Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any barb advantage over sin.

Default Any barb advantage over sin.

Other than that t4 barb has 10% more mitigation than t4 sin. What advantage does barb have over sin in a dual. (remember that barb will get very few stacks during the fight so healing shouldn't be one of them, I might heal myself by about 450hp in the whole fight (if that).

Default ment?

I ment to have "?" not "." in last title

depens what skills the assasin has, with master assasin and full CC immunity u can just kite... and else you have a big advantage having more health basicly and your damage is very hard hitting a sin lets say in other words a combo starter with all buffs active can take out 50% of health..

Default true, but

the dps buffs only last 10 sec where a sin has soul frags which recharge way faster and are only used when successful. (if a barb doesn't hit their opponent with the 10 sec buffs or is cc'd while using them, the barb is screwed) where the sin would still have their frags.

not really and advantage as a tradeoff.

barbs get more con, but only about 10% more compared to the same feat spot where a sin gets +25xx combat rating, (not a good tradeoff either)

when i play barb i tend to farm sins, especially the ones with blue gear like me, i dont see what u dont have as an advantage

i mean:range, ur average barb is specced in cc breaks, and u pop excellent balance when u see the snap kick anim

its simple, if u see a barb start his gc, run so he cant land the bomb(that being said, most sins are obsessed to land their bomb, ur average sin is very easy to hit when they chase u around to land soul strike)

When i'm in reaver spec i have something like this: http://goo.gl/hjgjIm
    If i have healer with me i'll play with bone shatter and without warning. If i don't What it Takes is often my other option.

WiT + PI + double tap (side ways to avoid a bomb exploading backwards to avoid a hit) is the easy way. You don't even really need to dodge their snap kick. Then CC, JC and most of the job is done. You have enough anti-CC not to be CCed much by a sin. And if you struggle to land combos, you can switch to 2H and get him down. With without warning your stacks go up rather fast.

When in zerker i have something like this: http://goo.gl/rEQlsJ
    Advantage of this spec is higher surviability, lots of CC, lots of anti-CC. 2H range. Hard to finish off. Lower DPS but you compensate by smoother CCing and dpsing cycles and higher surviability.
    AA wise you can play with At the Gates to melt down sin that won't get up if he gets KBed.

Barb has the tools in his hands to beat a sin. But then it dpends how you use your abilities and how you counter the sins stuff.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Well you said something about the 10 second buff timers... but I mean bone shatter and "whirlwind" if u use it BOTH has an extrem total unrealistic range--> you even hit enemies behind you if you activate your buffs+ using bone shatter it totally counters sins and their movement after this you can simply kite to wait for ur next bone shatter or land a stun and nuke the rest... I never had any problems vs sins.
    Since I almost see not 1 single sin anymore on fury, they are not the basic problem like years ago. Its more the conqs giving you this insta knockback stuff + one last punch which nukes out almost ur whole hp with another combo after

Default Agree with conqs

Conqs and Dt both have more dps than Barbs, have more armor and equal healing. So yah, they are way tougher, but Sin is the closest thing to a barb so I wanted to know how you felt. I think in duals, most classes are pretty well balanced, but the conq and dt are off the chain when it comes to duals.

Quote Originally Posted by throughthedoor View Post
    I think in duals, most classes are pretty well balanced, but the conq and dt are off the chain when it comes to duals.
    DT's aren't that much an issue with barb. You have faire chances against them i find in a dual. But yeah conqs are just a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    whats the cd on unstable mind btw
    90 sec CD
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast