Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rotation

Default Rotation

I am a returning AoC player...haven't played in a couple of years. I just used my enter game at 50 and used offline levels to max to 80 on a newly created Sin.

Being gone as long as I have I have forgotten how hard a Sin can be to play and I'm kinda of lost. Here's the build I'm using: http://goo.gl/oblkb

Can someone suggest a rotation that would be beneficial for this build? Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by navycm View Post
    I am a returning AoC player...haven't played in a couple of years. I just used my enter game at 50 and used offline levels to max to 80 on a newly created Sin.

Being gone as long as I have I have forgotten how hard a Sin can be to play and I'm kinda of lost. Here's the build I'm using: http://goo.gl/oblkb

Can someone suggest a rotation that would be beneficial for this build? Thanks in advance
    I assume you're talking about PVE since your build contains - hate modifier.I would'nt recommend this build for solo pve, but for raids can be ok I think.
    In that case I would drop atrophy and feat unholy strenght.
    With that kind of build, you mostly need to spam swift strikes.
    take sin of the flesh combo and rotate with swift strike 8.
    trigger kidney shots every time it's available, same for lotus overdose. always use grave blossom with full shards, use face stab after grim corruption and dart after slow death strike since you've feated it.
    but the main source of dps with this kind of build is swift strikes rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandrah View Post
    I assume you're talking about PVE since your build contains - hate modifier.I would'nt recommend this build for solo pve, but for raids can be ok I think.
    In that case I would drop atrophy and feat unholy strenght.
    With that kind of build, you mostly need to spam swift strikes.
    take sin of the flesh combo and rotate with swift strike 8.
    trigger kidney shots every time it's available, same for lotus overdose. always use grave blossom with full shards, use face stab after grim corruption and dart after slow death strike since you've feated it.
    but the main source of dps with this kind of build is swift strikes rotation.
    why not use the grim corruptoin soul strike combo for essence detonation? that does alot of damage also

sure you can. but since he maxed out face stab and not essence detonation, i think you will get more damage on long term fight due to more crit chance.
    depends on the target. if it's vulnerable to magic damage, detonation is the way to go, even not maxed out.

Just a couple pointers on the build.

Maxing out "Necrosis" does almost nill damage increase to the facestab ability from what I have parsed out numerous times. It's good for pvp, but in pve it's not really all that great.

The Crit chance from Unholy Stabs is only worth it if you have a low crit chance on your sin in the firs place too. As you get gear, you can take away from those points.

And as far as putting only 1 point in Flesh Rot, and also Dark Weapon. It's one of those feats you either max it or leave it blank.

Atrophy isn't really worth feating out either. It doesn't affect boss's, and the rest of the mobs you just want to kill instead of debuffing them.

As for rotation?

Slow Death Strikes "SDS"

Lotus Coated Dart

Grim Corruption "GC"

Swift Strikes

Hit Face stab in between the swift strike combo. Just because it's not preloaded with "GC" or "SDS" doesn't meen you can't hit it and gain more damage.

Swift Strikes again

SDS "Spam this every time it's up"

Swift Strikes etc.

You get the idea.

spam SDS, follow it with lotus coated dart when available, Spam GC use miasma soul strike. And spam Facestab in between the swift strikes, and every other one will be consuming a SDS combo giving you a high crit.

Thats pretty much it for dps. Alot of playing the sin is reading the combo's and parsing it out with practice over and over again until you get a solid rotation.

Also, a HUGE component to dps on a melee class is the shielding. This is what makes 1 player better than the next. Equal gear doesn't mean equal dps. Shielding plays a huge roll in it.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Quote Originally Posted by kennyfisterbotm View Post
    Maxing out "Necrosis" does almost nill damage increase to the facestab ability from what I have parsed out numerous times. It's good for pvp, but in pve it's not really all that great.
    how can this be? it's a flat 15% increase in facestab damage...

Exactly, it's a 15% increase to the damage.

15% of a 1k hit is only an increase of 150 damage total. Those 3 points will benefit you more in other places, especially in the build that was posted.

It's not about will it help, it's about the bang for the buck. You have a limited amount of points to put into your build. What benefits you the most?

Anyway, that's from years of parsing out my sin. Also, I am strait pve. It is good for pvp purposes, since you only use certain amount of combo's per attack before you run away to regain health etc.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Quote Originally Posted by kennyfisterbotm View Post
    Hit Face stab in between the swift strike combo. Just because it's not preloaded with "GC" or "SDS" doesn't meen you can't hit it and gain more damage.
    how to sin right there :P, that fs is insta and consumes only if ur in range, great trade of dps for a single shard

Quote Originally Posted by sageman72 View Post
    how can this be? it's a flat 15% increase in facestab damage...
    the numbers the feats tell u arent exactly 100% accurate

But you have to put the points in necrosis to come deeper the lotus tree ... or will you tell us, that the points are better spent in flesh rot? As far as I know, neither flesh rot nor dark weapon is worth spending points.
    KlingenBruderschaft

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast