Thread: update 4.1.2 - which road FC is heading??

Thumbs down update 4.1.2 - which road FC is heading??

with the update 4.1.2 we again have an update to nerf items stats which some players complained about on forums. mostly for being "supposedly overpowered". while in general it is good to fix things fast the AoC code has the nasty habit of being very fragile to such. As a result we again have more lags than before just for lowering a few stats on less than a handful of items. is that worth it?
    in my books: NO, not at all!

Today I read the game directors letter for august:
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel
    ...Apart from a few loot items which managed to slip their budgets and had to be slapped back into regular constraints...
    whoever is responsible for the numbers in 4.1.1 nerfed a 2handed weapon to the ground from +176 mgc dmg to +76 mgc dmg giving it less mgc dmg than a 1handed talisman. whether the +176 mgc dmg is too high or not is not mypoint here. the point is that the "corrected number" of +76 mgc dmg for a 2handed weapon is far too low and in no way within "regular constraints"!
    Just so you know why I think whoever thought +76 mgc dmg was an adequate value should get a severe slap on the head:
    -Bitterfost, blue lvl80 staff from atzels - +101 mgc dmg
    -Obliteratus, blue lvl80 staff from atzels - 55 mgc dmg + 80 int which equals around 103 mgc dmg
    -Chrystallite, blue lvl72 staff +88 mgc dmg
    I could go on with more examples of staffs aquired in much much easier dungeons than coils of ubah kan but I think you catch the drift.

Correcting item stats that are too high or low is ok but just cutting down numbers to get it done with and making the item less valuable than lower tiers or rushing it and bringing back severe issues like increased lag is not the way to go!

I agree.

The staff and talisman are now below the power of lower tier items, and much less powerful than the other weapons dropped there.

I repeat: look at the assassin dagger. I'm thinking about replacing a T3 damage dagger with it for my offhand.

agree with OP.
    There is a big difference between "nerfing" and "destroying". I fail to see the logic behind the balancing of the weapons in coils.

On testlive forums, a developer said that they havent been good enough with itemization in their last releases, and from now on they will make sure that the newest dungeons had loot that gave players incentive to go there. Still you go ahead and do nerfs like this. I dont get it.

Agree, Funcom nerf weapons too fast, hard dungeon must have worth reward.

Regarding the dagger: Used as an offhand, it give more crit and more DPS than the famous T2 quest dagger, which is usually seen as the best offhand dagger before T3/T4.

Yeah the amount they nerfed these items was extremely over board. Coils is a fun dungeon, but interest is already diminishing and those blue weapons were a nice incentive. As long as they weren't more powerful than t4, they are fine.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

People are forgetting that more goes into an items budget than pure dps stats. While at item may have lower Magic damage than other blues, it probably has higher other stats. The staff in question still has +200 protection, +99 Critical Rating, +119 Critical damage Rating, among a little bit of other things. This makes it more balanced, if not necessarily in the way you would have preferred.

It all goes back to how people don't understand the use of alternate gear sets that focus on different stats. Everyone seems to just want more dps. Maybe Funcom should make some dps sets which have only Combat Rating/Magic damage on them, at higher values than any other set (+20% or more), but with 0 other stats, would that make you happy?

A staff with protection, but without any con/HP on it is hardly useful. If you need protection as a caster (which is rare), you probably also need HP.

If there really was a defensive armor or weapon set for wizards, with lots of HP, armor and protection, I'd very much welcome that. But this is not what coils is giving us.

The rewards are still a bit too powerful. Funcom fixed everything but the BS and HoX weapons.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.