Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Need some PVE HOX build help

i get about 800 dps on my hox... you all hack. especially art.
    Gankaskhan - Currently acquiring the Blossoms set.
    Gank
    1. (Am. slang) To steal in a surreptitious or underhanded manner.
    2. (O.L. slang) To gang up on and frag an opponent in an MPG.
    3. (Am. H-Hop) Character assassination.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    No, because the DoT's from BtD and PoIF are enhanced by weapon damage. So it's kind of a trade-off either way you go.
    Btd and Piof dot also affected by magic damage and magic damage increases that dot much better. But anyway I consider HoE build is better for long fights like zodiac than avatar hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by sth4485 View Post
    i get about 800 dps on my hox... you all hack. especially art.
    1. Stay morphed the whole straw man parse.
    2. Open the fight with Burning Skull, Desecrating Essence, Inferno Curse, Demon Maw, Spitfire (and every time off cooldown after), Hellfire Breath (and every time off cooldown after), Molten Steel Slash, Burn to Death, Hell on Earth (use before Pillars and Lance combos), Pillar of Flame 2, Fire Lance. Repeat when things go off cooldown and fill with Hell Strikes if all else is on cooldown. Keep all dots up all the time.
    3. Avatar of Xotli.
    4. Demonic Supploication and Desecrating Essence.
    5. Desecrating Essence.

Grats you made 1400dps at least
    Last edited by Shax84; 3rd September 2013 at 08:11.

Xotli's Veng kinda useless as you use the stack before it goes past 1 stack yeah?
    5 points for 17.5 magic damage???...no thanks
    Last edited by stalkerfan; 3rd September 2013 at 08:50.
    People just don't want to invest time in an MMO. A true showing of ADD. I think AOC isn't a game for you if you just want to start out at max levels. You should try star wars, Call of Duty, AION, or any of the other instant gratification games.

It's not very good, but gives more return than filling Spitfire. You use HfB before the combo finisher quite often, or as filler between steps, so a step + combo normally adds at least two, often three, and sometimes four stacks.
    Last edited by Shax84; 3rd September 2013 at 09:00.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerfan View Post
    Xotli's Veng kinda useless as you use the stack before it goes past 1 stack yeah?
    5 points for 17.5 magic damage???...no thanks
    Xotli's Vengeance, when feated at 5 points, almost constantly gives +52 magical damage buff to the next Hellfire Breath (and DoTs are buffed, in between). With higher hit ratings and a skipped Hellfire Breath by mistake, the effect may double. I choose it over Spitfire in PVE.

P.S. Stalkerfan, I love your signature!
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Hox is frickin awesome to play... thank you all for specs. DPS is really nice too and I like how quickly you can ramp up to full burst potential. I'm having a hell of a time managing aggro but I guess that's how it goes for a hox.

If only phoenix cloak was on a 4min timer that could be reduced to 2.5 min with AAs then this would be perfect class.

There is really no reason to use a possession focused spec anywhere outside of t3,is there?
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    Hox is frickin awesome to play... thank you all for specs. DPS is really nice too and I like how quickly you can ramp up to full burst potential. I'm having a hell of a time managing aggro but I guess that's how it goes for a hox.

If only phoenix cloak was on a 4min timer that could be reduced to 2.5 min with AAs then this would be perfect class.

There is really no reason to use a possession focused spec anywhere outside of t3,is there?
    There's maybe 2 fights where Possession should even be used in t3.

And it's lolzy on golems during the Emperor fight.

Wouldnt mind the cast time on Subtle Illusion reduced a bit :P
    Its touch and go sometimes when i pull aggro as to weather i can dump the hate in time and get that deflection bonus lol (kinda hard to stop dots hehe)
    People just don't want to invest time in an MMO. A true showing of ADD. I think AOC isn't a game for you if you just want to start out at max levels. You should try star wars, Call of Duty, AION, or any of the other instant gratification games.

Quote Originally Posted by artreborn View Post
    Best build hands down
    http://goo.gl/yIVVqu

Only debatable thing is the spitfire which doesn't do significant damage, but its an instant cast so doesn't hurt to have it maxed.

Xotli's Vengeance in my opinion a worse way to use points then spitfire.

Hoxes who say Impr. Burning skull is not worth it are plain bad.
    Most likely most of your rotation consists of Pillars so searing hatred will be better than butcher, if you include both in your build it works out, but you'll end up sacrificing plain magic damage which is ok if you're full T4 with over 1400 magic damage, otherwise stick to only searing hatred.

Wrath of Xotli is good, ever more so in AoE situations or magic susceptible bosses/mobs.

Anything I forgot?
    just parsed 1190 with this build, so so gear and missing a few combos LOL.

Tried both PoT and RSoX and RSoX was higher.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast