Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Returning PoM, need advice for Khitai

Well for sure you don't need any sort of spec. Solo PVE is easy. Just imo that someone returning to game with little to no gear will benefit more from some added hp, defenses, bubble cooldown, and instant big heal than one aoe stun and condemnation/hc. Plenty of aoe burst in veng/general and good times taking down boss mobs with immortal wrath.

I guess I'm biased too though because I prefer veng/gen for raids anyways ever since my pom got some gear.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Thanks for the replies guys, that was a big help.

Another question: once I have my blues I'd like to do some 6-mans to upgrade my gear further. I'm terribly rusty when it comes to healing, and don't want to wipe the group while I re-learn to play.

Could someone give me a quick refresher on a good PoM healing rotation? I can spam HoTs, but know there is a better way to do it.

Healing is super-super easy
    Dont need to spam anything
    Just refresh the green heal when it runs out.
    Cast the blue heal evry 15.sec or so.
    Big heal when needed.
    Only thing to learn is when to use Steadfast Faith
    Rest of time you dps, and try not to run out of mana

Quote Originally Posted by monday View Post
    Big heal when needed.
    Thanks, Monday. But seriously, that's all there is to it? Keep green and blue heals up, and hit the big heal when necessary?

And I hope the boss DoTs/Debuffs have big particle effects... I hate squinting at healthbars to see which DoTs to cleanse off other players.

I have one more question too... When people advertise for K6 groups and say "need healer with AAs", what does that specifically mean for a PoM (other than that they want you have to have some AAs trained up to show you're not a completely new 80)?

mostly means you'll need SF...ofc having celestial gaze and shimmering invocation never hurts, but those shouldn't be mandatory.
    Valianoris - 80lvl Priest of Mitra
    Aelfronear - 80lvl Dark Templar

Quote Originally Posted by monday View Post
    Big heal when needed.
    Bit of a noob question from me here, been away from the game for a long time. Can you just remoind me what all the blue and green heal stuff is all about? I totally forgot what is what and can't find any of the old guides i bookmarked.
    Ashareth: Assassin (80) - Tsong: Ranger (80) - Ashoreth: Dark Templar (80) - Belidos: Conqueror (80)
    Ashorath: Guardian (52) - Asharoth: Priest of Mitra (80) - Asheera: Tempest of Set (80)
    Asharath: Bear Shaman (5) - Asharatep: Demonologist (80)

Quote Originally Posted by Asharoth View Post
    Bit of a noob question from me here, been away from the game for a long time. Can you just remoind me what all the blue and green heal stuff is all about? I totally forgot what is what and can't find any of the old guides i bookmarked.
    In the case of the POM green heal is Emanation of Life (puts a green circle on affected players) and blue heal is Wave of Life (puts a blue circle on players). Other priests have their own version of blue heals and green heals and some other classes abilities count as green heals (e.g. DT's martyrdom, some Demo stuff too)

A player can only have 2 green heals and one blue heal running on him at all time. Any additional green/blue heal being applied will replace one of the currently running ones (reinitialising its duration) unless the currently running heals are stronger IIRC.
    -- Ieronon, QQror --
    -- Deutter, holy potato --

Quote Originally Posted by longtail View Post
    I don't feel PoM needs General tree for soloing - even undergeared they're robust. When my PoM hit 80 I was surprised how effective it was in Isle of Iron Statues with only cheap crafted blues + Lemurian Firestick. Div/hybrid builds worked best - most normal mobs burn down pretty fast with your AoEs, and you have awesome burst to take down bosses quickly.
    what spec is this?

Quote Originally Posted by narial View Post
    what spec is this?
    according to what he said it's probably something along the line of http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v2_1182...f7c42f56e2f378

his amazing burst must be:wave of life>cleansing fire>rebuke>mitra searing eye>instant smite//fast cast condamnation>holy cleansing>fast cast condamnation.

his aoes are: wave of life (dot), cleansing fire (dot), repulse (dd), radiance (dd), mitra searing eye (column dd).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12