Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remove [the]easy-mode stuff.

Default overpowered??

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    Veng-gen PoM is overpowered cause it gains the best priest revamp of 2012 and it was before already a good class.

Some reasons :

-> Decent vengeance tree : With only 40 to 45 feats points you can have many many good dps feats like Searing eye of mitra, Immortal Wrath or Purification of Mitra. This is so far the best tree among priests. So they can use general to strengten up other stats like armor/protection, self-heal or dps.

-> A good magical spell coefficient : so they don't have to stack magic damage to be efficient. Most of the most deadly/unkillable PoM doesn't play with much t4 gear or stay with pvp t2/t3 one and still doing 3K+ searing eye. Thoses who play with T4 gear can stack up defensive accessories like Death Ward+AoK ring and PvP necklace/cloak and still doing very good with their damage output.

-> CC's. AoE CC's, Aoe cc's that can stack (repulse+repudiate), Cc's with auto recharge (LtP) Instant CC's (LtP). MMh, did i mention Cc's ?

-> Innate stuff :
    * Bubble. This is great advantage since other priests have to get their bubble in their end-tree feat, wasting points in crap feats for that and therefore can't get any general feat.
    Oh, and you can feat it (in vengeance tree ofc) to make it instant or better cd.
    * Armor of Faith. Toggle innate armor buff. If you stack enough protection (pvp armor/weapons, pve rings, AA, wisdom), you can forget it against sins or necros.
    * Litany of protection. Not imba ofc but still innate free stuff they got with revamp (ok toses got uber innate lsparks with their owns, replacing Degradation of Set lolz)
    Go kill a conq..if you manage to kill him..(i mean decent conq in pvp)..Come back here and tell me you killed him...

Quote Originally Posted by ieronymous View Post
    Go kill a conq..if you manage to kill him..(i mean decent conq in pvp)..Come back here and tell me you killed him...
    i don't understand the relation between the thread and your answer, should go post it in the conq section or one of the pvp threads about conqs.

Default ..

i don't understand the relation between the thread and your answer, should go post it in the conq section or one of the pvp threads about conqs.
    You said pom is overpowered.You said it or not??I posted a question for you..answer it..and dont play smart with me..Forums are free for all..i will post wherever and whenever i like..!!!!

Wow these EU peeps are easy to get worked up......bring on the merge!!!!
    People just don't want to invest time in an MMO. A true showing of ADD. I think AOC isn't a game for you if you just want to start out at max levels. You should try star wars, Call of Duty, AION, or any of the other instant gratification games.

MMh yes i said it, i even try to explain it. Yes, i'm a fool, i try to argue on an AoC forums. I expected some answers from PoM's agreeing or disagreeing partially on my analysis, but eh. I'm not surprised.

But i still don't see your point with that mighty killing conq quest to prove your valor. Really. If you can elaborate a little.

However, this idea should be in a suggestion thread : " New PvP quest rewarding for killing a good conq in PvP". Reward should be epic, ofc.

Hey Tofha, I'd like to check your claim about magic damage coefficients being so much better on the POM because I'm not sure for example ToS's coeffs are that much worse (there is a thread in ToS section that claims a 30% coef for most spells which is really not too shabby). That'll be when I'm back from holidays (if I survive the boars of course).

Also the main buff from the revamp consisted (iirc) in adding Litany of Protection, in making Searing eye + instant smite more accessible in vengeance and a more accessible fast condemnation in divinity, thereby freeing some feat points ; the other main changes I can think of are health tap in early divinity and the merge of imperil and rebuke. Most damage buffing feats were nerfed actually if I recall correctly (crit chance and crit damage bonuses of spells, feated damage bonus on repulse).
    -- Ieronon, QQror --
    -- Deutter, holy potato --

Veng-gen PoM is overpowered cause it gains the best priest revamp of 2012 and it was before already a good class.

Some reasons :

-> Decent vengeance tree : With only 40 to 45 feats points you can have many many good dps feats like Searing eye of mitra, Immortal Wrath or Purification of Mitra. This is so far the best tree among priests. So they can use general to strengten up other stats like armor/protection, self-heal or dps.

-> A good magical spell coefficient : so they don't have to stack magic damage to be efficient. Most of the most deadly/unkillable PoM doesn't play with much t4 gear or stay with pvp t2/t3 one and still doing 3K+ searing eye. Thoses who play with T4 gear can stack up defensive accessories like Death Ward+AoK ring and PvP necklace/cloak and still doing very good with their damage output.

-> CC's. AoE CC's, Aoe cc's that can stack (repulse+repudiate), Cc's with auto recharge (LtP) Instant CC's (LtP). MMh, did i mention Cc's ?

-> Innate stuff :
    * Bubble. This is great advantage since other priests have to get their bubble in their end-tree feat, wasting points in crap feats for that and therefore can't get any general feat.
    Oh, and you can feat it (in vengeance tree ofc) to make it instant or better cd.
    * Armor of Faith. Toggle innate armor buff. If you stack enough protection (pvp armor/weapons, pve rings, AA, wisdom), you can forget it against sins or necros.
    * Litany of protection. Not imba ofc but still innate free stuff they got with revamp (ok toses got uber innate lsparks with their owns, replacing Degradation of Set lolz)
    1. ToS is OP

2. You are listing a bunch of stuff from different feat trees that cant be feated together.

3. "other priests have to get their bubble in their end-tree feat, wasting points in crap feats for that and therefore can't get any general feat." - The problem is other classes' feat trees then? ToSes have a healing bubble with no negative effects, so they arent 100% comparable are they?

4. With full Bori gear, you will rarely see 3k MSE crits on other than demos with demonic heart or PvP < 5 / blue geared players.

5. "Doing very good" with T4 gear = OP?

6. ToS is OP
    Jou ppl need to undstand that it took great skill to play the Ranjor.please stop qq bout ranjor.

Quote Originally Posted by Iyon View Post
    1. ToS is OP
    Yes, we tos are doing 20/1 each minis like Chevrette :o

2. I've listed veng&gen feats and innate stuffs, nothing from div.

3. "The problem is other classes' feat trees then?" Yep, like i said, if only others priests revamp was the same quality as the PoM one.

"ToSes have a healing bubble with no negative effects, so they arent 100% comparable are they?". Why not since we have the same goal in mini therefore the same attention from rogues&mages.

I don't want to compare bubble stats by stats, positive effects vs negative effects, since it will entertain the "tos vs pom" war which i don't care.

4. I'm not blue geared but took a 2K7 mse 10 min ago from a german pvp t2/t3 pom.

5. PoM power have nothing related to pve t4 gear.

6. Ok for last time, why you want absolutly going in that childish PoM vs ToS forum war ?

Is the class i'm playing in my forum profile is wrong ? I can remove it if it makes things better, i can even replace it by PoM. I'm just thinking, why PoM players never talk about the current situation of their class ? Is their class perfectly balanced then ?

I would prefer that since i'm getting trolled hard for wanting to elaborate things about the PoM, in a thread created only to rant(even if its my PoV and i'm not pro PoM either, but since no Pom have started it, someone have to do this)

Nevermind, I just understand you guys doesn't want to talk about your class. Let's continue with unconstructive rage posts, jokes and ranting about PoM like it started, sorry for wanting to dismiss that.
    Last edited by Bibik; 11th September 2013 at 12:33.

Come on, was that a rage post? I even added a smiley to avoid people concluding that! And dont start with name-calling (childish) if you want to keep things contructive.

The reason a character achieves a score of 20-1 in a mini, a pug mini, mind you, have you considered it possibly being due to other reasons than class imbalance?

Chevrette is good, may not have been focused a lot that mini (not enough at least), may ha ve gotten good support when he was focused and he is playing a strong class.

Do you really mean that Kill to death score is a good measure of class balance? (Edit: It's ok if you do, btw. I just want to clarify, and am not raging at all)
    Last edited by Iyon; 11th September 2013 at 13:49.
    Jou ppl need to undstand that it took great skill to play the Ranjor.please stop qq bout ranjor.

Ive seen every class in this game go 20 and 1 or 20 and 0 for that matter. This means they are all OP and every class in the game should get nerfed!

PoM bubble might not need feats to get it but it is one of the only bubbles with negative effects associated with it.

Most of your arguments for being OP could be raised about any class if you pick and choose their cheese moves.

I would suggest learning to play better instead of crying about PoMs. They can be controlled pretty easily but if left unchecked can be beast mode in a skilled players hands. Sounds pretty balanced to me. Not to mention you dont see tons of PoMs doing fantastic in PvP like sins, rangers and a few others that one shot you.

If instant repulse is OP then I shouldnt be getting one shotted at half my life bar from one button of a ranger.

*edit* if you think his post was trolling you have a long way to go. I suggest you be constructive instead of acting like a 2 year old who is butt hurt. Cmon man.
    Last edited by lonetac; 13th September 2013 at 18:06.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12