Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Minigames: Please implement autokick for inactive players

Default Minigames: Please implement autokick for inactive players

...as there are too many cowards and leechers that ruin other players minigames. Especially in JS its really annoying when people are afk from the start and so block a slot for couraged other players.

/bump

This would be a good idea.

Not like many people can figure out the workaround to join a minigame in progress anyway lol.

It'd be nice if they fixed that as well.

No voting on kicking, please. It can be abused.

Inactivity or staying hidden for too long should give a warning leading to death, chain deaths (reducing the timer after each death), or kicks (the last one is not the best solution, as many of us crash in minigames sometimes).
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    No voting on kicking, please. It can be abused.

Inactivity or staying hidden for too long should give a warning leading to death, chain deaths (reducing the timer after each death), or kicks (the last one is not the best solution, as many of us crash in minigames sometimes).
    Vote for Kick WILL be abused, so not useful.
    I like the idea of chaindeaths :-)

Lots of things will and have been abused before, doesn't mean they're not useful, or will be abused with great frequency.

If the votekick says that the 5 remaining players of 6 have to agree on kicking i dont see how it will be abused. and if it gets abused why not just let the GM's deal with the players abusing it?

I mean getting a guy that goes afk from the start baisc'ly kills the mini game. And mby create a longer "Ban" from mini games when a guy has been kicked? Teamplay should be encouraged.

The whole votekick system cries "abuse me!" in terms of mobbing and getting rid of people interfering or not playing as the majority wants.

Especially in 12 ppl minis now you have situations where more than half of it is in one guild, on ts/vent or friendly with each other (we all should know that the pug grouping system is not really balanced or random). Now imagine one or two from hated guilds, undergeared people or known trolls joining or ending up in your group. Even with 5 out of 6 votekick system chances are good they get "banned" with your system without even being guilty of why the system got changed in first place.

If it is because of afk people there have already been measures suggested that will work without the potential of being abused (checking how long people are in hide without moving, autodeath, autoteleport, changing idle times in minis etc.).

If you want to involve GMs, you can already do that and petition for gms monitoring the minis (will work against exploiting and cheating players maybe too).

I'd rather see the tournament queue fixed or made work like the old one, so thos who want premades back can go there.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 30th August 2013 at 07:44.

They could just implement an auto kick to players who have not input commands for a set time frame, like an auto kick from the server when you go afk for too long.

5 minutes I would say would be fine for a mini game...that way you boot people who went afk, are not contributing, or crashed and take too long to come back. It's not a perfect system since people could move and reset the timer, but it's better than a vote system which could be abused...
    Doomsayer 2008

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast