Thread: stamina / energy pool fix

Default stamina / energy pool fix

I think a good way to make the gear fair that has stamina on it is for funcom to give players with more stamina more energy pool.
    like for example the reason why sage barb gear has so much stamina is not for combos but so they can chase after mages. Useless now unless funcom fixes it. Also rouges should have more energy if they are to keep up with mages and to run away from tanks like they could before.

You know, sage barb gear has so much stamina mostly because it has no strenght. Hyrkanian probably has more stam (through strenght)...

For stamina to be useful you have to increase the stamina cost of combos, I fear. That way soldiers should have to think twice before using Dash. Maybe also reduce a little the total energy pool of soldiers.

But with +5% base speed, Haste/Arcane Marauder/Accelerated and 16s total sprint time vs 10s for mages you shouldn't have any issue with catching up with mages as a rogue.
    -- Ieronon, QQror --
    -- Deutter, holy potato --

Default ???

you said, "For stamina to be useful you have to increase the stamina cost of combos, I fear. That way soldiers should have to think twice before using Dash. Maybe also reduce a little the total energy pool of soldiers."

How do I increase the stamina cost of combos? (do you mean by just using highest level of the combo because everyone does that in order to have half decent dps). Why wouldn't soldiers use dash because I have large stamina and how do I reduce energy pool of soldiers?

1. Increase stamina cost for combos;
    2. There is no number 2.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by throughthedoor View Post
    you said, "For stamina to be useful you have to increase the stamina cost of combos, I fear. That way soldiers should have to think twice before using Dash. Maybe also reduce a little the total energy pool of soldiers."

How do I increase the stamina cost of combos? (do you mean by just using highest level of the combo because everyone does that in order to have half decent dps). Why wouldn't soldiers use dash because I have large stamina and how do I reduce energy pool of soldiers?
    In that paragraph, I meant "you" for "you the wannabe funcom system designer (or whatever that function is called)". Because you seem to be willing to touch to the mechanicss of the game with your original post.

If I take a look at mana users's situation currently in the game, mana is a ressource that has to be managed. You have to feat mana saving or recovering feats in order not to run out eventually and mana draining abilities are meaningful. As a mana user, there are times where you can use Dash because you just have not enough mana or that just means you will run out of mana faster. There is no such situation with stamina, where you can't ever go under 70% even without using pots. Using Dash for a stamina user is only a matter of cooldown. I'd like stamina management to be meaningful, and in the process, there should be occurences where using a stamina expensive ability like Dash would really be costly stamina-wise, especially for the classes with the least stam management abilities, that is : Soldiers.
    -- Ieronon, QQror --
    -- Deutter, holy potato --

Default if that were true.

I dualed demos and necros with bone shatter and it doesn't do anything. Basically it removes their stamina/MANA pots. But the most they loose before dual is over is maybe 35% (btw, i have 37.5% prot on my barb so fight CAN (not always) last for about 25 sec with still little effect on mana)