Thread: Sieges: Advantages and Disadvantages

Default Sieges: Advantages and Disadvantages

I am new when it comes to this and I bet a lot of ppl don't know either so plz help me understand and tell me where I am wrong.

A guild can lay siege on another guild if the other guild approves. If guild A lays siege on guild B and Guild A destroys Guild B battle keep and buildings, Guild B needs to spend loads of money rebuilding their city. But if Build B defends off guild A guild B gets nothing but what, global txt fame? Stupid I think unless I am missing something.

If guild A takes guild B battle keep do they get any prowess? Do they get any guild buffs? Do they get any guild $$. Do they get a second Keep? (I know they don't). Did guild A totally wast their time killing guild B other than having fun making hatred?

Basically to sum all this up. I want to know why ppl lay siege on other guilds. What are the rewards (if any) for both attacking and defending guilds, because as far as I see it (and I have been in 2) There is nothing to be gained but only lost. If that is true, why doesn't funcom make it more apparent of the rewards so more sieges would take place and why aren't they more prevalent?

This is a mouthful but I hope you all get the big picture.

It works like this:

Guild A ones a keep and sets a vulnerability window of two hours every 3 days. Guild B has up to 48hours before the vulnerability window to sign up for sieges. If guild C also signs up for the fight the guild with the most guild points will win the right to attack guild A.

During the Siege you have two objective as the attackers. 1 destroy the keep. 2 destroy enough buildings to have more points than defenders when you destroy the keep. When the keep is destroyed the siege window ends.
    If you destroyed the keep but didn't have enough points. The keep stays in Guild A's possession but is reset in T1. If you had enough points you take the keep if your guild didn't already have one.
    As defenders you need to prevent this from happening. Especially from destroying the keep.

Rebuilding a keep is rather cheap and only requires an architecte and PvP normal mats. No need to farm like crazy. Just go hunt diggers in Bori from time to time and store the mats. You'll have more than enough to build and rebuild keeps that way.

As for rewards two things reward the winners. First is rebuilding the keep that will give you a good deal of guild renown (useless indeed if your guild is already level 20). Second is passive bonus. With a T3 keep you'll get something like 4% resist to all CC and 10% to snare. A bit more health, a bit more resists, a bit more dps. 10% PvP XP bonus. Stuff like this i don't have in mind the exact numbers but it's not that big a deal.

The main problem with sieges in my opinion is the over-use of AE dps class and server stability (though i heard it was better ). But it's real fun when aswell when there's less than 35 Demos.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Server stability was really ok the last time I did a Siege (you weren't there Vehl ?). It was enjoyable, but it put my CPU to the knees I have low fps.

I don't know was it after the server move ?
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Yeah protecting Clan of free City fortress if I remember well. Was a funny one.

Quote Originally Posted by Religolibri View Post
    Yeah protecting Clan of free City fortress if I remember well. Was a funny one.
    They don't have one so i guess it was the "Getting slaughtered with Clan of Free City while attacking Ferrata's fortress" siege ^^
    But yeah was pretty stable but weren't 4 raids either on zone i think.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .