Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lots of Hate Towards Dark Templars - Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    DTs are the only class I can think of that can simultaneously top damage dealt, damage taken and healing given. Does that sounds reasonable?
    Many players don't understand what the DT is capable of. They think you're exaggerating.

While I do agree that some parts of DTs arsenal are bit overdone and broken(I'm looking at you VoM magic dmg and crit dmg buffs) class as a whole is pretty weak ...they have less quality tools, useless end feats, range of horribly bad class perks and higher cooldowns on eevrything.

It's funny that people take depravity as tanking part of feat trees and desecration as dps one as there are almost no tanking tools in any of them(curse, SoC and CoI are pretty much only ones)...most of the stuff in both feat trees is oriented on making your life taps bigger, making your crits crit more often and harder. There is no feat that adds more hate to your attacks, adds armor or shields you, DTs survivability comes from taps and more dps means more taps, hence amount of DTs running in priest gear and "dps" specc.

Overall, I completely agree with noite and I think his way of solving DTs would make them balanced. Too bad it's just too much work so we'll probably see either heavy nerfing of VoM or no change at all...both of these options being bad.

Quote Originally Posted by nuadar View Post
    While I do agree that some parts of DTs arsenal are bit overdone and broken(I'm looking at you VoM magic dmg and crit dmg buffs) class as a whole is pretty weak ...
    you can stop there

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    you can stop there
    He's not wrong. Take VoM away and DT goes back to being a very lackluster class.
    That means there's something wrong with the core, and an AA is acting like a bandaid.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwann145 View Post
    He's not wrong. Take VoM away and DT goes back to being a very lackluster class.
    That means there's something wrong with the core, and an AA is acting like a bandaid.
    From what I am gathering from this thread, the main reason DTs are too strong is because of VoM, so what would you guys suggest happen to VoM? Remove it completely? Would they be fine then? Or revamp it to something more balanced?
    Nohrin - Stygian Herald of Xolti
    Ubogin - Cimmerian Bear Shaman
    Noxamor - Aquilonian Barbarian

If you are interested in Age of Conan Livestreams, check out my Livestream or better yet follow my Livestream at www.twitch.tv/visoth

Quote Originally Posted by Kogoro View Post
    From what I am gathering from this thread, the main reason DTs are too strong is because of VoM, so what would you guys suggest happen to VoM? Remove it completely? Would they be fine then? Or revamp it to something more balanced?
    i did reply, needs some tweaks or simply nerfing vom will break class.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Well truly fixing DT would need revamp/heavy tweaking which obviously won't happen, so I would say just get use to DTs being actually usefull in pve...

But yeah, noite had pretty god ideas
    Valianoris - 80lvl Priest of Mitra
    Aelfronear - 80lvl Dark Templar

Cool

If one does a search on Google about rpg game acrhtypes, and care to study for a while. One pretty soon realize that every game that have a TANK/DPS hybrid of the four (TANK, HEAL, DPS, AUX.), ends up with players into micromanagment rolling toons with the defensive top bonus of the TANK, and the offensive top bonus of the DPS ...

-is that the DT, well go figure

I'm looking at a parse here where a DT was 1st on Basilisk fight in dps, damage taken, and healing, and no other class is close in any of the 3 categories.

Yeah, the class is weak. Any talk of class revamp begins - not ends - with nerfing VOM.

Smile dps vrs mitigation

I have a mitigation build and that is totally different than most everyone else's d.p.s.build.That's all i'm going to say because every time i try to share any info i get slammed.i have over 300 days or 24x300 days played =7,000 hours on my dark templar ,I know what i'm talking about.
    Lordshred. the only difference is I play pve right now and love to be able to stand in there face and take it and laugh as they slowly die.I'm sure ill get major flack for even saying this much.
    Last edited by terryjohnson; 14th December 2015 at 16:15.
    Lordshred

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast