Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Merge and Characters with the same name

Quote Originally Posted by Barbotine View Post
    It should be like that :

-Is the character on a still active account?
    -If both characters are on a still active account, the one created first keeps his name.

I hope I'm wrong and I just didn't understand correctly the : "so 3 month recurring over 1 month recurring".

So what do you think ?
    Imagine someone created a character "Barbotine" in 2008 one day before you, leveled to 80 but then pauses game for 4 years and now playes F2P. Maybee he will leave next month AoC for ever. Result: You will never get your name Barbotine, even if you paid "until the cow comes home".

You will never find a solution that fits for all, but the subscription is a measure for Funcom to rely on.
    I would even suggest to have a look on the expire date of the subsricption if both subscriptions have the same time base (instead of the last login). In this case you might think of renewing your subscription if it will end in the next few weeks/months, which means cash for Funcom.
    Ich ignoriere die Beiträge von Zatochi und gehe daher nicht auf sie ein!

"Ich besteh ja zu 90% aus Ellenbogen und 10% Herz... Und Gehirn natürlich... nochmal 30, 40%. Durchsetzen - mit Charme und Köpfchen!"
    [Stromberg]

Das bin ICH!(That´s ME!) Meine Videos: Ein Tag in KhemiEin Tag in ConarchOutside Khemi

Funcom uses the type of subscription as a way of rewarding those who have faith with Funcom and are in for the long-haul. If you are subscribed with Funcom in full 1 year intervals, it shows you aren't going anywhere. They reward that with trying to insure you get to keep your name, since you are the more loyal customer.

Funcom's stated criteria for determining who gets to keep a name...

- Is the character on a still active account?
    - If several characters of the same name are all from active accounts, the one with the higher level will keep his name.
    - If merged characters have the same level, the one from an account which is registered on a longer time base will keep the name (so 3 month recurring over 1 month recurring).
    - If characters are from accounts with the same subscription recurring time, the last login will decide which one keeps the name.

These are largely based on activity and intention to continue being active in AoC. Not necessarily a way to 'fear' people into buying a subscription.

If Funcom were to add additional criteria, it would be more consistent to compare time played (/played) before date of creation (/born), as /played would show activity in AoC and the AoC community more than the /born date.

Doing so would allow someone who, for example, created their main in 2010 and played it a lot to not lose their name to some toon at launch that wasn't to the liking of the player and turned into a mule/bank toon and largely logged on only to collect mail or send mats to other toons. I'd say losing a name on a main to someone's alchemy mats storage toon would be a larger injustice.
    Last edited by Amabala; 6th September 2013 at 15:03.

Yeah I guess you're right it's not that bad...
    Gonna need to upgrade my subscription then xD

thanks for you answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Scythie View Post
    It won't happen like that though. First they measure when the toon was made. An older toon on an active account keeps the name.
    And WHAT exactly have you been smoking???

First of all, the age of the character has NEVER EVER in ANY of the merges performed over the entire lifetime of the game been done that way. And I should know as I have been through all of the merges performed in the EU.

Second - you should learn to read:

The criterias where listed as follows:

-Is the character on a still active account?
    -If several characters of the same name are all from active accounts, the one with the higher level will keep his name.
    -If merged characters have the same level, the one from an account which is registered on a longer time base will keep the name (so 3 month recurring over 1 month recurring).
    -If characters are from accounts with the same subscription recurring time, the last login will decide which one keeps the name.
    The other(s) will be prompted a message at the first attempt to log in with that character stating that a new name must be given to this character."

Now - can you tell me WHERE exactly it said ANYTHING about the age of the character being relevant?

What was that? You can't you say? Oh THAT'S right... cause it's NOT there.
    Last edited by Norolin; 8th September 2013 at 00:56.

Thumbs up

Funcom should just wipe all player names and let us name our toons upon login after merge is done.
    Nojoda pvp 10 Barb
    Pooba pvp 10 Pom
    Elosso pvp 10 BS
    Kotech pvp 10 DT
    Deeky pvp 8 Necro
    Beefstikk pvp 10 Guard
    Beefchief pvp 10 Conq
    Denoid pvp 8 Ranger
    Mousecop pvp 9 Hox

The last login criteria is idiotic, as it forces players who have been paying your salaries for 5 years to sit and flood with logins, just before merge -to up the chance one keeps a 5 year old nick and its street credit.

And if someone who just bought the 1 year sub, 1 min before and logged in while one flood-logged the rest of the toons -s€rewed.

GJ Funcom!

Since this has been the policy for every server merge in AoC's history. People have had their complaints about it and it's never changed.

As much as you want to disagree/discuss, there's really no point since the FAQ are out and won't change. Closing out this thread since the policies are what they are.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12