Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: New dungeon rocks!

Oh, i was not saying it actually is so. I was kind of citing what i heard as common agreement by players, who all said you "needed" voice coms for t2+ content. I do not doubt a lot or all is doable without, but you have to count in the expectations of those doing it in the majority. If the society sees it as "necessary" it effectively becomes so.

Game designwise you could adapt things (at least in a "normal" version) by avoiding designs where players get seperated too much and include ingame signals or messages to allow people to react. I am sure a lot of this can already be done by a customized combat log tab, but new players rarely know, what can be done by the tools given already. Everything that needs watching the environment, messages, actions of other players and status is fine.

Everything can get relevated or solved if you play with friends or in a friendly pug. But as soon as grind is involved the expectations and average group or guild composition change. (this might apply more for the "kk hm, AA, xp, gear" crowd, than the new instance though)

Seems to me the most gimped people nowadays are grind-aversed blue geared tanks The roles of the classes in blue gear are not really balanced. You can do good dps with certain combinations, even heal well...but tanks have more clear defined threshholds. Again the dual approach will only help here, by allowing lesser geared and experienced tanks to upgrade both (and with a broader choice of appropiate instances the grind will not feel as repetitive).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 23rd August 2013 at 08:03.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567