Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: make jagged cut/bone shatter 1hs dot crit!

Default make jagged cut/bone shatter 1hs dot crit!

reasuming - all other meele characters dots in this game can crit so why barbs cant? outdated design i believe - ie with all damage dealing tools from reaver not scaling with gear and all other classes feed on it (on paper this looked extremly nice in past - before rotgs when so called epic weapons then dropable from mobs in open world had simillar for example as sever mechanic - few procs per min and decent damage - and then dod and shrapnel looked really really nice but thats past - as well as there was drasticly lower hp pool of everyone...)- combat rating str etc ...

bs ib can crit - i was once hit by ib 2 what is pissing me mad as hell since its rank 2 anyway all it ranks are one steppers and was looking at combat log few times since i couldnt believe 6 out of 7 ticks for 850ish crit ... ,

conq bb can crit and was hit by this from rank 4 for 900ish crit tho enemy had t4 weapons anyway why?!?!

hox btd can crit - i was hit same as with bs many times per one interval very high crit close to 1k from btd 6 - tho pot (prince of terror) used...

only another innate dot that cant crit from meele toons is sin sds but no matter what would you think its one of best dps tools in game - it only needs one stepping 1 sec animation combo and with dread venom is really lethal to let it tick for some(nearly 2k from this dot not counting in combo dps) and then apply lotus coated dart for gozu damage (sometimes even 4k) and that one can crit - overal takes 2/3 of my hp when all timed well on my 10 pvp barb

in the end there is ranger that cant crit but his dots are very long ones and will hit nicely no matter what and he can apply up to 4 of em at once - lethal anyway

so look and pls do smth about it i want to be comeptetive with my barb and pls remeber Conan is Barbarian for god sake and he certainly wasnt a gimp

Default not the only problem

What he said only skims the surface, I think barbs need total revamp.

nobody from fellow barbs dont want see this change?

lol i bet if there would be interest and discussion about this thread FC would look closer to it ...

i say once more barb design is outdated as hell in comparisson to other

I been asking for little fixes and conqs come in our forums sayng barb would be op go figure. I give up asking for minimal fixes like Sever. Too many to count Dont Fear the Reaver. Plus sharpel only procs on secondary targets. I wish this feat had similar proc on main target as well. Plus barb needs more - hate feats in reaver tree. Maybe add that effect to Back in the Fray would make sense when u pop it u get - hate plus little heal. But ye barb need few feats tweaked to make him more modern to the conq. Barb is only class from initial revamp that got no second revamp unlike Bs Conq Assasin Ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by dagdasamildanac View Post

conq bb can crit and was hit by this from rank 4 for 900ish crit tho enemy had t4 weapons anyway why?!?!

hox btd can crit - i was hit same as with bs many times per one interval very high crit close to 1k from btd 6 - tho pot (prince of terror) used...
    My conq has T4 weapon and i extremely rarely hit 900 with my dots even on a fully debuff guy. Hox btd needs PoT to crit and if i'm not mistaking it's a 1min CD feat not to mention using BtD in PvP is challenging to say the least (not counting duels).

On a strawman my barbs bone shatter hits 6*274 (=1.644) and 6*334 (=2.004) with haste while in PvP 4 gear with T3 axe. I believe with better gear and T4 weapon it would hit higher. It's more than enough for a dot combo you can't possibly miss with damage not debuff related.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Well lets do math about conq bleed combo shall we. Like seriously your numbers doesnt mean jack if a conq bleedeers do a lot more with a nesty bleed. While barb bleed cant even notice major effect on target. And why does every post about class mechanics has to be pvp point of view. Why **** conq has charge knock and or knock that doesnt require land combo while barb has to work his ass off to switch weapons and land cc.
    Last edited by armatur; 24th September 2013 at 15:09.

But i don't want to be a conq when i play barb. I already two shot most mages with not so good gear while unccable.

Nonetheless, tested with my conq, with all the PVP gear PvP 8 can give and T4 weapon, i get around 6*350 while in frenzy on a debuff target and around 550 crit so roughly between 2.100 and 2.500 damage on dot since it rarely crits more than twice. Maximum i get is 6*427 (=2.562) so a little around 3K max with two crits with all the stacks and everything but that takes time.
    Sure it's really good and sure you can prepare it in the air. But what makes carny conqs dps really insane is all the extra passive damage on normal hits.

But then again, i don't want to be a conq and i dislike the concept of dots. If tweaks have to be done barb it surely shouldn't be on a dot combo already powerfull that you can't possibily miss.
    Edit: And if only all of the conqs in minis where carny ones instead of brutes i'd be more than happy.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

See below.
    Last edited by PunkJiuJitsu; 24th September 2013 at 22:33.

See below....
    Last edited by PunkJiuJitsu; 24th September 2013 at 22:34.

How about we stay on topic? Comparing conq to barb is not even in the same realm.
    After all why would a DPS class be able to out DPS a tank... Wait what?.... Hmmm..
    Anyways, I have been saying for yearsssssss Barb is overlooked and been shafted for a very long time. I would like to see AA's updated also. Add crit rating to the perk that adds offhand rating (similar to conq)
    give us a root and or at least one CC with dual wield.
    Revamp tools at hand ... The crap is useless...
    Revamp WHAT IT TAKES perk 60% evade sounds great... On paper but with everyone's hit rating so high the **** don't work.
    Revamp bone shatter, "removes stam pots".. LOL is that a troll? Stam pots are not even a factor after the sprint revamp.
    I know there is limited resources but please consider these suggestions.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast