Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Need some PVE HOX build help

Do not go hard on Shax: he is trying to share his knowledge on how to top charts with DPS, which is possible with any HoX.

So, the priority should be given to
    1) Inferno Curse;
    2) Molten Steel Slash;
    3) BtD up to the last step;
    4) Demon Maw;
    5) Exultation of Xotli;
    6) the last step of BtD;

excluding the abilities on CD to top single-target DPS. Fillers (if BtD is not up) are Pillars II (fire), Pillars III (fire), Hellstrikes (physical damage).

I wonder about the rotation on Zodiac between the constellations...
    I tried this rotation:
    1. Molten Steel Slash;
    2. Exultation of Xotli;
    3. Quickening Death;
    4. Hellstrikes, Body and Spirit Wrack, or I Eat Your Heart.

(Shax, no one used a Parser on that night).

Repeat step 1 and 3 whenever they are off the CD, prioritizing them, (3-4 seconds for QD, as far as I remember).
    What should be the filler combo for 4? Body and Spirit is a bit faster. Hellstrikes is much longer. I Eat Your Heart is in between.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 9th September 2013 at 06:46.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

I guess you need to install a parser and analyze each run, Alex. You are kind of stuck in a bad loop since you normally are on sixmen constellations and thus in a limited dps window. I love "problems" like this and figuring out what works best in a given situation.

* Only single target dps on animals matters.
    * Animals have very high protection.

HoX (and Demo) are in a bad situation here mostly since it is either magic damage or combat rating (fire) and both are mitigated by protection. And the two classes has few or no alternative damage sources. So debuffs are as important as ever before.e Perhaps consider to use Prince of Terror so that the BtD dot can crit and do unholy rather than fire. Maybe the animals are more resistant to elemental damage than spiritual? Would be one thing to test.

On Wednesday, Patrick was 9th on damage to animals with 942 dps. He used a build with Inferno and Avatar. I think he used Red Shadows. He was in stun/root duty of Symbols so his dps would be higher if he was not. Maybe the two of you should talk and exchange experiences? Inferno was 4,5% of his total damage on Animals even it being fire damage.

Red Shadows are very important on Zodiac for us, as it gives 1 extra life. All right, I shall poke the HoX (even though I have fewer chances of seeing Zodiac now )!
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    I guess you need to install a parser and analyze each run, Alex. You are kind of stuck in a bad loop since you normally are on sixmen constellations and thus in a limited dps window. I love "problems" like this and figuring out what works best in a given situation.

* Only single target dps on animals matters.
    * Animals have very high protection.

HoX (and Demo) are in a bad situation here mostly since it is either magic damage or combat rating (fire) and both are mitigated by protection. And the two classes has few or no alternative damage sources. So debuffs are as important as ever before.e Perhaps consider to use Prince of Terror so that the BtD dot can crit and do unholy rather than fire. Maybe the animals are more resistant to elemental damage than spiritual? Would be one thing to test.

On Wednesday, Patrick was 9th on damage to animals with 942 dps. He used a build with Inferno and Avatar. I think he used Red Shadows. He was in stun/root duty of Symbols so his dps would be higher if he was not. Maybe the two of you should talk and exchange experiences? Inferno was 4,5% of his total damage on Animals even it being fire damage.
    I think the whole 'high magic mitigation' on zodiac is a myth. DTs do insane damage and when you break it down most of it is coming from their magic, and my HOX has done 1800 - of which a great deal is fire.

You only need one life at Zodiac! No extras. We are not playing Super Mario here..

interesting read thus far.
    My builds a little different but rotation seems even more different.

+magic pot
    +Crit pot

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    I think the whole 'high magic mitigation' on zodiac is a myth. DTs do insane damage and when you break it down most of it is coming from their magic, and my HOX has done 1800 - of which a great deal is fire.
    Animals has protection like Thoth Amon.

Try parsing with Burnstats: http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=183237

Easy to use parser where you can choose which targets to ignore. 1800 dps single target on Animals is pretty high. But, we are of course noobs at this stage of the game, we had first Zodiac kill a month ago. Results get quite different once you parse selectively done correctly.

This wednesday, I was on my DT for Imp, and did not care to relog Demo for Zodiac. I did 1400 dps in tiger gear. I was on sixman team, and the build I used was full desecration and tank stuff from general. Was frenzy the whole time of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    Not a myth as it were, it is higher than 6 mans and bosses like Sheng that have negative values there. It's just standard for most raid bosses though and a lot of them have that same mitigation.
    Last edited by Hersch; 9th September 2013 at 08:40.

ACT already does selective parsing. Without it I think it'd be more like 3k+ DPS but who cares about that.

If you are new to Zodiac it's just starting to get to the first fight where hit rating means a whole lot. Try to aim for 19 - 20% and you'll see a big improvement from that alone.

We get around 17-18% of the hit chance.
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast