Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Some ranger tweak suggestions

Well, my thought about adding an extra white hit option was more about providing options to customize my shot, than it was strictly about increasing dps. Same thing could be accomplished by giving each of the directional shots a different buff, then letting the ranger decide which ones to use before the combo is released.

I can't remember the last time I switched to sword and shield... I think it was when I got fed up with getting killed by the stone soldiers in the Refuge of the Apostate.

But hey, the server merge is over, and all I wanna do is get back on my ranger and start playing again. Nothing will be changing anyway, but even with the limitations, ranger is still my favourite class in AoC!
    Last edited by GeneralFear; 11th September 2013 at 12:36.

Linking the attack directions to effects, sounds good. With the 4 options i did not just mean dps increase, though i think dpswise there should be a difference just to compensate the white hits inbetween. If you expand the tooltips like suggested, you can have different effects in those 4 states.

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    The point of rangers medium armor and melee combos is to make him an hybrid toon.
    Ye i love melee part of ranger, it would be nice if some hybrid build is bit more viable

I switch to melee often in pvp. There's a time and place for it even without being spec'd. Stay used to duel melee all the time and win as well.
    Daedylus - Ranger, PVP 10 (Fury)
    Ehlicya - Sin, PVP 5 (Fury)
    Prysm - Ranger, PVP 5 (Rage)
    Tantylus - HOX, PVP 6 (Crom)
    Oculys - POM, PVP 3 (Fury)

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    Ye i love melee part of ranger, it would be nice if some hybrid build is bit more viable
    It kinda is already, but for sure it was frustrating without AA and pvp10 stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Religolibri View Post
    It kinda is already, but for sure it was frustrating without AA and pvp10 stuff.
    I know it is possible to pull it off, but like you said you need good gear, good 1he... on my pvp 5 ranger with pvp sword and shield deft stab dmg is not that high even with crit. the thing that i would like to see is some more ways to buff melee from build tree and from aa.Not just dmg, maybe add some nice gold aa melee combo that hits bit higher or have high chance of critt than deft stabs. I like the way upper and lower hits buff knock, snare or root duration of combo, melee side of ranger is surely interesting

A gold perk that add something at melee ? YUMMY !

Making melee more viable would make minis even more ridiculous...even now you're scary us **** when you run to me with that sword Reli :P
    Valianoris - 80lvl Priest of Mitra
    Aelfronear - 80lvl Dark Templar

I would fight nude if I were you, makes no difference than the light cloths your wear !
    Yeah I know, but let me have some fantasms will you ?

I'm talking about more melee abilities of course

Dump melee?

Differentiate crossbow from bow?

You people are deranged. Or you should all go roll demos.

First - a ranger is not a ranger because he fights at range. A ranger is a ranger because he ranges - ie he moves around, he is a scout, a skirmisher. A skirmisher who can't fight hand to hand is dead meat.

Second - the moment you make crossbow different from bow you introduce a different and exclusive set of mechanics in one class. This means that essentially, you no longer have to balance twelve classes; you now have to balance thirteen classes. This adds an order of magnitude to the balancing calculations which are already nuts what with all the AAs and gear boosts and perks and the rest of the bullshít.

Third - no two classes are equal. None. Nothing is balanced. So really, you're asking for crossbow to be more powerful than bow, or vice versa. Which is bloody stupid and you should be embarrassed at how dumb you are.

Fourth - without melee, a ranger is just a spellcaster. If I wanted a wizard I would play a wizard. Just because melee is too hard for you doesn't mean it's beyond the wit of other players.

Jesus. Back when I was ranger advo, there were some truly terrible rangers. I see those are the ones that stayed.
    shoryuken

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast