Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lots of Hate Towards Dark Templars - Why?

Default Lots of Hate Towards Dark Templars - Why?

I keep hearing how Dark Templars are so overpowered in both PvE and PvP. I can never find out what makes them that way. I understand that soldiers are the top Archetype for PvP at the moment, but what part of Dark Templars have got everyone so pissed at? Is it Void of Madness? Or is it the whole class in general? Please explain to me in detail what makes them so powerful.

I myself have fought very few DT's, and from what I remember, they were not as immortal as other people make them out to be. I know that their combos are easy to dodge due to their low attack range, so I try to exploit that fact which effectively lowers their damage by half. I rarely do PvE content so I cannot say much about that aspect, but I hear rumors that they top the parse charts damage wise.

To sum my question up: What makes DT's so powerful that has everybody complaining about them, and why are they so powerful if it is easy to dodge their combos? What would you like to see be done to them to make them more balanced? Or do you think they are fine the way they are?
    Nohrin - Stygian Herald of Xolti
    Ubogin - Cimmerian Bear Shaman
    Noxamor - Aquilonian Barbarian

If you are interested in Age of Conan Livestreams, check out my Livestream or better yet follow my Livestream at www.twitch.tv/visoth

i think ringofset is a religious leader and his teaching run deep in americans
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

What? What does that have to do with my question?

If you are interested in Age of Conan Livestreams, check out my Livestream or better yet follow my Livestream at www.twitch.tv/visoth

Most of the DT "hate" seems to come from effects VoM has in regards to Pve.

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    i think ringofset is a religious leader and his teaching run deep in americans
    Lol

/10 chars
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    Most of the DT "hate" seems to come from effects VoM has in regards to Pve.
    Is it the same for PvP as well? Is VoM the cause for all the hate to DTs?

I remember back in the day it was Demo / Ranger who would receive all the hate in PvP. Seems that has shifted over to DTs now. Wonder which class will be next.

late to say since conq is now - with out of space 1,5s combos dealing mega damage - i was hit by hofs 5 non crit for 4ish k on top of that olp, fa 9, or many many other things - most of extremly high dps for tank

Quote Originally Posted by Kogoro View Post
    What? What does that have to do with my question?
    i shouldnt have trolled you but was irresistable after meeting some americans ingame with those god like dt claims .

my alt dt is pretty old and have nice memories of playing it in brc prior to t3 even and having to farm xibaluku for protection gear for t3.

i played it a lot almost maxed aa's, some t4 big pieces, pvp'ed a bit with it too although seems im much better on ranged toons then melee :P in pvp.

what i think needs to be tweaked/revamped

first off seal of chaos will need to have cooldown around 30-20 secs so that dt's have aoe agro ability comparable in cooldown with the other soldiers.

the covenants should be a duet merged with covenat of vengeance and covenant of arms from desecration add its efects to both covenant of invulnerability and covenant of pestilence by feating it.
    meaning you would choose one of those 2 "tanking" covenants and feat solid pestilence or invulnerable soul for tanking.
    reason why is no one uses them given covenant of arms is a must for agro only in rare situations dt needs to solo tank magic bosses is covenant invul used.
    also it would be only fair to revamp seal of yog efect on covenant of invulnerability to grant a high protection buff instead of insain mana drain wich only realy is good for sieges wich are not played often enough in minigames its very unfair ability.

improved infusion and warped dread are extremely unatractive feats, especialy given extremely low returns from aura of infusion anyway.
    both auras needs some revamp to make them any good.
    warped dread could be 40%evade buff self with some added hate generation and some dps stats while it lasts like on 1 minute 30 secs cooldown to reuse so it would be atractive enough to have one day desecration+general builds for tanking

vigor leech+ether leach are very unatractive and waste of space especialy after sprint revamp.

drak hand is nice concept spell but its mana cost is to high and whenever i realy need its heal i dont have mana to use it so i stoped having it, worth keeping but needs some adjustments to mana cost and to make fiendish hand worth feating needs a good boost.

generaly speaking sadism could use a boost in terms of easier procs especialy when using desecration talisman builds its extremely annoying to have to use ritualistic blood shed constantly while doing everything all the time i can totaly cope having to reaply hexes but spamming ritualistic bloodshed is ultra boring mechanic.
    wishing i could just feat it and have it proc from atacking

i would change cooldown to reuse on shadowed soul to every 45-50 seconds in its present form or extend its duration to 40 secs its a good buff but lasts very shortly its anti cc abilities could be a diferent feat by itself with current cooldown of 1m30secs.
    imagine if it was this ghostlike dt transformation wich already is but lasting longer somewhat like a hox tranformation or necro lich form alike.

devouring blood frenzy could simply be removed or revamped to something else.

also i would like to see talisman mastery magic bonus increased and have distinct side feats boosting either blood hex or shadow hex instead of generic extra shadow hexes from shadowed blade
    would prefer to have some distinction and possibility to increase blood hex for tanking/pvp and shadow hex for dps/pvp

martyrdom should be instant cast and feats like improved martyrdom made 2 points so people would bother feating them right now they are waste of space.

reguarding vom it needs minimum to have the 125% crit damage proc removed.
    idealy best approach be would distinguish and grant diferent procs depending on stance used, health tap procs, hate, small armor increases in defensive and current(except 125% cd one) in frenzy and no procs at all in neutral stance to force dt's to use defensive and frenzy

scarab night just needs either a decrease on cooldown to reuse or a nerf and made it permanent buff with that nice scarabs running all over you animation made permanent adding the extra hex as you atack with a talisman.

blood shroud is just horribad it needs total revamp to be usefull
    if it gave a passive magic damage around 100 magic+200 armor+100 protection+200 combat rating just by being equiped and add a chaneled mana replinisher spell it would be ok.

all the silver perks needs total revamp to be interesting only death lord stands out as remotely interesting.

might sound counter intuitive but buffing dt's up is best way to nerf vom in a way that doesnt destroy dt as a class, and ofc its time some of those feats get updated to further improve class and remove absurd dependency on vom for everything.
    Last edited by noite80; 13th September 2013 at 01:01.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Unsure if this is a troll thread after the million fail post from tardofset.. DTs are hated because they're just so broken, tanking in DPS specs and whatnot.

I don't really mind that too much even though it's outrageous, my hatred is on carnage Conqs and pyjama-tard non-tank DTs.

DTs are the only class I can think of that can simultaneously top damage dealt, damage taken and healing given. Does that sounds reasonable?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast