Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to equalize melee and ranged kills without nerfing or buffing classes

Default horrible mini

I was on a mini where I killed this same hox and pom so many times (i give myself credit because then went form full life to 0% in about 20 sec of chasing. anyway 3.5 min til the end and the necro had 11 kills and me 3, i hid for the rest of the fight and the necro ended with 11 kills. Ppl. were saying 3.5 min til' the end that i wasn't doing any dps, but in those last 3.5 min the team scored 3 times. Something needs to be done about this.

This is clearly important to a lot of players. I understand that.

But do you honestly think that this is a priority? I think some pvp systems should be put in game before people get to tweak their KD.

Your suggestion should be near the bottom of pvp priorities imo.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Default ok, then there needs to me an all new game designation in pvp

instead of conquest or capture the flag, they should have a one man army. then the whole thing would be centered around kd and then they can use the 30 sec rule with priority.

Default self

also if you read "how to win friends and influence ppl" you will see that people are mainly just concerned with themselves, and if I am paying for this game on a monthly subscription I would like to have something for myself. So sense capitalism always is more productive than communism, then there should be some more self motivation or people will try less hard, It's just the true facts of human nature.

Quote Originally Posted by throughthedoor View Post
    also if you read "how to win friends and influence ppl" you will see that people are mainly just concerned with themselves, and if I am paying for this game on a monthly subscription I would like to have something for myself. So sense capitalism always is more productive than communism, then there should be some more self motivation or people will try less hard, It's just the true facts of human nature.
    Huhu. This makes think "My Preciousssss".

Play for the team with the team and instead of worthless kills on players you kill easily and repeatedly, you'll have victory. YOU will have. It's for yourself.

More challenging and rewarding than just a few more kills...
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by throughthedoor View Post
    I was on a mini where I killed this same hox and pom so many times (i give myself credit because then went form full life to 0% in about 20 sec of chasing. anyway 3.5 min til the end and the necro had 11 kills and me 3, i hid for the rest of the fight and the necro ended with 11 kills. Ppl. were saying 3.5 min til' the end that i wasn't doing any dps, but in those last 3.5 min the team scored 3 times. Something needs to be done about this.
    This is very sad to read you know? Chasing kills AND complaining? I mean if the only thing the necro had on the guys was dots then you were doing something wrong. On the other hand if he was bursting the targets (or if they were so squishy they died from dots alone) then it's fair he got the kills. No offence but your story sounds like "baddie k/d whoring 101" *

Kill calculations are not "bugged", it's simply most damage done = kill and I frankly see nothing wrong with that. They just need to add more stats cos obviously some classes will be better than others when it comes to killing. But who cares?

*bear in mind I don't know what class and what gear/AA you have etc
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Yeah I agree about the assist reward or stat or something. I'll be platinum in a week. Ha !

And about JS, it's really dumb the score column always show a 0. It's useless. It could at least show the points that was took from the enemy from spot you capped.
    Last edited by Religolibri; 1st September 2013 at 19:09.

Default Set your own rules. '

But what if you have all the AA and you are pvp 10 and you have all the gear. Then what, you don't need to win the mini, but for yourself. I am a competitive person so I like to be the best and for people to know it. When I do as much good as I do (like in the last mini) Necro gets all the kills and praise, it depress me. I also feel like I got nothing out of it (at least I have a real life outside of conan but that's not the point). Anyway, I figured out another fix. If ppl could create a game room for mini's and set their own rules. I.e. no necros or only melee classes. Then I could see thing being fair and balanced (other than op tanks but I don't mind them as much sense I'm one of them)

Default and . . .

and in my scenario, I guess I should make a necro to make myself feel better, steal as many kills as I can until funcom does something about it but I don't see anything going to change in the near future.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123