Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Minigames: Please implement autokick for inactive players

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieulombardi View Post
    That was just an example. There are plenty of other ones, like tanks that take the flag and never cap to troll his teammates.
    That actually would be hard to handle with an autokick, but manageable under certain conditions with a votekick. Again, on the other hand, if it is a flagcarrier, you can already now "vote" to cease support and prepare someone better to repick the flag or concentrate on the enemy carrier. And if the enemy team does not focus your lone flagtroll, you should realize, you're in a fishy "premade" mini anyway

Sometimes though even with teammate "voting", it won't work. Some tanks are so geared that the opponent just can't burn it down.

Default other point

another point I would like to add is that if there wasn't a 10 min penalty, there would be probably less hiding. I mean if I am on a team where there are about 3 to 15 kills I will hide it out too. (because I don't want to be farmed and I don't want 10 min penalty either)

Quote Originally Posted by throughthedoor View Post
    another point I would like to add is that if there wasn't a 10 min penalty, there would be probably less hiding. I mean if I am on a team where there are about 3 to 15 kills I will hide it out too. (because I don't want to be farmed and I don't want 10 min penalty either)
    The penality is necessary to keep players from leaving all the time and helping the team even if they are losing severerly. Hiding while others are fighting is letting them down and adjusting their K/D negatively. We need penality and the idling-hiding-kick system.

I suggest this as well:
    A player hides too much, but moves around. Sometimes, he stops hiding, and goes back into the shadows. The accumulated hiding (hiding and moving while being hidden) or idling (not moving) time is over 60 seconds: the vote-kick system applies. If players vote positively, Coward's Shame kicks in with a triple effect.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Sorry, i keep arguing against votekicking.
    Just take your example. How can the team even "know" if that person is hiding and moving out of tactical reasons or because he/she wants to avoid playing the game?
    Often enough you hear clueless people accusing others why they "hide", even if they are on the way to sneak behind the lines to finish off a necro/healer/demo or simply to capture the flag. And if you play undergeared for example, that is still a way to help your team winning (seen it often enough, that the "top" players are bashing at wrangling gorge, while some new and undergeared ones kept capping and turned the tide).
    As said, tactics that work well in a premade scenario do not necessarily work in a pug one. And i fear, votekick will be abused to enforce opinions on how to behave, rather than to kick those who deserve it.

Again for lunatics example:
    You would have to test and evaluate very carefully how high you set the time. For example someone dying a lot, hiding and moving out of the zone slowly, should NEVER be triggering that votekick.

What you can do of course, is linking the rewards to "behaviour". For example, if someone has an exceptional high time in hiding and not much activity (damage done, damage taken, heals done, kills/deaths), he would simply get no token as reward, but a shame debuff instead.

So, if someone is staying in hide to "leech" they would be affected by this...though the "friend" or "saboteur" not as much (but a shame debuff would keep them from manipulating the next minis maybe).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 11th September 2013 at 09:33.

A votekick option would help the team kick the one guy raging like a monkey and concentrate on fighting. Also allowing a better team member to join.

That might be a positive outcome.
    It can also become abused easily (see other posts from many people up there).
    It also means people will join less as single player and wait for more friends or guildies to be online.
    This means less minis.
    I am fine with it, if you have it in a seperate queues and premade vs premade maybe. But not for a "pug" environment. Because even if its use might be good there, as you stated, i think it will not be worth the price (abuse, mobbing, naming and shaming, discrimination, bad atmosphere (yes, can be worse), distraction and drama (people might quarrel more about who to kick and why and stop fighting in game)).
    I might even go as far as saying, that most people who focus a votekick and ignoring the easier more just options to counter afking and leeching, are secretly wanting it to kick out unwanted players (because they belong to enemy guild, you don't like them personally, because they don't play as you want, because without them it would be easier to win (or let the others win) etc.).

underlying problem is you cant play with people you want to compete in team based content.

this proposition would just further debase player experience, while it would eficiently kick some very well deserved people from ocasional minigame its obvious it would be abused.
    i can easily see after a week of this feature implemented all new players get almost automaticaly kicked from team as well as under geared f2p.

only solution and it painfully obvious is add arenas for 1vs1 2vs2 3vs3 maps all of wich already ingame with renown arena in kesh allowing even 6vs6vs6vs6.

that way it could be re-enabled non group separation for minigame sign up and people could freely play with who they want, while single players and duets could still do instanced based pvp content with arenas.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

This is a must.... Minis on some servers are terrible... And inactive player kick or vote to kick is rly important...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast