Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to equalize melee and ranged kills without nerfing or buffing classes

Default How to equalize melee and ranged kills without nerfing or buffing classes

The problem.
    First off, as you know, the person who does the most damage to a victim receives the kill. This puts melee to a disadvantage because they are the last to hit (casters are first because they have range while melee have to run up to caster) and casters are the last to hit if the victim runs/kites away to safty. Basically stating if the victim lives for very long, the kill will always go to the caster.

Here are my 2 fixes.

1st possible fix. If a victim goes from below 100% hp to 100% hp, all the damage that others have done are wiped clean from the intake damage parser. So if someone has been living with necro dots for 5 min, then finally hides(because there are no more dots) and then the victim recives 100%hp and then a sin comes in and kills him in an instant the sin would receive the kill because he started on a victim with 100% hp again. (as if no damage was done)

2nd possible fix. The player that does the most damage on a victim in the last 30 sec of the lifespan, the killer with the most damage on the victim gets the kill.

Real life example of why this should happen. It's because I just got into a js match with a loosing team. I killed about 6 players with 100% hp from the start. I only got 1 kill. So what does this mean for other players? They just hide because they don't want to get lots of deaths for the high possibility of having no reward.

3rd fix: put more stats to avoid retarded mechanics where kill is the only factor in a mini.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    3rd fix: put more stats to avoid retarded mechanics where kill is the only factor in a mini.
    /10 chars

I think with the addition of more stats kills will mean a lot less. It's true though the way AOC account for damage is very weird and could be fixed, though its not as bad as games that only count the killing blow etc.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Kills will never mean a lot less.

Especially in a game that you have so much control of your character, instead of click tab target etc ( im talkin about melee) Killing are the most satisfying factor in this game or any game mostly.

Even if you have insane stats such as SWTOR kills would still be priority for most players. and swtor stats were terrible. you get kills for assists..

Default agree for part

I don't think kills for assists would be a good idea because all a necro would need to do is throw flesh to worms and let it spred and bam, in one js he could have something like 33 kills and 250assists.

About finishing blow gets kill, This would work if everyone in a mini had a 100% fatality rating and then the person that overdps gets the kill due to getting that fitality. That could work, but I think the best is just keeping it simple and saying something like, perosn who does most damage in the last 30 sec of victims life gets kill so all classes have equal chance.

This system actually works, okay!! and is much better then any other game's battlegrounds. Since they can only count last hits.

To be honest this necro kills are bit unfair I agree, but on the other side demos rangers and caster healers which have most kills are mostly really doing most damage+ killing in very short times.

My suggest would be adding new minigame quests for example:

- Capture 10 flags in all capturing minis
    - Kill 20 players
    - 3 Fatalities
    Or even more... Im not very creative sorry. but basicly something which forces people to not ONLY focus to kill or to win. Quests which may lead to more variety in minigames. (surely with rewards-tokens or stuff) and the more important things which makes more player even play the minis!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    signed.

get heal stats etc.. we see a whole diffrent teamplay

only experiant players recognize anyone doing good.

I saw a sin in js with alot of deaths but he kept on capping enemy base and won us the game.
    Last edited by Mogsters; 29th August 2013 at 02:03.
    Kinaputten

Default most damage shouldn't reward the kill.

For example a demo or necro might never ever kill someone in a mini but it is up to the assasin to actually bring the victim to their knees. I think that unless the necro actually exposes himself by chasing a player and doing dps casts, the necro should not get the kill for just casting flesh to worms. Or a pussy ranger just shooting fire dots and not trailing an opponent to it's death. Pussy player classes always get the most kills and it drives me insane.

Default also

also at the end of the day, the only thing pvp'rs really care about is their own kd because that is their defining benchmark on how they do against their average opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by throughthedoor View Post
    For example a demo or necro might never ever kill someone in a mini but it is up to the assasin to actually bring the victim to their knees. I think that unless the necro actually exposes himself by chasing a player and doing dps casts, the necro should not get the kill for just casting flesh to worms. Or a pussy ranger just shooting fire dots and not trailing an opponent to it's death. Pussy player classes always get the most kills and it drives me insane.
    in a pug world yar

very different in a premade

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast