonable choice is determination - either bs or upheaval ...

about first and most important thing - conq and other classes dots can crit and barb cant - im only asking for this in this topic - i already made to many post on testlives about barb tweaks and possible revamp ideas already with pure in game combat log examples

so pls stay on topic and talk about crit on jc/bs dot i know it could be deadly with crit and other dps high cd tools especially in mass battles but let it be like that - barb is predator on battlefield and dps class first what - ofc i bet it wouldnt bring bigger scores then sin sds with dread venom + dart or hox btd with pot or all rangers dots all together ... im talking about other classy meelish dps toons

lol about bs muti spec with world walker - one shooting bad geared ppl in less then 10 sec with 1 combo applied ...

Think I have suggested this before as well on TL or old forums, glad someone else is thinking the same.

Give JC/ DW Boneshatter dot crit chance to bring barbs on par with other melee classes that have crits on dots.

So a big +1.

There is absolutely no need for that, or else you will end up with lacking minus-hatred gear AND feats in raids.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

We don't need that. Just because some other dots crit doesn't mean barb dots should crit. On top of my head, guard dots don't crit either (I'm sure there are other dots that don't crit, can't be bothered checking now)
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by dagdasamildanac View Post
    and btw guard havent any class dot combo
    So? I'm just saying not all dots crit and that's perfectly fine. Bone shatter is great now it would be ridiculous with crits.

Quote Originally Posted by dagdasamildanac View Post

and btw guard havent any class dot combo
    Lol, true ^^
    Guards are tanks, not barbs.
    Only hox and barb dots doesn't crit, and hox and barb are the most useless dps classes in a raid.

-->

Conq dps with average gear on strawman with 3 combos with low cd + 1 ability = 1900++
    Barb dps with awesome gear on strawman with 7 combos (4 with 35sec cd) + 6 abilities to manage = 1500 big max

''We don't need that''.

Consistent !

Barb is fine but conq/DT/guards are op, or barb need an upgrade, that's the question.
    Ok, i'm against op dots, then barb need other stuff : + % weapon damage, 1 more cc, or 1 more anti-cc, or possibility to play in full reaver build.

Question to all guys that are saying : barb is fine, so fun to play I loooove it, I can OS everyone !!
    Why don't you play barb instead of conqs, guards or DT ? :')
    Last edited by Greshakei; 25th September 2013 at 23:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Greshakei View Post
    Question to all guys that are saying : barb is fine, so fun to play I loooove it, I can OS everyone !!
    Why don't you play barb instead of conqs, guards or DT ? :')
    I play barb and its my favorite class in game (together with hox). And why i say barb is balanced is that if you buff his dmg more there will be 1 shooting.
    Hell even now barb can 1 shot clothies

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    I play barb and its my favorite class in game (together with hox). And why i say barb is balanced is that if you buff his dmg more there will be 1 shooting.
    Hell even now barb can 1 shot clothies
    I didn't say the opposite,I didn't say we need necessarily more dps.
    Maybe other classes need a nerf then ?
    Rangers OS clothies, sin OS clothies, demo OS clothies, conq 2S clothies, what's the point ?

I don't say barb is crappy, I just laugh when I hear guys saying barb is fine and on top in pve and pvp in barb forums, while they play the best classes IG.

I see tons of barbs on fury, many of them doing fine and I've even seen some doing good in premades.

End of story, I don't get farmed into oblivion when I play mine either.

There's hardly anyone who disagrees that soldiers are over the top anyway but that's got nothing to do with barbs. In pve it's just dts and dps conqs that are silly over the top while in pvp it's all 3 soldiers (& poms) that dominate the scene. But you're not going to meet great soldiers or great poms every day so in the end all classes remain playable and strong in a pug environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Greshakei View Post
    I don't say barb is crappy, I just laugh when I hear guys saying barb is fine and on top in pve and pvp in barb forums, while they play the best classes IG.
    LunaticAsylum plays only HoX in PvP. Viroku mostly necro, barb or hox and sometimes lowbie sin. Kalston plays at least as much BS and Barb than his guard and often plays S&S in minis. As for me, premades aside where i log my best geared char, you won't see me much on conq and it's been like that since revamp.

The main issue with barb in PvP is the peak of global DPS every class has reached making classes without great mitigation (or **** loads of bubbles + CC) slightly gimped. It's even more noticeable on Crom where the average gear in mini is way higher than on Fury. And that's not fixed by adding more easy dps to a class so it can steal a couple more kills and artificially feel on part. My problem on barb is far from being the damage.
    In PvE, sure. Yet you can't often allow a conq to push his dps.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast