Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Priorities not strait

Exclamation Priorities

So, it's pretty obvious that Funcom's priorities are messed up. For example: they add a new dungeon (for high-level players) - but yet pvp mini issues remain.

My question is: WTF is up with this? I can only think of two possible reasons:

A) Office politics - Game-decision makers are getting more recognition for introducing new content rather than actually fixing the existing content and growing/happifying the player-base.

B) Designers/developers don't actually play the game - I hope this isn't the case. Afterall, cut your ****ing grass.
    Last edited by quzo; 24th August 2013 at 03:07.

I don't think we have seen anything that is directly Joel's vision yet. He is finishing up and cleaning up the mess he was left with from Craig.

Dragonspine and server merges were in place before he took over. He had to spend his resources out of the gate finishing up those which were set in place from the prior director. No way they would abandon them just because a new GD is in place.

We will start to see Joel's direct influence in the coming months now that merges are imminent, and the last dungeon in Dragonspine is done.

I'm not giving him a pass, but I am curious on the direction 6, 9 and 12 months from now when it will be 100% Joel's influence.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellaxe View Post
    I don't think we have seen anything that is directly Joel's vision yet. He is finishing up and cleaning up the mess he was left with from Craig.

Dragonspine and server merges were in place before he took over. He had to spend his resources out of the gate finishing up those which were set in place from the prior director. No way they would abandon them just because a new GD is in place.

We will start to see Joel's direct influence in the coming months now that merges are imminent, and the last dungeon in Dragonspine is done.

I'm not giving him a pass, but I am curious on the direction 6, 9 and 12 months from now when it will be 100% Joel's influence.
    He has nowhere near that time. He might have MAX 6 months (probably less) to do the magic trick that'll set PvP back on course. But after that...so many next generation MMO's are coming out that's going to make AoC look like pong.

http://topfreemmorpg.net/top-mmo-games-2014-list/

The main problem is, people (like me) pay Funcom 1 year in ADVANCE. This is BIG... it effectively means that most of the "Vets" are locked in which reduces incentive for FC to do anything with AoC. The only plus side is that AoC is still the only MMO where you can chop someone's head off.

There are a ton coming out for sure...how many of those will be worth playing though considering the MMO track record?

Not saying AoC will stand the test of time much longer unless a major PVP overhaul is done. Let's face it...PVE is as good as it gets already for this game.

The only thing that will bring life back is a substantial PVP revamp...SUBSTANTIAL...

Conan still has a couple of big things going for it none of those others do...Best IP (Howard's Low fantasy setting, mature, fatalities) and mechanics to date.

BTW, I will probably play Star Citizen for my SciFi fix and AoC (unless something as gritty and mature comes out) for my fantasy fix...
    Last edited by Kellaxe; 24th August 2013 at 14:55.

Rumors are swirling in Oslo that AoC 2 may become a possibly in the 2015 timeline... depending upon how well Lego minifigures does and FC's financial situation at the time.

AoC 2... wow... a chance to begin again FRESH...with all the lessons learned and experiences taken in. Plus, a built in pbase. It's gonna be EPIC.

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    Rumors are swirling in Oslo that AoC 2 may become a possibly in the 2015 timeline... depending upon how well Lego minifigures does and FC's financial situation at the time.

AoC 2... wow... a chance to begin again FRESH...with all the lessons learned and experiences taken in. Plus, a built in pbase. It's gonna be EPIC.
    It isn't April 1st is it?
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post

Don't tease...

If it were true...that would be awesome...but I do not hold out any real delusions it would happen.

GD already said that they have tools for making pve content. They have no tools available to make pvp content, so it would all be made from scratch. Since the team is so small and not dedicated to AOC, I doubt we will ever see any pvp content.

Lol @ ring of set. Wheres this proof of any rumor of AOC2?
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by quzo View Post
    So, it's pretty obvious that Funcom's priorities are messed up. For example: they add a new dungeon (for high-level players) - but yet pvp mini issues remain.

My question is: WTF is up with this? I can only think of two possible reasons:

A) Office politics - Game-decision makers are getting more recognition for introducing new content rather than actually fixing the existing content and growing/happifying the player-base.

B) Designers/developers don't actually play the game - I hope this isn't the case. Afterall, cut your ****ing grass.
    Both guesses are incorrect.

- Dungeon was completed by a designer who focuses on PvE content.

- Designer who was responsible for PvP quit in early July. Thus his tasks fall to someone else who has to learn them. This takes time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    Both guesses are incorrect.

- Dungeon was completed by a designer who focuses on PvE content.

- Designer who was responsible for PvP quit in early July. Thus his tasks fall to someone else who has to learn them. This takes time.
    oh oh i can see the "only 1 guy is working on pvp"-flames allready coming

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast