Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Conq group wide De-buff to OP

Default Conq De-buff to OP

This de-buff is way over the top for PvP
    I will explain for those who are unsure what i talking about (ofc most know it) oh and i do have a conq pvp6 alt so not pointing the finger to nerf a class i dont play!

So the conq can plant a banner ability (instant) Disciplines or Formations not only does this give the conq personal benefit it also gives a
    Physical Torment debuff
    and
    Elemental Torment debuff

Every time conq hit target even white hit the target recives
    -900 armor per stack for 30 seconds. Fully stacked at x5 is -4500 armor.
    AND
    -250 protection Fully stacked at x5 is -1250 ( i think these numbers are correct)

Is this the kinda instant ability that a solider class needs? max debuff target in seconds! on top of a already very good DPS/survivability
    and the fact that the Physical Torment debuff and Elemental Torment debuff stacks and refreshes with other classes that can do the same.. once a conq is on your arse you will be fully debuffed untill you die from there dmg or other enemy
    at -4500 armor and -1250 protection your in serious trouble
    Last edited by ViolentLeonidas; 10th September 2013 at 15:50.

U should go back on ur alt conq and figure how it really works. Then repost if u still feel like.

Quote Originally Posted by Norther View Post
    U should go back on ur alt conq and figure how it really works. Then repost if u still feel like.
    why don't you explain how you think it works?

For me it's
    -click Formation ability banner duration 30s of group wide Physical Torment debuff and Elemental Torment debuff WHEN that goes on CD there is a 15s wait! then you can click the Discipline ability banner for another 30s team wide de-buff (or the other way around what ever takes ya fancy)

of course one can wait for furious inspiration stacks to get better personal buffs.... but if you just drop the 2 banners when they off CD conq can give 30s team wide debuff on a 15s CD window
    (there is a range when giving the group de-buff effect but its pretty big one no)

EDIT its not team wide its conq hits only! (still op as hell)
    Last edited by ViolentLeonidas; 10th September 2013 at 15:52.

The debuffs are your own attacks only and do not transfer to other members of the group.

Quote Originally Posted by ViolentLeonidas View Post
    why don't you explain how you think it works?
    Would have too many letters, its hard from phone
    Boesch on the spot
    Last edited by Norther; 10th September 2013 at 12:13.

As there are playing lots of conqs in minigames these days the debuff ability might be balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    The debuffs are your own attacks only and do not transfer to other members of the group.
    well tickle me pink! i thought was team member group wide! im sure the description says providing a team wide bonus ( thought that was the de-buff part to)

are you sure?

Quote Originally Posted by ViolentLeonidas View Post
    well tickle me pink! i thought was team member group wide! im sure the description says providing a team wide bonus ( thought that was the de-buff part to)

are you sure?
    Tested it before servers went down, just to be a 100% sure. The debuff only occurs with conqs hits.

That being i don't see why they changed the insane debuffing ability conqs had on one technic and put it on all conqs buff. Doesn't change things that much in PvE but makes more OP than before in PvP with no down side.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    That being i don't see why they changed the insane debuffing ability conqs had on one technic and put it on all conqs buff. Doesn't change things that much in PvE but makes more OP than before in PvP with no down side.
    I think the intent of that change back then was to fix the fact that players felt forced to use Hoarfrost technique over any other because of the debuffing. There was in practice really no variety in buffs because you would be a fool to use anything else.

Back then, the other buffs were not great enough to trade them for the awesome debuffing. This is not the case anymore, though (in my opinion).

I wouldn't mind seing the debuffing tied to the dps technique and banner only (or even only the technique); I think the other buffs are now strong enough on their own to use without it. Conqs would have to choose between the imba revivification heal or the imba debuffing for example.

edit : @Leonidas : and yeah, it's a sure thing the debuffing is only a personal buff, like the weapon damage buff btw.
    -- Ieronon, QQror --
    -- Deutter, holy potato --

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    Tested it before servers went down, just to be a 100% sure. The debuff only occurs with conqs hits.

thanks for test will edit my post now
    Its still OP though even if from only conq hits BS used to be a great armor de-buff class BUT now the conq de buff armor AND protection way faster
    the Physical Torment debuff and Elemental Torment debuff stacks and refreshes with other classes that can do the same thing! so basicaly when u have a conq on your arse you will pretty much stay de-buffed till u die

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast