Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 4.1.1 update - what's in it?

Well, as you mention the talisman...

All the other blue weapons are pretty good, too, not only the magic damage staff/talisman.
    The 1HB is at least on par with many raid epics or faction weapons. The PoM/ToS staff is superior to T1 to T3 raid staffs/polearms for PoM/ToS. And the list goes on.

So if you nerf them, you'll have to nerf them all.

But first, recheck if this wasn't all done on purpose and with good cause. The weapons are good, but heck, so are the blue armor pieces. That is why the dungeon was well received. Nerf everything to the ground, and people might loose interest again.

Personally, I believe the guy who did the item design is on vacation, and nobody bothered to check with him if this is indeed a bug...

sorry but most of the changes in items in coils make no sense at all except that obvious bug with the 1 handed with the 200+ dps.You have created a really awesome instance if not the best one of the best so far with an interesting loot table but for some reason you keep dumping it down with these changes.But I guess you dont want ppl to visit this place more than once,so good job you guys are heading to the right direction.

And as for the talisman it definitely dont need any nerf,a more reasonable change as Noite said would be to be able to use only one.

And one more "good job" for you guys for resseting guilds at renown lvl 1 once again.
    Last edited by zeuss; 28th August 2013 at 13:28.

@zeuss when u write a post like that, fc only reads
    Quote Originally Posted by zeuss View Post
    ... good job you guys are heading to the right direction...

I don't understand how anyone can justify a blue item with more dps than a t4 epic. Dropping that staff from 178 to 78 magic dmg is pretty extreme change but come on... how you guys really trying to say okay this blue item from a six man is perfectly fine being better than t4.

I'm fine with them being close to same power as t4 because it gives great incentive to go there and really helps out those not in a raiding guild but it can't be more powerful.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

That's one extreme to another, now that staff is crap and Coils runs are already rare on crom.

that tali is great for mage classes and dt's i would only change it to being "purple tagged" and just one possible to equip 1 because its obvious 2 is overpowered, maybe decrease magic damage in it by 20 less.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    I don't understand how anyone can justify a blue item with more dps than a t4 epic.
    Some T3 caster weapons give more DPS than some T4 caster weapons. Kithai gear gives more DPS than T3 gear. Many people prefer an Ibis blade (=T2 crafted) to T3 and even T4 weapons.
    So, why should a tough to get blue weapon not be on par with a T4 weapon?
    Epic means higher item budget, not higher DPS. The weapons from Coils have good DPS, but are lacking in HP and hate decrease.
    It's a good alternative to allowing players to buy raid weapons for raid tokens. If you're one of those players who just never get that one weapon you need in a raid, there's an alternative source for an acceptable weapon now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    That's one extreme to another, now that staff is crap and Coils runs are already rare on crom.
    Yeah I'm very confused by funcoms itemization lately. That staff with that protection would have been fine and a very good weapon at 150 magic dmg.

The tali should be 75 magic dmg.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Why should the magic damage items be any good when the melee weapons are all crap because of no base DPS (offhand weapons don't really count ). Obviously they don't know how to itemize anything.

I feel they should just start again after the third instance is released and make the weapons around T3 level (base dps, magic damage wise) and spread them out across all 3 dungeons as epics.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarib View Post
    We'll forward the details about the mentioned talisman so it can be looked into. Thanks for the report.
    [Edited by Drest - Language]]

not enough that FC devs dont seem to be able to find anything close to REASONABLE balance instead of going from one extreme to the other but the more you whine about items being supposedly OP the more coils will face the same fate as sepulcher. FC will nerf the place and loot to the ground untill AGAIN nobody goes there.

its supposed to be the top notch of dungeons and therefor reward players will loot accordingly. not every blue geared fresh lvl80 is meant to go there and thats perfectly fine.

incentive like funfactor and reasonable rewards are needed to make a new dungeon sucessful but sadly enough FC is AGAIN messing it up by listening to a handful of whiners...
    Last edited by Drest; 29th August 2013 at 09:38.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast