Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Funcom: The "what were you thinking" Post

Well, nothing the op says is wrong, but I somehow dont think fc will change course now, 5 years after launch. It's the game for the few, which is good for the few I guess

If players like OP dont get along with AoC why cry about it, find another game that suits you.

AoC has bugs, PvP issues + slow content development and thats why it is loosing / not having as much customers as it had. NOT BECAUSE THE GAME IS TOO HARD / NOT CASUAL FRIENDLY (hate that term casual).

OP your diagnosis why is AoC in trouble is wrong, move on now there are the games that are easy for you, but remember you will face only more grind there, AoC is not grindy at all after the changes in Khitai, rethink your playing strategy and you will not need weeks/months for one piece of gear, you're doing it wrong m8, ask for suggestions on forums from players that have more experience, just dont start any more threads regarding this "issue" because in reality the problem is in players like you and your spoiled attitude, AoC is a game not work you're very wrong my friend.

OP = RingofSet's new forum account?

In any case, OP has a point regarding the grind. There's still too much of it for casuals, even though it has been reduced.

By contrast, I don't think that the difficulty level of some dungeons is a problem. AoC has had a mix of easy and hard dungeons since pre-expansion days. For example, Desumo wasn't exactly easy before protection AAs and T3 gear. Same for some bosses in Xibaluku and in particular for Xibaluku HM.

There's plenty of easy dungeons in Khitai which casuals can do. Some(Monastery and KK) were easy from the start, others (Chosain with the exception of Dugout) were nerfed to the point where they are easy to do with randoms.

Sure there's a problem with the speed at which new casual content is released - but that's true for hardcore content as well
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by quantanomad View Post

4. AoC is focused towards hardcore players. The game expects you to grind the same faction quests/dungeon/raid/battleground for a month just get one piece of gear (if you are lucky). A lot of the dungeons are too hard for gear level, pvp progression is too slow to become even remotely competitive for a fresh 80. For someone who has a full time job, AoC is not a game; it's work. Average players don't care about open world pvp or seige warfare - its always about who has the biggest numbers on their side. They also don't want to go through the nightmare known as leveling to 80 in AoC for two months just to play the actual game. Rule of thumb: if a feature was really something average MMORPG players wanted, WoW would've promoted it a long time ago.
    The game expects nothing from you. The only reason to gear up, in my opinion, is to acces to more content. But you can still do loads of stuff without having to have epics. All the old world instances, T1/T2 and all the NM and some HM. Still a lot of content to go through. It all depends on what you want from the game. For example, the "nightmare known as leveling" is something i don't get. It was a long time ago but i had a blast leveling up and discovering the game.
    Exploring, the lore, reading the quests dialogues and stuff, it was great.

But now the question is what do you want gear for ?!
    For PvE, besides high tear raiding (tanking) and a few HMs you don't need to be fully geared (and it's actually more challenging that way which shouldn't be a bad thing) to go through them.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    OP = RingofSet's new forum account?
    Yes, I think so. The writing style is similar.

Redd, yes, you are right. These days, "casual" is a misnomer.
    Being casual means nothing more other than devoting less time for playing (some hardcore players become casual and log on only for raids, but that does not change their playing or attitude much).
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 3rd September 2013 at 10:14.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Another thread?
    U r wasting ur time bro
    In near future we will hav final Merge between PvE servers
    After that the final merge
    I m amazed that FC as well as the forum posters cant see the writing on the wall
    Lack of MoA weapons hurts the game badly

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    For example, the "nightmare known as leveling" is something i don't get. It was a long time ago but i had a blast leveling up and discovering the game.
    Exploring, the lore, reading the quests dialogues and stuff, it was great.
    Yeah I loled when read that, leveling was really fun when everything was new with a lot of stuff to explore and learn your character.

Leveling in Connall's valley is a nightmare yeah... but for other MMO developers. They know they will never achieve to create place as amazing as this. And nothing can beat the music there.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Basically, he says that all people who bring income to the game do not visit forums, are below eighteen (judging by his saying that the game is too hardcore), and are reluctant on achieving or working on something, opting for some mindless shooter.
    I think he described the target audience for mobile phone "games" fairly well.
    I wasn't commenting the whole post, just one ridiculous sentence.

Vehl already elaborated on #4, just wanted to add that you don't need perfect gear to have a full functional toon. Even highest-end content can be done with some blue pieces if you're aware what is needed. Skill and coordination makes stuff easy and fast. And if you're really grinding, you have to be full epic in one month - otherwise you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by quantanomad View Post
    the nightmare known as leveling to 80 in AoC
    You're doing it wrong (bears repeating).

Also you're never gonna get that "average player" away from WoW so becoming yet another of its knockoffs is stupid.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast