Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Director Letter – August 2013

Wow I honestly don't know why Joel even respons to this thread. All you do is attack him as if that might somehow change any of is answers.

"oh now that you've asked me 100 times I can give you the exact date for the merger..."

I'd rather he tells me little but it's realistic than a bunch of crap I may want to hear but will never happen.

I for one think they are doing a good job with the very limited resources they got.
    Pontuz - HoX
    Ponthus - Demo
    Pondtus - DT
    + plenty of alts like everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by Radek87 View Post
    Well, that post is from last week regarding the merges happening this week. I'm asking if they are happening next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    4. You have been told. Multiple times. Minigame in Dragonspine, Unchained Minigames. Great Hyborian Race. General fixes as we have time and see fit. That you expect more is fine, but that is what we have on our worklist.
    So those are the only thing you have planned for pvp.

You have absolutely no plans whatsoever for any new game systems.
    Nothing in long term plans, nothing at the drawing board or brainstorm stage? Just these 3 things.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by PunkJiuJitsu View Post
    To me it is simple. If you want open world PVP, unchained minis and gear not to matter. Put unchained minis on the NEW server so people will reroll on that server and pvp at all levels and not have to worry about the PVE grind. PvP should give just as much XP if not more XP as quests. This would allow us to PVP and level at the same time. Sieges should be able to take place without building a t3 city. Because farming rocks does not appeal to PVPers. We are here for the competitions and nonstop action of adversity against real people. Not mobs and rocks.

If unchained minis are on the new server people will be more accepting to rerolling because all of that "hard work" won't matter because gear won't matter and it will be based on player skill.

Open world PVP will be the time to see your characters gear play a role but PVE gear in PVP still needs to be addressed.

Also, PVP gear needs more options. I want armor to choose from just like in pve. Maybe I want an evade set or a crit set, or a high critigation set to defend against someone using the crit set. 3 different tiers of armor that only off protection vs casters is not enough.

I want to mix and match my pvp gear that is made for pvp. Not mix and match my pve gear for pvp. You said so your self adjusting stats is easy. Take the same gear skins or some old ones and adjust them to have different stats. That alone would make me happy camper.
    They could easily convert the existing B&G servers into this. Give the option for one or two months of free transfers OUT. Then remove the pve instances OR allow full pvp in them (first will be better).

And without much effort you will have your pvp test server where "reputation matters" and where you could implement unchained minigames, consequence systems, arenas etc..

The other servers can follow the model "decide what you want now" and offer the choice between pvp and pve instances, just according to mood. Of course you can implement things not linked to gameplay (like unchained minis) right away and then introduce the successfully implemented changes from the pure pvp server here as well for the pvp instances.

Two server models...easily expandable too, should they decide to expand into europe, africa, australia and asia again.

I fear the Great Hyborian race will not end up as pvp content...even if funcom defines it such.
    If you know the pvp servers, it is easy to predict which kind of player will win. Congratulations.
    On a positive note, it will unmask those who think getting an 80 now in 2 weeks is easy...

A few questions:
    - Will there be a char limit on the temporary server?
    - Will there be a difference between premium and f2p (like the bonus AA per level)?
    - Will the server be physically located in the US as well?
    - How do you want to limit access to instances as stated in the letter? (e.g. no sanctum or no khitai or no villas etc.)
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 5th September 2013 at 15:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    That's a lie Sieges where never consensual PvP. It's still one guild attacking an other imposing the attack.
    When full PvP guild forced Two allied PvE guild to siege every two day it wasn't consensual and not that appreciated. I'm not talking about farming them in sieges. But they wanted to gear up in BRC instead of sieging.
    sounds like they didnt deserve to own a battlekeep given they werent willing to fight for it instead doing t2 was more desirable.

you own a battlekeep you set the timewindow when it can be atacked.
    you cannot hide if people want to atack; you can only choose the time.
    those rules are very good and fair and promote consensual pvp.
    if you or your guild prefer to battle t2 pve bosses or players questing instead of sieging then dont come say sieges arent the ultimate pvp chalenge because they are and was place where good war tactics and player performance ment the most.
    yeah some guilds would put timer for insain hours to prevent atacks quite cowardly, but it didnt realy prevent siege happening just diminished atacker/defendor numbers.

to bad they arent fixed and given actual pvp rewards so they happen more often.

there are more reasons for fury sieges to be horrible and it aint just demos stacking, but ofc discussing it openly will lead only to a ban and never to an actual ban of people responsible for it.

i can only hope they fix pvp gear so its good for all classes to use in pvp when they address pvp gear, hoping for new content is a lost cause and further more hoping for simple bug fixes an utopia.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

I'm for the most part a PVE player, I do PVP from time to time but that's very occasional.

But I have to admit that I'm a bit hyped by the Hyborian Race concept. It sounds really nice, and even if I know that I don't stand a chance to be in the top 10 of whatever I don't care, I just want to try it.

Obviously, this isn't a sustainable way to bring PVP back to life, but the idea sure is cheap in term of ressource, and damn I think it's a good event.

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    http://vimeo.com/72181117
    you gave it already a remodled t1 boss dropping crap loot making pve'rs run around trying to kill it while pvp'ers stalked pve'rs.
    This is a really sad video

Funcom definitely should watch it and ask themselves, if that is the pvp they intend to boost.
    I am not judging the ganker here, but if one player can interrupt the objectives of one full raid and in the end he turns victorious, having fun...while dozens others get annoyed and murderer...i guess something is wrong with the design.
    I am not saying that he should not be able to do that, but the consequences should be different (victims could get a careless victim renown or swarm fighter renown and the assasin a ruthless and daring renown with criminal).

And to those thinking world bosses are pvp content...how many of those in the raid actually bothered fighting the sin (who was fighting in the open and easily trackable by rangers)?
    Which one of the pve reward focused crowd bothered with pvp?
    Might be due to the cutting of the video...but i only saw them slaughtered...they even stayed prone on horse/mutant back in an open pvp zone...
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 5th September 2013 at 15:28.

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post
    So those are the only thing you have planned for pvp.

You have absolutely no plans whatsoever for any new game systems.
    Nothing in long term plans, nothing at the drawing board or brainstorm stage? Just these 3 things.
    You go out of your way to be a complete douche. I don't know why he'd even bother to respond to you.

this is all we need on B&G

Quote Originally Posted by Krixus View Post
    Imagine this..

All Dungeons and Raids are switched off or locked or w/e

Apart from pre 80 dungeons and the normal level 80 old world dungeons.

Best gear you can get from PVE is T0 blues/Epic Kesh etc.

----------------------------------------------------

When creating a character you have a choice of starting at the following level ranges.

Switch of AAs
    If not possible, each level 80 gets a maxed out AA tree or enough points to max it out.

pvpers will not race to 80 - they will stay at around 20-50 lvl at most till all the pvers grind there way to 80

Proof is Deathwish i know alot of players who would love to come to DW but it wont happen unless they get pl. Can u imagine asking raiders to pvp for 2 hours before they do 30 min of pve? this pretty much what is done to the pvp community.

There has been alot of easy to fix ideas to fix the Real B&G server and i never seen one post of anything like this. where did this idea come from?

PLease scrap this idea and look at ways to improve Deathwish-rage
    this is just more pve uhhhhggggg

- And also Did you know why Player A prefers Dw over Tyranny - No Guards. To be honest if you removed the Guards from tyranny we wouldnt need B&G. Its not the extra rules sets on there becouse noe one cares about anything but no guards...and this is true
    Last edited by Twopay; 5th September 2013 at 16:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    This is a really sad video
    I thought it was awesome. They're on a pvp server. Why would they not expect to get attacked? All they had to do was make a raid and dispense with anyone poaching them.

What was sad was the people who realized they were being attacked, yet kept targeting the boss instead of the sin who was killing them.

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast