Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Need some PVE HOX build help

I would like to meet the person that said: "you must have 1400 MD and full T4 before you can sacrifice KotU." It is absolute ********. It depends fully on your combo rotation and the encounter you are doing. In my opinion you waste too many points by taking KotU and not progressing further in a Possession tree already quite deep. It gimps both trees. Most classes has interesting stuff on opposite tree when you want to make a one side heavy build, and it is not always worth it. Need to remember coefficients in this calculation. 100 MD does not add 100 damage to your spells. They are divided by a specific number. I had the list of coefficients earlier, but seem to have lost it.

If you don't have ToS (Curse of Set) or Demo (Chaotic Blast) in your group, you need to be using your debuffs. Saving 1 second on the Inferno Curse to make it instant, and give you -15% elemental invulnerabilities for 15 seconds on the mob is a nice dps boost. Molten Steel Slash gives -10% elemental invulnerabilities for 30 seconds. So just by doing proper debuffing you remove 25% of the mob's invulnerabilities. And making one of them instant rather than 1 second actually "give you" damage in addition to doing more damage after they are applied.

You're a bad HoX if you think melee dmg > magic damage.
    I am not dissing on your spec as you can play what ever way you like, but when it comes to most efficient spec I'll stick to mine as I've yet to find one that does more dps and thats after over 10 hours of testing builds and 4 years of HoX playtime. Servers merge, you're more than welcome to show me how awesome you are, maybe you'll change my mind who knows.

Debuffs? Well most of the time in groups they are useless. I use them in PvP more than PvE.
    Last edited by artreborn; 5th September 2013 at 21:29.
    Artreborn - HoX FOREVER!!!
    PvP 6 - 8k+ Kills/2.5k+ deaths, Suicide Style!

I still say that with the t4 sword, Butcher > KotU. But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by artreborn View Post
    You're a bad HoX if you think melee dmg > magic damage.
    I am not dissing on your spec as you can play what ever way you like, but when it comes to most efficient spec I'll stick to mine as I've yet to find one that does more dps and thats after over 10 hours of testing builds and 4 years of HoX playtime. Servers merge, you're more than welcome to show me how awesome you are, maybe you'll change my mind who knows.

Debuffs? Well most of the time in groups they are useless. I use them in PvP more than PvE.
    Since multi feat builds was introduced, I have used both the Avatar build I linked, and something similar to the Avatar / Pos build you posted. There is no point in sticking to ONE build since you can change around depending on encounters. But most of the fights in this game unless you are soloing, are single target. +2 meter aoe on Pillars does not get you more dps on single target, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    I still say that with the t4 sword, Butcher > KotU. But that's just me.
    I dont have T4 sword, the hox is just a "hobby" char since rest of my interesting chars are kinda stuck in progression. 20% of 148 - 135 = 13 dps is 2,6 dps though, and I heard that +% weapon damage only applies to white hits. So a 2,6 dps difference of Trial of Flame and Ripper of Faceless Chaos on 5/5 Butcher.

Edit: I remind you of the small differences of Trial of Flame and Ripper of Faceless Chaos on raw dps stats. +13 base dps, +13 magic damage and -15 combat rating. The main difference is that T4 has combat rating fire, while Trial of Flame has combat rating from strength.

As for differences between full T4 armor and full Brittle Blade armor, you gain 78 magic damage (fire), you gain 42 combat rating (strength calculation 3cr per point).

I have not been able to parse as high as some people claim they have done without crit pot/magic dmg pot, group, etc.. My best straw man parse is around 1600 dps. With the deeper possession, I could not get better than 1450 dps.
    Last edited by Shax84; 6th September 2013 at 06:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Edit: I remind you of the small differences of Trial of Flame and Ripper of Faceless Chaos on raw dps stats. +13 base dps, +13 magic damage and -15 combat rating. The main difference is that T4 has combat rating fire, while Trial of Flame has combat rating from strength.
    You forget the +125 crit damage rating the Trial does not have?
    People just don't want to invest time in an MMO. A true showing of ADD. I think AOC isn't a game for you if you just want to start out at max levels. You should try star wars, Call of Duty, AION, or any of the other instant gratification games.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerfan View Post
    He also forgets how much weapon damage increases the BtD DoT. Which should be your #2 damage.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerfan View Post
    That, or hit rating or hate decrease stat on T4 vs Trial of Flame has nothing at all to do with choosing between +% weapon damage or + magic damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    He also forgets how much weapon damage increases the BtD DoT. Which should be your #2 damage.
    I do not forget that! I tested this in another thread in these forums, a month back or so. Unfeated EoX (+30%) increases my dot from 469 to 484. +20% on Trial of Flame should then increase it by 2/3 of EoX, or 10 damage. Or 2% of the damage per tick.

And damage increase on T4 is 13.8 dps. Thats a 10% increase from Trial of Flame. And would add 5 damage to BtD dot, since 30% add 15 damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    Base Weapon DPS is king
    ^This. Especially when you factor in +90% weapon damage from feated EoX, and the fact that spec'ing Butcher more or less completely negates the debuff from using EoX.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast