Thread: Mouse cursor

Default Mouse cursor

Sorry mods if this is not posted in the correct sub section but I'll try here. First of all my computer knowledge is not that good and second of all my eyes are not what they used to be. My googling "skills" also came up with nothing useful.

So my question is if there is any easy way to change the color and/or size of the mouse cursor? Sometimes I just loose it on the screen and can't click stuff in time which is annoying not only for me, but my fellow group and raid members. Probably l2p issues from my side but I at least have to ask if there is any chance of changing the cursor to a more standout thing on my screen.

Thanks in advance.
    Retired

/signed for FINALLY a better cursor..

ffs game is almost 98% a grey/brown/dark enviroment,give us an UI option to alter the colors of the cursor. i know theres a mod that replaces default with some modified with colors,but again,im using default ui since 2008,and i don't want to messed up with mods and .dll's.. -.-

I searched and searched for this very same solution a few years ago and there was nothing, just like today.
    5+ years people have asked for this, hundreds of times. A super simple fix too. I think everyone just gave up on Funcom ever doing anything with their crumby UI, including that hard to find blends in with the background tiny mouse cursor we got.
    And yes, 5+ years later and I still lose my cursor, or the cursor is hovering over an invisible targets target and then when you click and move your mouse you drag that targets target off your screen to be lost.
    Meh, I've gone on venting about FC long enough today. FC will not change the cursor. Hundreds of requests from hundreds of people and still we get what we got.

-Funcom is what Funcom does.

-Now I'll be like FC and go play some other game for today!
    Hooray me!

Yeah agree. And I still have more trouble to click on a target to select it than in any other game. Don't know why it is like that.

It's a pain to select a moving target.

Ok, the answer to your question is YES you can change the mouse curser, however you can only do it AFTER the patcher has run as every time you change it the patcher is setup to change it / download the originals. Now if the devs would exclude them / make an option NOT to replace that would be awesome. There used to be a mouse pack on the net for different colours, I had mine set to red as I kept getting the grey lost in boarders and crap. Just stopped be because it was annoying to replace every single time.

Easiest thing to do is take the existing and use paint to change colour, then copy back after patcher (or make a batch file that does it for you after patcher)

Default mouse cursers are located at
    Age of Conan\Data\Gui\Default\gfx\MousePointers

More detail can be had
    http://forums-us.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=176647

Also I believe the Stonerune 2.5.4 zip has a mousepointer directory, don't know if its actually used.

Just verified, the stonerune pack changes the regular mouse curser arrow to a silver white, a lot brighter and more noticeable. Other icons are also brighter. Patcher still replaces with the crap old icons however and does not accept mouse cursers from the custom folder
    Last edited by Vaere; 4th September 2013 at 23:21.