Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sutible easy revamp for barb to bring it more dps in pvp and not pve

Default Sutible easy revamp for barb to bring it more dps in pvp and not pve

If funcom removed 1800 armor for wreck armor 3 & 4, instead of 900, I would say that the barb is a good class. Right now I have to say that it is a little weak compared to most but if funcom did that it would be straight. It would be just like a BS's perk where one wreck armor brings 2 debuf instead of one. I think it's only fair sense tanks can hit us harder in defensive then we could ever do to them. Also, most ppl would agree that barbs lack a little dps compared to most classes in pvp and this way they wouldn't be laughed at as much and maybe they wouldn't be tailgated as much by tanks sense they would fear the armor removal.

This is the best, and easiest suggestion for barb revamp I could think of, tell me what you all think.

Default Also. . .

also compared to conq, demos (elemental torment) and most other classes, the barb takes FOR EVER to rip armor off of an opponent, we have to go through 5 complete combos to get 5 armor removals where mages can do it so fast (with elemental torment) and conqs blow us away when it comes to it (when they ley down banner see what happens), so why does it need to take SOOO long for the barb to remove armor. Not to mention we don't even have a ruin. So basically I think one of the reasons for barbs lack in dps is not their buffs, combos, dps, but primarily their way to weaken opponents.

I have seen barbarians in minigames who score too many kills and almost never die.
    In PVE, they top charts on physical single-target charts along with Conquerors.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    I have seen barbarians in minigames who score too many kills and almost never die.
    I won't comment on the original topic, but I'd like to point out that this argument ("I've seen player X do perfectly fine on class Y so balance is fine"), while constantly used, is a logical fallacy.

What this observation tells us is only that player X has high skill, not that class Y is balanced. At most it can only tell us that class Y is not completely broken to the point of being unplayable, but that's a far cry from being "balanced".

If you want to gauge the current "balance point" of a given class, observe which is the AVERAGE result of players using that class, don't just take a biased sample of the best players in the world and judge the class potential from them.

While i would agree with you MagnusLL, experience showed me than even when you take a wider spectrum (100+ minis) to see how classes do in average pug minis players still disagree with the results given.
    Theses debate are bound to be subjective...
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    barbarians??? didnt they got replaced by conquerors recently? only changing the armor and name
    currently i see barbs usefull in HMs because they have TW and FH, other than is WAY better to have 4 conqs in group and two healers (similar to an assassin and a DT)

in pvp, a skilled barb with knowledge on the class itself and more importantly on the foe's class, kills alot and survives a lot; a noob barb kills nothing and dies a few; BUT, skilled barb against other classes with skilled players, its hard has hell to survive, simply because of the power of the others (i point out mainly tanks and PoM)

P.S.: im NOT SAYING the barb has low damage!!!
    Last edited by PutchPT; 9th September 2013 at 23:22.
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    While i would agree with you MagnusLL, experience showed me than even when you take a wider spectrum (100+ minis) to see how classes do in average pug minis players still disagree with the results given.
    Theses debate are bound to be subjective...
    meh, i think the stats u tallied gave alot of insight

Quote Originally Posted by PutchPT View Post
    in pvp, a skilled barb with knowledge on the class itself and more importantly on the foe's class, kills alot and survives a lot; a noob barb kills nothing and dies a few; BUT, skilled barb against other classes with skilled players, its hard has hell to survive, simply because of the power of the others (i point out mainly tanks and PoM)

P.S.: im NOT SAYING the barb has low damage!!!
    indeed..they can nerf some abilities of conq and pom..(like olp dmg and kb of pom..nothing more) barb is ok..no need more dmg..

Default parses

In parses (because I use determination) I out dps sins but only about maybe 15% (and I keep a full 15 stack reaver the whole time). With zerker I loose about 50% dps in which case is way worse than what a sin has. Not to mention sins and conqs can utilize rebuffs way faster. Barb of cores has heal, but it can't be beat by the burst, debuff, range or armor that other classes have.(also in pvp, my bloody dt gets more dps from a parse)

Quote Originally Posted by Fsen View Post
    indeed..they can nerf some abilities of conq and pom..(like olp dmg and kb of pom..nothing more) barb is ok..no need more dmg..
    Agreed: debuffing, not buffing is the key.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast