Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dc in citys+charr lockout

Default Dc in citys+charr lockout (Resolved)

Hey! I have a very annoying problem which dicsonnects me very often, most of the time in citys, not only the main citys but places like trading village in gateway to Khitai and other simillar places. The dc's occur even more when i browse the trader.
    Here's a little info i've gathered.
    The DC's occur on all types of internet. I tried with my own, and my friends internet. I even connected the phone to 4g and tried-Still dc'd.
    All charracters have been dc'd, but one of them is unplayable, i get dc'd after just 1 sec.

This appears after a dc:Lost connection to the server, could be down for maintaince, and Failed to authenicate to the server.
    Any ideas of what i could do? Also, try to explain it as easy as possible. I'm not very good at networks/computers. =)
    Last edited by rkrook96; 17th September 2013 at 10:27.

I had a problem like that. Support made me erase the /gui files and download them again. It fixed the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Religolibri View Post
    I had a problem like that. Support made me erase the /gui files and download them again. It fixed the problem.
    Should i remove the whole folder? Because when i do that, i'm unable to use the luancher. Could you describe more detailed what to do?
    Boyscout bearshaman

Here's what the support asked me to do :

1) Open Windows Explorer

2) In the address/location bar, enter %LOCALAPPDATA%

3) Navigate into Funcom\Conan

4) Rename the Prefs folder into Prefs_old

5) Temporarily disable your anti-virus and go to your Age of Conan install folder

6) Under Data is a folder called "GUI". Please delete this

7) In your Age of Conan install folder right click on PatcherSetup.exe and run it as an administrator.

I can't seem to find the prefs folder, i have my aoc on another hardrive, does that make any difference? If i would go onto my aoc folder without searching, where would i be able to find this?
    Last edited by rkrook96; 11th September 2013 at 17:11.
    Boyscout bearshaman

I have aoc on another drive too, and managed to find the pref on the windows hard drive if I remember well.

Searched through all the AoC files but i wasn't able to find anything. Could it have another name or location?
    Boyscout bearshaman

It's not inside the game files. It is on the windows drive. Just copy paste the %LOCALAPPDATA% in browser and you should find it their.

Are you sure you did that ?

Will this remove my keybinds? Am i able to save them if i copy them?
    Boyscout bearshaman

Like they said, don't erase it, just rename it to "old".

It did not erased my keybinds but I lost my personal points I've set on maps. I had lost my preference with HUD settings too (like named not showing, cameras not following etc..). Just small things.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast