Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Make your DREAM sever ruleset here>>>

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    do you really think that people would join groups or raids with this kind of ruleset, where a wipe would mean to level up again from lvl 1??
    Yes, and that where "trust" "preparation" "adrenaline" will have a meaning, and people will learn/have to know each other very well (will not of course be very pick up friendly server....), and too it's where we will see courageous people will try to save some of the others when the wipe is coming.

as i said "he Saved my/our life" will mean something, personnaly i dont know any mmo where it's can happen

And same for the meaning of the word "Sacrifice" "Run for your life peeps, let me die" or "leave me, i will slow you down" will create epic story to be remembered and true reputation "This guy sacrified his level 17 to save the whole group" some true epic video could emerge, "Sacrifice of <Insert name here>, level 22 necromancer on the permadeath server" not another "how to rush Temple of the burning soul in less than 22 minutes"

Quote Originally Posted by zothike View Post
    Would create a really Unique MMO, where a level would mean something "woaw look a level 29 !" "damn look he have 5 kill in pvp" where risking his life to save somebody else would be worth something
    There is a reason even very large MMOs do not have permadeath servers. In AoC, I'd imagine at most 5-10 people on such a server during peak time. But at least your chances of dying would be minimised, as there would be noone to pvp or do dungeons or raids with.

Don't believe me? Feel free to visit Rage. And see how splendidly the "make a name for yourself on your one epic toon" idea worked out.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    There is a reason even very large MMOs do not have permadeath servers. In AoC, I'd imagine at most 5-10 people on such a server during peak time. But at least your chances of dying would be minimised, as there would be noone to pvp or do dungeons or raids with.

Don't believe me? Feel free to visit Rage. And see how splendidly the "make a name for yourself on your one epic toon" idea worked out.
    ? my permadeath ruleset proposal is (of course) not for a pvp server as you seems to think, it's a pve server, with pvp possible only if people want to (dare to), then you control the risk, you go to the monster level 15 when you are level 13 only if you want/when you want, npc will not try to gank you on the entrance of instances or when you when you are already engaged in a fight (unless you badly manage your aggro)

Rage was a failure but to be honest it was doomed from the start, same in some extend seems for the classical pvp server like fury even if this server death take years, Age of Conan have a very specific pvp feature that is not "open pvp" friendly, that why servers that resist best over time (by far) is PVE server

Quote Originally Posted by zothike View Post
    ? my permadeath ruleset proposal is (of course) not for a pvp server as you seems to think, it's a pve server, with pvp possible only if people want to (dare to)
    Then the people who posted before me misunderstood you as well...

In any case, while PvE permadeath might be a fun addition to single player games, I struggle to see what it would add to AoC and why anyone would play on such a server.

By contrast, this would be an awesome server, because I said so.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345