Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Need some PVE HOX build help

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    I for one am happy someone is trying something different and depending on the cooldown/duration of Hell on Earth, I can see it being useful in quite a few fights. Going to give it a try for sure as soon as I find a tank who can hold aggro off of me in Palace.
    I was speaking mainly of t4, since that is the only PvE I do with my HoX now. Since most fights there other than Zodiac require movement, HoE isn't useful at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    I for one am happy someone is trying something different and depending on the cooldown/duration of Hell on Earth, I can see it being useful in quite a few fights. Going to give it a try for sure as soon as I find a tank who can hold aggro off of me in Palace.
    Ask a DT to gear up to 22-24%+ crit chance with 4h potion and use this build http://goo.gl/zVDgp with 500 magic damage and around 10% hate, and you can normally go max out without ever risking taking agro. Most of the time he will outdps you unless he is unlucky with shields on boss and end up with mediocre 1400-1500 dps.

Strange how people dismiss Hell on Earth to be insignificant when it has 15 second duration, instant cast and 90 second cooldown. While Avatar of Xotli adds 2125 combat rating (counting strength) and last for 35 seconds and cooldown of 5 minutes. If we count two Avatar casts, we get room for four Hell on Earth casts. Thats 1 minute of 4075 combat rating from Hell on Earth every six minutes, or 1 minute 10 seconds of 2125 combat rating from Avatar of Xotli every 10 minutes. Of course, Avatar of Xotli adds some magic damage, intelligence and pulsing damage every three seconds as well.

The drawback is of course that Hell on Earth is not mobile, so if you move out of the zone you lose the buff. If they could change it to work like the Dark Templar buff; "Blood for Blood" - seems to proc randomly and give 2196 combat rating unholy for the next three hits. So rather than Hell on Earth being a fixed ground aoe, a buff that procs 1 time per minute and give 4k combat rating for 15 seconds or 10 hits or whatever. But thats speculation/suggestions and not what this thread is about.

Not at all trying to compare the two as equals, but the pure combat rating buff is double of what you get from Avatar or Desecrating Essence. Searing Curse and Flame Cleave adds a bit damage to your total as well. So as "Ruhenous" posts earlier, "might even be even slightly useful". Some fights demands mobility, others don't. If you know you are in a fight where you are going to stand in the same spot the next 15 seconds, why not use Hell on Earth..?
    Last edited by Shax84; 31st August 2013 at 22:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    I was speaking mainly of t4, since that is the only PvE I do with my HoX now. Since most fights there other than Zodiac require movement, HoE isn't useful at all.
    Someone said agree to disagree. You are able to stand still for 15 seconds on most fights to take full use of the buff. If not full usage, it is instant cast so you can apply it before finisher of a combo, if you have to move 5 meters before you can attack your target again.

wheres Bundrov when ppl needs him :<

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Someone said agree to disagree. You are able to stand still for 15 seconds on most fights to take full use of the buff. If not full usage, it is instant cast so you can apply it before finisher of a combo, if you have to move 5 meters before you can attack your target again.
    Indeed. As the old saying goes "Different strokes for different folks".

Either way you go, you're not going to see drastic improvement or decline in DPS. The builds are pretty similar in DPS. But from my previous testing, the DPS was slightly lower with an HoE build. Although that could be from me using a PoIF variant of the build instead of a HS variant, which it is more suited for.

I sometimes switch to a full avatar build for lols and yes you can do good dps, but that dps is never higher than ava/poss hybrid.
    My avat/poss max strawman dps = 1810
    Full avatar I achieved 1690, but that was without a T4 sword that I got the 1810 with, still decent enough dps.
    I'd love to do palace with a good tank that wouldn't loose aggro.

Full avatar is a good change of pace though.
    Artreborn - HoX FOREVER!!!
    PvP 6 - 8k+ Kills/2.5k+ deaths, Suicide Style!

Last time I shared a build on the forum similar to Shax' (he gave me a hint to feat Hell on Earth for single-target DPS), I received a nasty message in the game "not to share my failed builds and shut up".

I have four builds for my Herald of Xotli: full avatar for dungeons, T1, some T2, some T3; possession and general for T3.5; possession and general for PVP; and avatar and possession for AoE or dynamic PVE (Jade Dugout, Thoth-Amon, Sheng, etc).

Sadly, I do not run any parsers to measure my DPS; but I am sure that no matter what I do, it is lower than Shax' (he is too good at it)!
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Butcher vs Knowledge of the Underworld??

Considering im trying build which wont have room for Hellstrikes....mainly BtD, PoIF and FL......better off taking the increased Magic Damage rather than Weapon Damage??
    People just don't want to invest time in an MMO. A true showing of ADD. I think AOC isn't a game for you if you just want to start out at max levels. You should try star wars, Call of Duty, AION, or any of the other instant gratification games.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerfan View Post
    Butcher vs Knowledge of the Underworld??

Considering im trying build which wont have room for Hellstrikes....mainly BtD, PoIF and FL......better off taking the increased Magic Damage rather than Weapon Damage??
    No, because the DoT's from BtD and PoIF are enhanced by weapon damage. So it's kind of a trade-off either way you go.

Ahh of course...hence why most pop EoX brfore the BtD finisher....thanks
    People just don't want to invest time in an MMO. A true showing of ADD. I think AOC isn't a game for you if you just want to start out at max levels. You should try star wars, Call of Duty, AION, or any of the other instant gratification games.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast