Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: a Bear mount

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    exactly my thought, Frazetta <3 ^
    As I see it is for conquerors only.
    Tainted Souls on Crom - Johara's Featplanner

Hushi (HoX) - Igne natura renovatur integra

Thumbs down

If it ain't in one of Robert E. Howard's Conan books, then it should not be in Age of Conan. And no, we should not have that magical giant bird creature Conan rode ONCE in one story.

The tiger, wolf, rhino, and whatever that lizard thing is, were bad enough. Hell, that lizard freak thing is a crime against Conan lore and reeks of high-fantasy-some-other-MMO-crap!

I am just grateful people in game, at least on Set, have enough sense and dignity to not ride that hideous lizard mount. Funcom should just remove it from game and credit people with a camel and a free month of membership.

Quote Originally Posted by kinlock View Post
    If it ain't in one of Robert E. Howard's Conan books, then it should not be in Age of Conan. And no, we should not have that magical giant bird creature Conan rode ONCE in one story.
    REH had more magical mounts :P

http://aochideout.blogspot.com/2012/...al-mounts.html
    Retired

*Tarib - new bear mount next patch*

*loaf /uninstall4ever*

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    Yes, a few mages in a few REH stories had unique magical mounts or means of transportation. That's cool. Those are few and very far between, which is even cooler. And the ones that did have magical mounts or modes of transportation would be on the same line as a raid boss in game. They were big-time mages in REH stories that had those, not your common scrub like me and you.(and I mean that as a compliment)

I have no problem with a small handfull of NPCs(T5 raid boss maybe) that have special mounts. It might be pretty awesome spawning a boss and he swoops in on his "insert REH lore here".

Keep this game low-fantasy please.

they just need to get pvp stuff out, stats, unchained minis, open world incentives, better gear options for pvp: that stuff cant be postponed anymore

Quote Originally Posted by kinlock View Post

Keep this game low-fantasy please.
    Ofc I agree with that, but dont think that a bear as an animal is fantasy at all... Conan world is a fantasy, but low -fantasy setting as you said, there are much more high-fantasy things in game that ppl dont even bother like stupid lizard mount, but having a simple bear as a mount or pet isnt fantasy at all...
    Last edited by Redd; 29th August 2013 at 18:27. Reason: typo

warhorses with different armors...

How about a crafted set of vanity armor for your mounts? I think that would be cool.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Imagine the fun people would have trying to do motion capturing with a guy riding a bear.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast