Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multi-Purpose feat tree. Polearm.

Default Multi-Purpose feat tree. Polearm.

Hello,
    I've been playing guardian for a few weeks now and have redone my feat tree many times. What i'm going for is not an all out dps or tank. but a flexible char, that can hold aggro, take damage, and do heavy burst damage when needed, or to help get rid of that last 5% hp on the dungeon's boss. Now, here's the thing. After all I did to build my tree i notice nearly nothing on the damage numbers side of things. I'll post my tree now and continue to explain the reasoning, and the over all performance it brought.

http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v12_114...5a4005cfc06148

yes i'm aware that i have three extra points..i haven't decided where to put them yet.

now keep in mind that i'm going for a polearm guard that can tank, and then burst into rage for damage.

I like flashing arc because VIII is only two button combo, recharge rate is instant, and has enough buffs for me to be satisfied. I've stacked a tree for disable and that has a longer recharge rate, plus with all the crit chance enhancers i found that they were just as rare as a blue drop from an pve boss on normal mode.

(this is a pve build.)

So you can see i went for the percentage increase in damage. With all these perks one would think there would be a difference...there is not. I don't want to be told how i should play the game. i want explinations on the fact that when i use dissarming aggression there is no damage increase in the slightest!!! Reckoning is useless, and volcanic rage glitches as well!

After petitioning funcom said my custom ui is interfering with recording the numbers...b.s. or fact, i don't know. but what i do know is that the numbers state (on damage) that i'm hitting the same everytime i use a buff like D.A. or V.R.

The reason why i'm posting this isn't to show of builds or start another complain forum. But to actively seek on why this is going on. I want to be able to play the game how i want (as should everyone) and not be boxed in on what i can and cannot do (within the perameters of classes, that's understandable.).

I've requested from funcom a way that i can test these feats accurately so i can make up my own mind. but that's not happening. so i'm forced to come here and rely on the gaming community (which i found if anything that is remotely intelligent is said is responded with trolling).

So yeah, here I am hoping that people who actually enjoy playing the game and know a thing or two will see this and reply with useful information.

Again, i'm going for something that isn't all dps or pvp. I'm going for a build that exploits the guardians potential for both tanking and explosive dps.

Thanks for your time, and overlooking my many spelling errors.
    Jarvind.

You are really hurting yourself not specing Storm Strike. That combo is a polearm guard's best combo for aggro/dps.

To make sure numbers are recorded right, I think their excuse is a cover up, run a damage log and parse in Guildstats or similar program.

In game, just type /logcombat on
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

storm strike is alright, it just eats a lot of points to get there. points that can be used to increase protection, armor, or dps. i found if i need to pull a large group goad mob does a well enough job on that. i'll try out the combat log and see those numbers.

tried the /logcombat on but the spacebar isn't working with a slash in front of it.

i cant see your build can do any burst, actually s&b can do better burst and single target dps than polearm.
    Henryx Guardian
    Henryau Pom
    Henryz Barb
    Henryuki Hox
    Henryn Necro
    Crom
    - Henryx Age of Conan Youtube -
    - Henryx Age of Conan Blog -

Quote Originally Posted by Jarvind View Post
    tried the /logcombat on but the spacebar isn't working with a slash in front of it.
    The only space is after the "t" in combat.

This is my tanking pole build. You get the "burst" from Storm Strike's Reckoning as it generally hits the hardest, so always lead with this and spam Counterweights and 2 step FA. Disarming Aggression is not really good for wanting to keep aggro.

http://goo.gl/mhrkUG

If you want a dps build with just goad to get aggro sometimes, drop jugg altogether and just get all the dps feats.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

have you seen defiance work? i made a tree that stacked healing bonus's like surging health, defiance, and life saver. but didn't really notice them working ever. also, dissarming agression only takes away aggro if performed in frenzy stance. so it's a good way to do a bit more damage while staying in def. stance. i can see why you wouldn't need goadmob with storm strikes, and it has a quicker cool down.

that's a cool build man. thanks for sharing.

I would rather go for that kind of build :

http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v12_114...61ac0639c05e88

As said, lightning strikes + counterweight.
    And defiance does work decently for 1 point.

Quote Originally Posted by henryabccba View Post
    i cant see your build can do any burst, actually s&b can do better burst and single target dps than polearm.
    Better burst agro, yes. Better single target dps, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarvind View Post
    have you seen defiance work? i made a tree that stacked healing bonus's like surging health, defiance, and life saver. but didn't really notice them working ever. also, dissarming agression only takes away aggro if performed in frenzy stance. so it's a good way to do a bit more damage while staying in def. stance. i can see why you wouldn't need goadmob with storm strikes, and it has a quicker cool down.

that's a cool build man. thanks for sharing.
    See the build Mellaus posted above for a proper build. There's rarely a boss that you would need both prot/mit, so you should have a build for each. Especially after you get decent gear.

The feats work fine for me. Don't know what your parsing issue could be. Couldn't tell from your post if you understood this or not, but the dmg modifiers are weapon dmg modifiers, not base dps modifiers. So if your weapon has 150 base dps, the buff from disarming would be 18 dps, not 12% of your toons total ~300 base dps. So that buff alone would only be slightly noticable in a parse.

Also, as others said, SS is your best combo. Makes no sense not to feat it, and the vengeance procs that get you down there are important as well. They will get your vengeance counter maxed quick, and debuff the mob as well.

Defiance is kind of iffy, but it's only 1 point. Lifesaver, etc are fail. Your parse didn't lie to you on that. Goad mob is pretty useless. There are few if any fights where it would be useful.
    Last edited by Chillee; 26th August 2013 at 16:45.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast