Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to equalize melee and ranged kills without nerfing or buffing classes

Quote Originally Posted by throughthedoor View Post
    The problem.
    First off, as you know, the person who does the most damage to a victim receives the kill. This puts melee to a disadvantage because they are the last to hit (casters are first because they have range while melee have to run up to caster) and casters are the last to hit if the victim runs/kites away to safty. Basically stating if the victim lives for very long, the kill will always go to the caster.
    This might be true only in that case when casters get not disturbed on doing their thing. Get 1 melee to chase 1 caster and your problem is solved.

also at the end of the day, the only thing pvp'rs really care about is their own kd because that is their defining benchmark on how they do against their average opponent.
    Pretty sad to have such an individualistic conception of PvP but i guess in the pug world it's rather common. I wish at the end of the day players would care about what they managed to achieve as a team and not how many free kills they got in pug minis.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    Pretty sad to have such an individualistic conception of PvP but i guess in the pug world it's rather common. I wish at the end of the day players would care about what they managed to achieve as a team and not how many free kills they got in pug minis.
    Yesterday i got so many deaths on my poor sin from trying to win JS, i was constantly capping and even preventing high lvl soldiers from capping, kiting, ccing for as long as i could. In the end we won with very closely and i was happy feeling i contributed in the win. Ended up with 7 kills and 17 deaths.
    But if i see some friends in other team than i kind of tend to forget objectives and go for them

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    Yesterday i got so many deaths on my poor sin from trying to win JS, i was constantly capping and even preventing high lvl soldiers from capping, kiting, ccing for as long as i could. In the end we won with very closely and i was happy feeling i contributed in the win. Ended up with 7 kills and 17 deaths.
    But if i see some friends in other team than i kind of tend to forget objectives and go for them
    That's really the way to go if you want to win a JS. I can't count anymore how many JS have been won almost single handedly by noobs (nothing pejorative) playing the objective 100%.
    Not saying you're a noob, just pointing out it's usually beginners that play that play like that.

And when i was talking about more stats i was mostly thinking about firstly, valorize the victories of a mini. With stats such as, w/l of course but more stuff such as % of minis you won while losing on kills (same for loss). Average time it takes you to win a mini, average time you last in losing minis. Average score of your winning/losing JS. How many % of minis do you win with 1 / 2 / 3 flags. How many flags does the opposit team scores during minis you won. Same for losses.
    Average time spent in hide (in %). Average time spent in combat during a mini (in %).
    And of course the amount of minis you leave (stats updating when mini ends not in real time).

To that you ad stuff as mentionned, heal stats, assit kills. You say assit kills is useless. But i disagree. It's diffrent and the newbie with **** gear without the DPS to steal a kill but who assists you like crazy and helps you kill stuff with his CCs and little dps deserve to be noticed aswell. Diffrent stat but meaningfull nonetheless.

Bottom line is the main things that should be valorized in mingames are:
    - The Victories while losing on kills
    - The Average time it takes you to get beaten in a mini
    - And of course the w/l/left ratio

Pugnacity and stubborness > kill stats.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Ha ha all i saw in your post is "noob"
    Already lost 2 JS with sin and just had to win that last one thats why i focused so hard.
    It would be really sweet to have a lot more stats than what we are having now, that way even fresh char might feel useful and do something good. Atm kd is everything and it bothers me to see 3-4 players chasing one half dead guy and all are passing next to our home base and nobody is bothering to cap point.
    I know even with more stats there would still be players that go just for kills but credit will be given to those that contribute in some other way and often they are reason for mini being won.

Btw you are on my kos list now

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    Btw you are on my kos list now
    *Sticks to conq and trades carny spec for brute one*

Tell me when you get fed up ^^
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

*Sticks to conq and trades carny spec for brute one*

Tell me when you get fed up ^^
    *Log brute conq and fight you till we are both fed up and delete game*
    Last edited by viroku; 29th August 2013 at 14:11.

Good concept but remember that all teams are pugs so why care about anyone else? If it were guild minis = different story, same as sieges, but we are talking about pug, slap ppl together and see how they do.

Good concept but remember that all teams are pugs so why care about anyone else? If it were guild minis = different story, same as sieges, but we are talking about pug, slap ppl together and see how they do.
    Why not care about others? If you care about other members of your team not only will you make friends but you will increase your chances to win by a very large amount. In fact you'll get best w/l and k/d by playing with other people and not by playing alone.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    Why not care about others? If you care about other members of your team not only will you make friends but you will increase your chances to win by a very large amount. In fact you'll get best w/l and k/d by playing with other people and not by playing alone.
    The majority of pug minis are won when 2 or more people work together not only to help clear objectives, but also cover and protect each other.

Individual players might shine when their team is bad picking stray players here or there or 2-craping cloths from stealth, but that's not going to win you minis...sticking with players in a group, prioritizing the range dps while ccing the melee, and protecting the flag carrier and the one healing him will.

But definitely being seen as a team player, ccing for others, and helping with objectives will drastically improve a pug team's morale rather than being on a team with mindless flag bots and stealthers who only pop out 4x a match. I totally agree with Kalston's opinion...

As for equalizing range and melee, about every classe can 2-shot my pvp 10 full AA demo with the right gear and spec. If your talking about kill credit...sure that needs adjustment. If your talking about burst damage...ranger, sin, conq, dt, guard, necro, demo, shammy, pom, and perhaps barb all no easy. Each one has at some point hit me for 5k or more in less than 3 seconds.

ToS and HoX can do the same, but they die so much quicker than me when focused they need several threads of QQ just for that...
    Last edited by Suctum; 30th August 2013 at 00:14.
    Doomsayer 2008

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast