No Local Travel
    Forever Raidleader
    --
    Ellesar lvl80 Conq // Ellessar lvl80 Guard // Lesar lvl80 DT
    Shurriken lvl80 Sin // Sleeperson lvl80 Ranger // Killtacular lvl80 Barb
    Persefonna lvl80 Necro // Catharsis lvl80 Demo // Spitfiree lvl80 HoX
    Yinward lvl80 BS // Electrifying lvl80 ToS // Pominho lvl80Pom
    Cunningblade lvl 80 Conq

Limit the times you can die in open world (both PvP and PvE).

Let's say, if you die more than 7 times, you are out of the race.

Maybe make Tortage an exception.

Last edited by nikepilas; 6th September 2013 at 13:26.

Reward everyone who participates in some meaningful way. If it's just a "race" and the 1st of each class to finish are the only ones rewarded, most won't do it. Only the geeks who play 15 hours a day will have a chance. Most of us won't even get past 30 or 40 on our normal schedules. And a lot of people will just stay at 19/39 (if pvp XP doesn't gain character levels), so they can do minis.

Give every subscriber a free character slot to participate. Many long time players don't have an open slot to create a new toon.

Make account-wide rewards for every participant. Buff pots, vanity gear, FC points, whatever. This will only be a distraction for many, but if they can get, say, the 5% constitution buff pots or the combat rating/magic dmg potions, they'll do it.

Make rewards expand with each level/pvp level that a player gains. The further they get, the more they're rewarded. Like a stack of rez pots or some such for every 5 levels, some special Vanity helm or cloak at level 25, etc.

I disagree with the "disable quests" comments, because some of the fun will be stopping others from doing quests, or stealing their quest mob.

Make the XP gain from any pvp much higher than normal.

Give the winners something memorable, like an in game NPC or free year sub or something.

Launch the server in conjunction with the introduction of T4 pvp armor. Would get a lot of people interested in pvp again.

When you have everyone distracted with the Race, prepare for the new launch of the Palace of Cetris T5!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nikepilas View Post
    Limit the times you can die in open world (both PvP and PvE).

Let's say, if you die more than 7 times, you are out of the race.

Maybe make Tortage an exception.

We are trying to boost PVP not have everyone too scared to die.....

Back on subject, killing players should have a chance at dropping PVP items. The higher PVP level the better the item. This way we do not have to fight mobs for gear we just fight other players. Maybe make the items BOE so we can trade or sell them on the trader.

I would like to see a pure pvp environment. The only thing I want to have to do to gain "pve" levels is do minis or open world PVP. All gear should be obtained from people I kill.

Also lets try out some pvp quests.

Knockback someone in the lava in lost temple = challenge.

Kill 20 people in 1 day = challenge.

Comeback challenge, save someone death by big heal or cc, that person below 35% and gains back to 100 due to heals or CCs assists.

Highest heal points per mini = challenge

Highest DPS per mini = challenge

Most flag caps

Most kills

Most flag defends..

ECT I think you get the point..

Please consider this as this has been such a huge request of mine for a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellesaar View Post
    No Local Travel
    This is actually a good one. I know people use the fast travel to avoid PVP

Guild race:
    - first 1 which builds and holds T3 battle keep for 1 month wins a title "unstoppable". Quite like some day on pl-ru 2E server where russian guild won special item.

Quote Originally Posted by PunkJiuJitsu View Post
    We are trying to boost PVP not have everyone too scared to die.....

How is that an assassin can boldly attack a big group of players? Because he will kill someone even if he dies too. In other words, dying has no consequences.

In my opinion, in a PVE/PVP environment race, dying should have consequences.

Of course if PVE quests are removed and only PVP activities are left in the open world, that's another story.

Also limiting lives makes fightclubbing not an option anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by nikepilas View Post
    How is that an assassin can boldly attack a big group of players? Because he will kill someone even if he dies too. In other words, dying has no consequences.

In my opinion, in a PVE/PVP environment race, dying should have consequences.

Of course if PVE quests are removed and only PVP activities are left in the open world, that's another story.

Also limiting lives makes fightclubbing not an option anymore.

Makes zero sense. Most players would be out the first day, and you'd wind up with a handful of players left. Hardly creates interest in an event.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillee View Post
    you'd wind up with a handful of players left.

I am not sure what the "Hyborian race" is about. If it is focused in pvp levels and pvp open world, then limiting lifes is no good idea.

But if the race is PVE centered in an PVP environment, it makes sense. It can become an "eliminating survival race", Hunger games style.

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

(Quote used in the "Conan the Barbarian" film from 1982).

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast