Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Funcom: The "what were you thinking" Post

I read what quantanomad wrote and i find several things disturbing.

First, joining the best guild you can find has nothing to do with that best guild being the one raiding the highest tier or raid.
    Guildies are the ones you can play with, not the ones having the most developed characters.
    So if your guild mates can't even be bothered to run old dungeons or low level ones, if all they do is farming T4 and that's it, then i'm sorry to say you joined the worst guild possible.

Second, the issues you encounter have nothing to do with the game itself.
    If it was related to the game, then the same situation would occur on Crom for instance.
    It does not.

All in all, it's sad to hear that newbies have such a hard time in some servers, but hopefully this situation will be over when the merge happens.
    Just wait for it, join Crom, and play with people here.

Quote Originally Posted by quantanomad View Post
    NO! I won't pay for PvP gear or boost pot on TOP of the $15 I pay.
    You can buy XP books in Cimmerian End with ingame money.
    You recieve something like 200 funcom points each month for being subbed (a pot only costs like 18pts no need for extra money).

Quote Originally Posted by quantanomad View Post
    Most of you guys really don't have any idea how incredibly frustrating this game is for a fresh 80. No gear, no AA, no PvP rank and hence can't get any gear, or AA or PvP rank.
    With the current systeme granting 79 AA points for for levelling you hit level 80 with enough AA points to get the needed AA to do HMs and a bit more depending on the class (rogues being at a disadvantage)
    Gear wise i know no one does it anymore, but buying cultural gear and various crafted sets can bring you fast up to speed to either off-tank/tank decently or have good enough DPS.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

My favorite part about this thread are all the chest beaters claiming that AoC is hard. I haven't come across a single themepark game yet that is remotely hard. This game is just as easy-mode as WoW.

The GAME isn't hard, what's hard is trying to find 5 or 23 other players that have enough brain cells to click the right icon at the right moment. Since this game can't even dredge up 1/20th of the players that WoW has, then this task is much more difficult as the pool of smart people among the window lickers is much smaller.

But then again, I've been playing EVE for eight years, so not much else is all that challenging anymore. AoC is an enjoyable diversion with good graphics and no elves, but hardcore? lol, sure.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234