Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Bring on that Monthly Letter

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    No, there isn't anything about crafting. However, if I manage to pull off one of my grand plans this week, I will post an update about crafting later this week just for you.
    geez, this sounds good for pvp grinding finally after pvp yay!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    The reason an fps pvp works and mmo pvp does not is because mmo is not a level playing field. A majority of people interested in mmos are there because they love progression. No one truly enjoys yag for the 100th time, as you said, no matter how big of a pve nut they are. People do it for the progressive aspect.

Gear/power progression and pvp just don't mix IMO.

The reason AOC failed is because they marketed it as a pvp game but really didn't do anything to satisfy the pvp crowd, while pve was extremely shallow up until khitai. By then it was too late. If this game came out as is with all the hype and fanfare a new release brings, it would be one of the most successful mmos out there.
    so make the gear stuff EQUAL only in PVP

give some kind of achievement rewards: i.e. pvp social gear which you can wear everywhere - i.e. every 5 000 kills, 100 flags capped or 50 minis won you are getting one part of 'achievement social gear' so even though we dont have k/d anymore ppl can clearly see- this guy got 50 k kills, this one won shitloads of minis, and this one is crazy flagbot. give rewards for premades - not rewards which are affecting power too much however but just a buff to aa gain for a guild.
    Yeah, that should definitely be in the game, and it should be here already.

I can already imagine a new special sword that looks cool for rangers with xxxx sword fatality.

Quote Originally Posted by Djeneraldraza View Post
    Now I know why PvP servers are dead...Why they just don't remove PvP and merge every server in one server?I do remember back at the begging in 2008 when Fancom told us this will be the best PvP game ever created was over 20 FULL servers but now when the game is PvE game we have ONLY one full PvE server....Look like Fancom pick rite direction going from PvP game to PvE !!!
    <1.04 it was the best pvp game on the market. You could lvl alts and pvp 24/7 while lvling. Gear didnt matter and soon as you hit 80 it was pvp time with all other 80 and you where all on pretty much same lvl.

A pvper wants to pvp and not much else. We would spend hours just pvping with no rewards or anything becouse we didnt need it. All we needed was pvp and we had just that with no pve gear chasing.

You could have 1 of every class and switch between them and not worry about gearing your toons to much but the basic and no AA. The gear you would get first would be epic khesh and guess what you had to pvp to get it..

I really enjoyed logging into my toon and pvp time. miss the good old days. Now I log in whether it be
    B&G - no pvp every one is gear chasing in dungeons - open world is empty
    Tyranny - Same and you do more pvg then anything - player vs guard and most are on set becouse guess what there gear chasing.
    Set - noting to say about that

Quote Originally Posted by JinDjw View Post
    Loads of pvp players left when 1.5 was introduced, rest left after bori/khitai disaster
    I remember this with our guild. after a couple days we where all in vent and we all decided this was not the game for us any more......and we where not the only guild to do this..

Quote Originally Posted by Twopay View Post
    I remember this with our guild. after a couple days we where all in vent and we all decided this was not the game for us any more......and we where not the only guild to do this..
    Yep, not the only guild indeed. There's such a simple solution to get those players back, and yet FC ignores it consistently
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by Spaart View Post
    Online PVE is a terrible disaster. It definitely should not be the only direction for any MMO.
    Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    No one truly enjoys yag for the 100th time, as you said, no matter how big of a pve nut they are.
    So you remove loot and AA xp from those dungeons and people stop doing them after 10-20 times. Why? Because PVE gets boring after a while.

The original AoC end-game idea was PVP guild competition, interlocked with PVE, crafting and building guild cities and strongholds.

Can anyone imagine a credible Hyboria without bloody pvp wars?

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    And pardon if my crankiness offends you, kind sir, I just be illin' because I was sold a bill of goods and charged for it up front... second year in a row.
    Just to cheer you up... you're not the only one, even though Conan might insist you're the chosen one ;-)
    aocfeats.com - Age of Conan feat planner
    Tutu - Dark Templar | Tuts - Bear Shaman | Nedbee - Demonologist

Quote Originally Posted by nikepilas View Post
    Agree.

So you remove loot and AA xp from those dungeons and people stop doing them after 10-20 times. Why? Because PVE gets boring after a while.

The original AoC end-game idea was PVP guild competition, interlocked with PVE, crafting and building guild cities and strongholds.

Can anyone imagine a credible Hyboria without bloody pvp wars?

Funny, for me it is the other way around. PvP is exactly the same. You run around kill some, die some and half the time you win or lose. There are no stories, no value in it.

I fully realize i am crap at it, but i did give it a shot. But since coming to Crom i think i did 2 minis. My main objection is the PvP community itself. I want to have fun, so why would i want to spend my evenings with trolls?
    My main alts:
    Cylien Assassin - Whirlwind of death. As in dies a LOT
    Scythie Conqueror - And Petal her mammoth
    Karalee Guardian - "My sergeant says an army marches on it's belly. But I ain't never seen that! "Shakes her head vigorously"

Shameless self promotion
    http://www.reverbnation.com/charkoalmusic

Quote Originally Posted by Scythie View Post
    I fully realize i am crap at it, but i did give it a shot. But since coming to Crom i think i did 2 minis. My main objection is the PvP community itself. I want to have fun, so why would i want to spend my evenings with trolls?
    To troll them? You don't imagine how easy is to troll PVP-ers and shamelessly I must admit I love it and it's only reason to play PVP for me! ;-) Sadly most PVP-ers can't be innovative and talk only about children... :/
    aocfeats.com - Age of Conan feat planner
    Tutu - Dark Templar | Tuts - Bear Shaman | Nedbee - Demonologist

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast