Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Funcom: The "what were you thinking" Post

Default Lfg etc

First ill admit ive not actually played the game much for a good while, mostly due rl time constraints.
    I played aoc alot a few years back and leveled several chars to 80.
    Amazing gameplay and atmosphere, tho one thing kinda annoyed me;
    having to Spam LFG to join a group. But overall ive had tons of fun in AOC.

Then in a weak moment i subbed a wow account ( since been unsubbed for a long time now).
    One feature really prevented me as a played from getting bored; the auto join group thru that teleports you to the instance when group slots are filled.
    Unless im missing a feature in aoc this automation of joining groups
    Is in my mind a major sellingpoint.

AOC would benefit greatly from this.

Imho.

Quote Originally Posted by iudexinferi View Post
    First ill admit ive not actually played the game much for a good while, mostly due rl time constraints.
    I played aoc alot a few years back and leveled several chars to 80.
    Amazing gameplay and atmosphere, tho one thing kinda annoyed me;
    having to Spam LFG to join a group. But overall ive had tons of fun in AOC.

Then in a weak moment i subbed a wow account ( since been unsubbed for a long time now).
    One feature really prevented me as a played from getting bored; the auto join group thru that teleports you to the instance when group slots are filled.

Imho.
    On a pve server, the wow way would save time and be more efficient. On a pvp server, it would eliminate the danger and thrill of getting to your destination.

Remember, not all servers, players, or games, want to be wow...
    Last edited by Loaf-of-Evil; 3rd September 2013 at 19:52.

Quote Originally Posted by iudexinferi View Post

Imho.
    They have it in TSW - you also get the dungeon quest automatically. Dunno if the games differ so greatly they couldn't do the same for AoC.

there was a time when some people opposed having an auction house in an MMO, preferring spamming in the trade channel or opening up little player stalls. they argued that an auction house kills the sense of community. But the benefits that an AH brings far outweigh these drawbacks.
    The exact thing can be said for the cross server dungeon finder tool.Most prominent MMOs already has it. Most players seem to love it. How long are we going to bash WoW instead of admitting that this is a feature that should've been in the game a long time ago? If you still want to spam LFG once dungeon finder is implemented, no one is stopping you.

Ringofset, there is already one: people can mark themselves as "LFG", and one can search for them in the LFG tool already available in the game (I usually whisper people).
    Other than that, picking people is better, as Age of Conan requires, much to our delight, a specific combination of levels, classes, gear, and experience, which can be easily picked out of the crowd by a group leader.
    With the automated LFG tool implemented, 99% of groups will fail at the easiest dungeons (a failure includes people leaving, undergeared people, or wrong class-experience combinations (as in, 2 inexperienced tanks, for example)).
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 4th September 2013 at 04:43.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Fair points Asylum, but wouldnt it be nice to have both the fully automatic instance function AND if you want to pick spesific people
    you can ignore the auto method.

When I leveled I often used the auto. Sometimes with fail tanks (as healer that just forced me to be more efficient). More often than not we got thru eventually, using fails as learning expirience.
    And sometimes I joined up with friends only groups and crushed the instances nice and coherently.

I dont see why AOC wouldnt give the player the option.
    Its more userfriendly and would most likely retain more population.
    It doesnt dumb the game down either (except the travel issue on pvp server).

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Ringofset, there is already one: people can mark themselves as "LFG", and one can search for them in the LFG tool already available in the game (I usually whisper people).
    Other than that, picking people is better, as Age of Conan requires, much to our delight, a specific combination of levels, classes, gear, and experience, which can be easily picked out of the crowd by a group leader.
    With the automated LFG tool implemented, 99% of groups will fail at the easiest dungeons (a failure includes people leaving, undergeared people, or wrong class-experience combinations (as in, 2 inexperienced tanks, for example)).
    Here's my experience when I hit 80 with my conq last month.
    Spend hour and a half spamming LFG to get into a "Lowbie"80 dungeon while grinding faction>can't find anyone who'd want to do those anymore>find a few groups that are doing K6 hard mode>Can't get into those since I'm not geared enough>PvP mini pops>get crushed by R8 ppl while I'm R2>get ONE (read it, ONE) percent pvp xp towards next level>try to get into a raid>Won't take me since I need at least full T3>Rinse and Repeat!
    Maybe once a week I get into a T1 raid. YAY!
    Before handing out those advice (heard them so many times!): YES! I've joined one of the best guilds in the game; NO! they are running T5 and can't help me with lower dungeons atm; NO! I won't pay for PvP gear or boost pot on TOP of the $15 I pay.
    Most of you guys really don't have any idea how incredibly frustrating this game is for a fresh 80. No gear, no AA, no PvP rank and hence can't get any gear, or AA or PvP rank. Those magical guilds that help out lowbies gear up don't exist- looked for them for two months.
    A cross sherd dungeon finder won't solve most of these problems. But it might help - provided there are more new 80s out therewho didn't simply finally give up like me.
    P.S. I donno who this RingofSet dude is; but it's not me. I'm just a guy who really wanted to enjoy the game.
    Last edited by quantanomad; 5th September 2013 at 01:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    (hate that term casual).
    ouch lol

ur basically hating the world, entertainment is casual these days bud, not everyone collects welfare...

Quote Originally Posted by quantanomad View Post
    Here's my experience when I hit 80 with my conq last month.
    Spend hour and a half spamming LFG to get into a "Lowbie"80 dungeon while grinding faction>can't find anyone who'd want to do those anymore>find a few groups that are doing K6 hard mode>Can't get into those since I'm not geared enough>PvP mini pops>get crushed by R8 ppl while I'm R2>get ONE (read it, ONE) percent pvp xp towards next level>try to get into a raid>Won't take me since I need at least full T3>Rinse and Repeat!
    Maybe once a week I get into a T1 raid. YAY!
    Before handing out those advice (heard them so many times!): YES! I've joined one of the best guilds in the game; NO! they are running T5 and can't help me with lower dungeons atm; NO! I won't pay for PvP gear or boost pot on TOP of the $15 I pay.
    Most of you guys really don't have any idea how incredibly frustrating this game is for a fresh 80. No gear, no AA, no PvP rank and hence can't get any gear, or AA or PvP rank. Those magical guilds that help out lowbies gear up don't exist- looked for them for two months.
    A cross sherd dungeon finder won't solve most of these problems. But it might help - provided there are more new 80s out therewho didn't simply finally give up like me.
    P.S. I donno who this RingofSet dude is; but it's not me. I'm just a guy who really wanted to enjoy the game.
    totally agree with this guy

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    ouch lol

ur basically hating the world, entertainment is casual these days bud, not everyone collects welfare...
    He is not expressing his strong dislike towards individuals. He detests the misnomer itself.
    "Casual entertainment", as in poorly written books without an editor, TV "talent" and Big Brother shows, popular Bieber-gaga music, have been mass-oriented. We have the right to echew that, have we not? Yet, there are jewels of hope like Age of Conan among this rubbish; and we support and defend it against barbieberism.

Ringofset, the mergences are coming: Crom is almost devoid of the population-lacking aspect. We level by exploring every dungeon twice-thrice with normal groups. Fresh 80s can go anywhere! Rejoice!
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 5th September 2013 at 04:49.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast